Hot Toys Justice League The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just decided to order the Flash and Aquaman, they simply look too cool not to have.
Hopefully it won't be too long before they make it over here.

Man I want that Flash so bad. I really hope we get Superman and Batman before the end of the year. Still wish we were getting Cyborg to complete the set.

Bit the bullet and ordered. Oddly enough, BBTS has this "In Stock"....while JL Aquaman is still listed as "Preorder". The oddities of distribution I guess.

After looking at some of the photos and video reviews in here, I couldn't resist. I love the Snyder aesthetic for DC and even though the JL movie was a studio-infected train wreck, I like what HT has done for the Justice League so far. I hope Howard reconsiders and slips Cyborg into the production mix someday. This group of figures will make an impressive display line up as some folks have shown in some great shots.

Looking forward to snapping some shots of my own next week...

27d81a7719c693148b6079127a2b4e60.jpg

Amazing pic ... Snyder vision ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trying to get this pose for the flash but cant get that side lean on the stand

Just received this today.

Right out of the box..no real futzing.

FLASH-JL-003.jpg

First impressions: He's an intriguing figure. Interesting construction with lots of layered detail. I can already see that extreme care will have to be taken handling this figure and paying attention where the layers meet on the costume and pinch points for it as well while attempting some more dynamic poses. The magnet head is an interesting approach. More care needed here...the head can get knocked off pretty easily.

I'll look at him a little closer over the weekend, but I'm glad I picked it up. He certainly packs a great visual punch!

Well...no activity in here since I posted last night. Interest in this figure must be rather low, which is really too bad because it's actually a pretty cool figure.

FLASH-JL-004.jpg

As I mentioned, it is a figure that requires a little extra attention when handling. It has many fine features like the chest emblem and other protrusions that could bend or break easily, so use care!

HT has captured the densely detailed costume very well, capturing all of the strong graphic qualities that Dominic Capon and Michael Wilkinson wrapped Ezra Miller in to create Snyder's vision of the scarlet speedster.

FLASH-JL-006.jpg

The portrait, encased in it's glossy, streamlined helmet, manages to effectively capture Miller's expression in what is a very limited view of his face, right down to the little quirk of the lip, really selling it. While the magnet feature makes moving the head around easy, it is not real secure on the fabric-covered neckpost, so be aware when moving and handling the figure.

The hands change easily enough, just watch the sleeves as they cover the exposed area of the post, a nice feature that gives the hand-to-arm a nice seamless appearance. The feet are also completely coverd inside the shoe, so removing them is not advised and as with other areas on the costume, use care when positioning

FLASH-JL-007.jpg

The body is good and tight and while the many layers of rubber plates and the rubber bodysuit create a challenge in avoiding any pinched areas or plates popping off, some cool posing is possible with this figure. While he looks impressive enough in a somewhat static pose, I may use one of the gooseneck supports from another figure to get a more fluid, action pose out of him for display.

FLASH-JL-008.jpg

Hot Toys certainly brought their A-game to this figure with some good strong solutions to the problems rendering a complex costume like The Flashinto a figure that not only maintains the design, but allows for good movement and variety for display. While it looks like we will never see a Cyborg to complete the Synderverse vision in sixth scale, this figure of The Flash is a strong enough figure to be displayed with or without his JL companions.

I hope more folks find this figure and add it to their collections. I'm hoping to see more photos and display ideas for this one.

Totally agree. It really is a great figure, but that's no surprise. HT has brought it's A game for most DC figures and this isn't an exception. I like the range of motion the magnetic head brings. The suit is really neat, and despite all the details, it doesn't interfere with possibility. I definitely like the figure more than I thought I would.

I will probably pick it up eventually but I'm frankly bugged that HT is refusing to manufacture even a limited release of Cyborg to complete the set.

I can see why there'd be no point in making Cyborg from perspective. Movie flopped, it's looking increasingly likely Ray Fisher won't be back anyway, that solo Cyborg movie is most likely never happening (if it ever was), and the design is not only kind of an eyesore, but also has zero reuse potential. At this point the cost of production probably wouldn't be worth whatever they'd be getting in sales.

I can see why there'd be no point in making Cyborg from perspective. Movie flopped, it's looking increasingly likely Ray Fisher won't be back anyway, that solo Cyborg movie is most likely never happening (if it ever was), and the design is not only kind of an eyesore, but also has zero reuse potential. At this point the cost of production probably wouldn't be worth whatever they'd be getting in sales.

The new design at the end of the movie looked much better but sadly we're never likely to see it in a full movie now.

This figure is another amazing work of art by HT- they give it all on DC releases because they aren't rushing them out like SW or MCU figures- some of which are underwhelming

Back