Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the delay is because in other countries they are slow to arrive for sale, when i buy ww bvs went out in July in hk and until November did not arrive in europe, they are not going to change any head for anybody, that would be very expensive for them, when they have released this for sale is because they have seen it right

WW officially is on her way, received shipping notice today. Thanks to everyone from the forum who contributed to their honest views and opinions about this figure. It was a difficult, but exciting choice.

Decided to go with the non-exclusive version after hearing and seeing a mention of potential damage to the figure due to the cloak. This was clearly defined in the HT instructions and during a review. There may be better cloaks out there less harmless (or maybe it's back to basics customizing my own). Another reason to go with non-exclusive had to do with no need for a mother box, just a WW figure.

Being an owner of HT Ben Kenobi, never had the cloak on so never experienced cloak damage (which was a main concern from the start of the exclusive announcement).

What makes this forum (or any forum) great is honesty and freedom to express each others views and opinions without bias or rejection.

Thank you all again for some great pics and hope to share some soon.

Best,

Could someone tell me what the cloak issue is please? I’ve looked for it in writing and don’t have 35 minutes unfortunately to watch the video as they’re about to charge mine in like 10 minutes haha.

Could someone tell me what the cloak issue is please? I’ve looked for it in writing and don’t have 35 minutes unfortunately to watch the video as they’re about to charge mine in like 10 minutes haha.

It might stain or darken the skin tone on the seamless body if left on for a long period of time..apparently HT uses a material for their cloaks ( Star Wars included) that stains the skin tone of a figure , especially a seamless bodied one

Which is a shame and ridiculous because a lot of people got the deluxe so they can display her with the cloak

Last edited:
I think HT write it as a precaution to cover themselves in case. I see now reason why it should stain - dye doesn't stay transferable forever.

It might stain or darken the skin tone on the seamless body if left on for a long period of time..apparently HT uses a material for their cloaks ( Star Wars included) that stains the skin tone of a figure , especially a seamless bodied one

Which is a shame and ridiculous because a lot of people got the deluxe so they can display her with the cloak

Thank you! I’m going ahead with my order. I’ll jusf cycle the cloak on and off for a few months and see how it does, I think.

Never thought I'd get the payment notice for the Deadpool 2 figure before this one, given this was 'released' first.

Still holding on to the hope it gets to UK stockists before Christmas. It should do.

If you want to create the OG Photo pose with the cloak you don't need those straps but you will need the WW sword and shield. I may get a 1/6 horse, maybe. Anyway, if you're wary of staining use something like saran wrap or tissue paper to cover her but I haven't heard of any major staining issues. I'm gonna lay the cloak out for a few days in the window sun to dry it out a bit before using it.

Has anyone used a vstoys cloak? Are they any good?

not sure if its the same as this one ,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-sixt...-Cape-Cloak-/282734350703?hash=item41d447d16f

i got this in january ,and have had it on a phicen seamless rubber body since it was delivered ,the cloak is slightly different material in hand from the ebay pictures ,its much nicer in my opinion ,as my horrible picture will show ,well if you can make them out that is ,light is poor today :dunno

although ive not got the hot toys one to compare ,this was is great in hand its wired in the side sections for posing and has a sword holder on the back strap and a hood ,ive had no staining issues at all ,as you hopefully can see from the undressed picture i took without the coat today after well over 8 months of it being on the figure , great buy for the outlay

20181026_101819_resized.jpg
20181026_102241_resized_1.jpg20181026_101836_resized.jpg20181026_103210_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20181026_102851_resized.jpg
    20181026_102851_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 416
20180126_102619_resized.jpg20180126_104332_resized.jpg

couple of slightly better pictures taken in better lighting conditions that hopefully show the cloak off better :)

sword and shield are from the barbie wonder woman :)

Last edited:
yeah id say that that one looks more like the one i received than the one in the ebay listing i bought from and posted

For me with this figure, it’s a one of those I’ll get it when I get it figures. Perhaps it’s beacuse I already at least have two WW figures, as opposed to a figure of a character that I don’t already have yet.

I have a feeling Lucky is just doing this as a hobby, but I guess he will want to make them at least for himself. Maybe he knows someone with the hardware to make the moulded sculpt ??

Getting the 3D computer sculpt to reality is no easy task though. This "Instructable" is pretty detailed and interesting. This is probably the process that most custom heads go through.

https://www.instructables.com/id/From-3D-to-Reality-Making-a-Resin-Sculpture-from/

Back