Hot Toys Justice League The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the movie version alot better, the TV show looks cheap made cosplay compared to this

Agreed.... the TV show cowl is nice, but the god-awful pleather outfits they insist on giving everyone in the CW really annoy me!
I'm sure they could come up with something a bit better than that these days... Daredevil looks a more polished costume in the TV series, so why not Flash!?!

I like the idea behind them and don't mind them at all on the costume –*however i'm a bit concerned looking at the pics so far it seems the wires are moulded on the suit, rather than being actual wires... I just expect better of Hot Toys!

What's the idea behind them?

I like the idea behind them and don't mind them at all on the costume –*however i'm a bit concerned looking at the pics so far it seems the wires are moulded on the suit, rather than being actual wires... I just expect better of Hot Toys!

Hopefully the production pieces will neither be wires or molded plastic but some kind of flexible fabric strings.

I've been saying this since SDCC, the prototype looks like it might be the most restrictive, limited, hard to pose figure in the entire JL line that we've seen so far. Anything that will make this figure more flexible should be incorporated into the production piece.

Hopefully the production pieces will neither be wires or molded plastic but some kind of flexible fabric strings.

I've been saying this since SDCC, the prototype looks like it might be the most restrictive, limited, hard to pose figure in the entire JL line that we've seen so far. Anything that will make this figure more flexible should be incorporated into the production piece.
Maybe bungee type stuff?

Agreed.... the TV show cowl is nice, but the god-awful pleather outfits they insist on giving everyone in the CW really annoy me!
I'm sure they could come up with something a bit better than that these days... Daredevil looks a more polished costume in the TV series, so why not Flash!?!

Exactly. The show doesn't have big screen budget but they could've pulled off a better design with the same materials. The show suit really does look like a mediocre cospaly outfit

It's a film adaption set in a more or less realistic world. Those ridiculous looking comic costumes just wouldn't work, changes have to be made

Using a marvel example, can you honestly say, in a realistic setting, you'd prefer this:
e42a23e571523951382c15fa2c117fa9.jpg

To this?
22d25ccafb97ea36c292733f68823920.jpg

Similar case here

What a load of nonsense sense! Of course a classic Flash would work! It would look better than this leather garbage looking Flash. It would work just like Christopher Reeves Superman, every Spiderman did. Comic Vulture would work a lot better than that mechanical monstrosity Keaton is wearing. Why do people like you post wrong headed points like it's fact?

I kinda like both. But I like this version better.
32f86ae49c9fbabcb9cb617fc033d770.jpg

I haven't seen the show, but the costume doesn't bother me, granted it looks far more low budget as it would be for TV. But, as cool as the JL movie flash looks I just don't get the Flash having armor (isn't that idea from a game or something?). The thing is, should the choice really be between armor or leather (or rubber like the 90's TV show)? I have no idea what material Sup's costume is, or Batman's in the DCEU but there are lots of options of materials being used in various superhero shows and movies without using spandex like in ages past, or rubber or leather like we saw when they first moved away from spandex. Look at Spider-man's costume in Civil War and Homecoming; something tight fitting and textured with, some sort of interesting details and lines could have been come up with for a guy who just runs really fast. There was no need for leather or armor.

Of course the costume is only part of it, and I hear the portrayal is well liked of Flash on TV and nothing I have seen about how Flash is being played in JL trailers have bothered me- I just think they have yet to get the costume right yet. The interesting thing about the Flash though and how with his speed he can travel through time and even parallel worlds, its fun to consider that both versions Flash could potentially come in contact with each other. (In theory, I doubt they will ever do it in film or tv.)

I know the TV series obviously doesn't have the budget of the movies, but i'm sure they could have come up with something better for Flash –*Just look how much better/more expensive the Daredevil suit looks.... but it's the "pleather" that bother's me in the CW shows... it works for Green Arrow, but i'm sure it wouldn't be comfortable for Flash to run in that, and every other hero - Vibe, Firestorm etc., all wear the same thing... Personally I think somebody working on those shows has shares in a Pleather company. In a real world situation, all the heroes would source their own costumes, so they'd all look differently.... Supergirl's costume looks outstanding compared to most CW shows!

I would prefer a more traditional looking flash but do like what they have done with the costumes. As long as it fits the character.

I remember hearing about what kind of costume they were going to make for the Spider-Raimi films and their logic was sound. What would a dynamic super acrobat need to move easily. Spandex seemed the most logical choice. Apply that to the Flash. What would a super speeding runner need to move fast that wouldn't disintegrate from the friction of his movements and the g-forces? Not sure spandex would hold up but a specially designed spandex might. It would need to be slick and aerodynamic to reduce friction but also light weight and tough.

It's an interesting debate amongst us nerds but I don't have a degree in physics to back up my theories. Nor do I have a test subject to try them out on so my opinion is clearly on Esthetics alone.

Oh boy people are kidding themselves with these comic designs.

Spider-man's comic design works for the most part because he doesn't look like he's wearing underwear or is an old man in green pj's on screen.

Do you honestly want to put Keaton in a skin tight green pajama with feathery wings and expect the audience to not laugh?

Anyways the only designs I love in Justice League is Aquaman. WW and Supes too but they don't really count, their designs aren't new.

Last edited:
It's a film adaption set in a more or less realistic world. Those ridiculous looking comic costumes just wouldn't work, changes have to be made

Using a marvel example, can you honestly say, in a realistic setting, you'd prefer this:
To this?

Similar case here
I know I prefer this:

Spider-Man.jpg

to this:

2012_amazing_spider_man-wide.jpg

And this:

imrs.php

to this:

daredevil.jpg

"They" don't want you to think comic accurate costumes will work. It's why "they" make every attempt "they" can to make you think comic-accurate costumes would look "tacky" and "wouldn't work".

captain-america-stage-show-costume.jpg

latest

I think a mostly comic-accurate Vulture would work, but it would definitely need some changes to adapt it to the world they built. Something along the lines of his look in Web of Shadows would be a nice compromise.

sjmivrkk6h3ta90lfsys.jpg

Look at the Black Panther. That is a pretty comic accurate costume that they made work.

I tend to prefer the middle ground of these issues. Have it make sense in the real world (or atleast the world that the story has set up) and don't have any superfluous and silly elements (sorry fans of Hawkeye's mask or Scarlett Witch's crown), but still leave it so it is recognizably the character from the comics.

Other than the name, there wasn't much that made Keaton's Vulture the character that he was inspired by.

Agree that a middle ground is definitely the ideal approach. In cases like Hawkeye's mask I think they could have made something similar to the helmet cap wears and it would have made sense. Even Steve Rogers wears a helmet and Clint ain't even superhuman. As far as Scarlet witch they probably could have given her a headband or something along those lines to kind of take the place of that, but not 100% necessary.

The hardest one I think to make work is wolverine's mask. His costume can be done no problem in my opinion. It's the finned helmet that is just hard to translate into a realistic universe.

Back