Hot Toys Justice League The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a film adaption set in a more or less realistic world. Those ridiculous looking comic costumes just wouldn't work, changes have to be made

Using a marvel example, can you honestly say, in a realistic setting, you'd prefer this:
e42a23e571523951382c15fa2c117fa9.jpg

To this?
22d25ccafb97ea36c292733f68823920.jpg

Similar case here

Well said- exactly

Didn't they explain those were to hold the parts of the suit together and stop them flying off when he's using the speed force. :dunno Physics not my strong point.

No - they are to 'ground' the electrical charge he generates whilst running apparently.

I guess it's a matter of personal taste but to me the more lightly armoured movie look is a lot more realistic and believable than the skin tight smooth muscle suit of older designs. The movies are adaptions after all

I think they could make a sleeker, more classic (Barry Allen) suit –*and from rumours we've heard, there's a possiblity that he may wear that suit at the end of the film. That said I do like the suit we've seen so far – it's predominantly a brigher red (something the TV programme still hasn't done) and it makes sense in regard to his powers within the DCEU.
Also – that suit Shipp wore in the 80's TV series looked pretty bad then and even worse now!

Yeah, Batman could use a few more black lines on his JL suit too.

Yeah I agree about the Batman suit, but I guess they are paying some homage to the original suit. Ie plain grey. The more I look at it with this in mind the more I like it.

The Flash costume is also growing on me fast. But need to stick to my plan of just the trinity here, as I'm more a Star Wars man.

Although I understand what they were going for, I'm in the camp that would have preferred a more traditional looking suit. There are just too many armor panels on this thing, and too many wires... just too busy. Sure, not all comic outfits can work on the big screen (Vulture example), but others work just fine (Spidey, Black Panther). For Flash they could definitely have gone more along the Black Panther type of costume material.
On the other hand, I actually think Aquaman looks fantastic!

It's an awesome "homemade" suit.
You can tell that it was made by a poor yet smart guy with something cool in mind.

The only thing I don't like is the logo, wish it was white instead of black so the lightning bolt would stand out.

No - they are to 'ground' the electrical charge he generates whilst running apparently.

:duff Thanks, appreciate the explanation.
I'll be getting him, Cyborg and Aquaman for sure. Not decided on Batman yet and if I get Superman I'll have to sell the BvS version.

How did my comment that the film outfit looked too complicated (or as others said 'busy'), and that the kid on the TV show has a better outfit, translate into me saying it should look like the comic book? Apparently people can't read.

How did my comment that the film outfit looked too complicated (or as others said 'busy'), and that the kid on the TV show has a better outfit, translate into me saying it should look like the comic book? Apparently people can't read.

Who knows? But that's where the conversation is now, so that's what people are discussing....

Thank goodness this looks better than the real life costume. he's one of my favorite characters. Excited to get my first 1/6 Flash....probably in 2019.

Toyark photos:

2d69dd7ec014a995a6cfa0fd0cf52f78.jpeg

a0be406f03769d79a3a3dba9c50c4879.jpeg

640612366c74a8917c325f277beabc9c.jpeg

I'm definitely interested in getting this. I hope the articulation isn't hindered by the suit.

More simpler outfit = Comic style outfit. Never say they look too complicated. It's a death sentence on these boards.
a8780068a81288d13d8331ec37e76038.jpg

270d1d34be08f2d1226fbbdd0a45b943.jpg

1029b82172b12b89cb892983dd431e9f.jpg

I think I'd rather have the right side of these pics on my shelf.

Everyone liking the look of the Flash figure? I'm going on a limb and betting that his articulation will be about as restrictive as the first Ant-Man. I know this is a DC thread and some might not collect MCU figures but it's worth watching a review of the solo Ant-Man figure so you'll know what to expect.

Everyone liking the look of the Flash figure? I'm going on a limb and betting that his articulation will be about as restrictive as the first Ant-Man. I know this is a DC thread and some might not collect MCU figures but it's worth watching a review of the solo Ant-Man figure so you'll know what to expect.

I saw the video blog on the 1st antman.. It's practically none.. Similar to Keaton's Batman..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back