Hot Toys Justice League The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope WB gives the DC license to Asmus.
I disagree, I don't like Hot Toys shifting their focus to primarily to Marvel but I rather wait and get a good quality figure over have it rushed by a third party company. I bought Asmus X-23, it's ok but it definitively has its flaws.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I disagree, I don't like Hot Toys shifting their focus to primarily to Marvel but I rather wait and get a good quality figure over have it rushed by a third party company. I bought Asmus X-23, it's ok but it definitively has its flaws.

Maybe DC needs to break the 1/6 license up. Light a fire under Hot Toys ass to produce (and I don't know... release) their figures. The McFarlane licensing deal has me wondering if these new delays are related to their announcement of 12" DC figures. Was Hot Toys burned by this..?

Maybe DC needs to break the 1/6 license up. Light a fire under Hot Toys ass to produce (and I don't know... release) their figures. The McFarlane licensing deal has me wondering if these new delays are related to their announcement of 12" DC figures. Was Hot Toys burned by this..?
Nah. 12 inch figures and sixth scale are two completely different things. Hot toys has a great relationship with Disney. Even thanking the CEO in a post recently. If WB did pull the licencing, Hot toys would be just fine. Remember there are only 4 DC FILMS coming out in the next three years. Marvel has about 2 per year.

Nah. 12 inch figures and sixth scale are two completely different things. Hot toys has a great relationship with Disney. Even thanking the CEO in a post recently. If WB did pull the licencing, Hot toys would be just fine. Remember there are only 4 DC FILMS coming out in the next three years. Marvel has about 2 per year.

For now, maybe but things change. Remember not so long ago Marvel nearly went bankrupt. If Hot Toys want to throw all their eggs in one basket and treat fans of every other licence like dirt they might pay the price later on.

DC is far from dead, I'll always believe they have the better characters. Biased, yes but since Marvel are so keen to copy maybe they agree to. Most of the current issues are WB execs dropping the ball rather than a lack of interest in the characters.

Aquaman just made over a billion but it doesn't seem to have registered with Hot Toys at all. Still just the one figure announced with the lame repainted head. The hugely popular Arkham games get about one figure a year while they make that lame punk Spiderman the moment that game released.

Still no Pfeiffer Catwoman, 66 Joker, 1/4 scale Terminator and numerous other things they teased but never made good on. When the MCU slows down HT might regret alienating so many collectors.

For now, maybe but things change. Remember not so long ago Marvel nearly went bankrupt. If Hot Toys want to throw all their eggs in one basket and treat fans of every other licence like dirt they might pay the price later on.

DC is far from dead, I'll always believe they have the better characters. Biased, yes but since Marvel are so keen to copy maybe they agree to. Most of the current issues are WB execs dropping the ball rather than a lack of interest in the characters.

Aquaman just made over a billion but it doesn't seem to have registered with Hot Toys at all. Still just the one figure announced with the lame repainted head. The hugely popular Arkham games get about one figure a year while they make that lame punk Spiderman the moment that game released.

Still no Pfeiffer Catwoman, 66 Joker, 1/4 scale Terminator and numerous other things they teased but never made good on. When the MCU slows down HT might regret alienating so many collectors.

I was just reminiscing about how Hot Toys used to release a broader range of film figures, now it seems like it's a bunch of Marvel crap with Star Wars and a couple Fantastic Beasts figures, and unnecessary repaints ("Dusty" Deadpool..? Was there a huge demand for that one?) tossed in.

Yeah. Don't really understand Hot Toys logic but hey since they've released all four of their Marvel figures the only remaining ones are the DC figs. We've waited this long we will get it soon enough.

I was just reminiscing about how Hot Toys used to release a broader range of film figures, now it seems like it's a bunch of Marvel crap with Star Wars and a couple Fantastic Beasts figures, and unnecessary repaints ("Dusty" Deadpool..? Was there a huge demand for that one?) tossed in.

Yes! Occasionally they throw us a bone like the John Wick figure but compared to how it was HT are far to super hero and Disney centric.

They could have done more with the Terminator license. At least give us a T-800 in 1/4 scale, a 1/6 Kyle Reese and endo skeleton from either T1 or T2. They gave up on Rambo and Indiana Jones pretty fast. Still countless other classic 80's-90's franchises they could delve into.

The problem is that Star Wars and Marvel are really, really popular and they know if they release them alongside the new movie they will sell even better. Something like The Flash will only appeal to the hardcore fans of Justice League and they pretty much expect the only people to buy the toy to be those people. So they are not in a hurry to release him becuase they know the sales potential is limited.

The problem is that Star Wars and Marvel are really, really popular and they know if they release them alongside the new movie they will sell even better. Something like The Flash will only appeal to the hardcore fans of Justice League and they pretty much expect the only people to buy the toy to be those people. So they are not in a hurry to release him becuase they know the sales potential is limited.

They might want to hurry. If they wait any longer a lot of people might cancel.
Speaking of which; is there an edition size on these? Wondering if they'll be sitting around in Sideshow's warehouse a year or two from now and if they'll be discounted...

Many here seem to think that HT picks and chooses what they want form DC or Marvel, that's not quite how things work.

Two things are happening that will probably impact the DC related releases for the near future:

- DC Entertainment is restructuring, from editorial to licensing all their departments are being affected.
DC's toy division is merging with Warner's, this is bound to affect operations until things settle down (around July).

Add to that the uncertainty surrounding the future of the DC films and it's easy to see why various manufacturers are a bit hesitant to produce something other than Batman for now.

- Marvel / Dysney has clearly become HT's cash cow with the MCU and Star Wars.
Is it unreasonable to assume that they would offer HT better deals if they concentrate on mass producing Marvel/Star Wars products?
If the production line is overwhelmed by these products others have to wait.

That is exactly how Marvel Comics has operated since the 80's in order to fill valuable shelf space with their comics.
"Want the latest X-Men issues? You have to also put these 10 titles on the shelf, less space for the competition".

Batman is the most valuable super-hero in the world so he'll be fine, beyond that we'll have to see.

Many here seem to think that HT picks and chooses what they want form DC or Marvel, that's not quite how things work.

Two things are happening that will probably impact the DC related releases for the near future:

- DC Entertainment is restructuring, from editorial to licensing all their departments are being affected.
DC's toy division is merging with Warner's, this is bound to affect operations until things settle down (around July).

Add to that the uncertainty surrounding the future of the DC films and it's easy to see why various manufacturers are a bit hesitant to produce something other than Batman for now.

- Marvel / Dysney has clearly become HT's cash cow with the MCU and Star Wars.
Is it unreasonable to assume that they would offer HT better deals if they concentrate on mass producing Marvel/Star Wars products?
If the production line is overwhelmed by these products others have to wait.

That is exactly how Marvel Comics has operated since the 80's in order to fill valuable shelf space with their comics.
"Want the latest X-Men issues? You have to also put these 10 titles on the shelf, less space for the competition".

Batman is the most valuable super-hero in the world so he'll be fine, beyond that we'll have to see.

It's an interesting comparison to Marvel's heyday of the 1980's. We all know how that turned out. The company produced a ton of empty, cash grab "event" series, idiotic "collectible" covers (chromium, die cut, etc.), and other companies followed the trend- right into the ground. Consumers hopped off the bandwagon, and the company went bankrupt. How long will it be before people are sick of Marvel in its current cinematic capacity? There was a time that I thought Star Wars would forever be a cinematic juggernaut. Solo proved me absolutely incorrect. The MCU can't last forever. Hot Toys had better start taking that into consideration.

Hot Toys had better start taking that into consideration.

And DC is going to be sitting there ready to kill it? Given the CURRENT situation that's a pipedream, as much as I would love to have an Arkham film universe, or DC films that introduce me to characters I've never experienced like GOTG did, they are nowhere near that.

HT produces what sells. They are a business and for profit. DCEU figures, let alone figures from a film that's been compared to Catwoman, with actors and actresses that may or may not be replaced within two years, doesn't particularly sound like an appealing or ripe money maker. No matter how good Aquaman has done (and I liked it before that gets thrown under me!), the landscape shift is going to heavily influence marketing. And even with the MCU, some of their most popular films only got one or two figs. That isn't abnormal.

And DC is going to be sitting there ready to kill it? Given the CURRENT situation that's a pipedream, as much as I would love to have an Arkham film universe, or DC films that introduce me to characters I've never experienced like GOTG did, they are nowhere near that.

HT produces what sells. They are a business and for profit. DCEU figures, let alone figures from a film that's been compared to Catwoman, with actors and actresses that may or may not be replaced within two years, doesn't particularly sound like an appealing or ripe money maker. No matter how good Aquaman has done (and I liked it before that gets thrown under me!), the landscape shift is going to heavily influence marketing. And even with the MCU, some of their most popular films only got one or two figs. That isn't abnormal.

I wan't referring to the DCEU. I was talking about variety across the board. Not just superheroes but from films and games.

:goodpost:

HT will alienate DC-centric consumers? Well, see how fast these consumers flock back to them when they release popular demanded figures.

Consumers mostly have short term memory in the face of a product they want. :lol

I rewatched a Comic-con video of the HT JL figures the other day, and I was actually struck by how good this particular figure looked. Looks like it would stand out in a collection.

Really hoping that Ezra gets his way and that for the solo film WB will approve a more serious and a bit darker story for the character than what Daley and Goldstein were planning, i.e., versus going the Spider-Man: Homecoming route.

Really hoping that Ezra gets his way and that for the solo film WB will approve a more serious and a bit darker story for the character than what Daley and Goldstein were planning, i.e., versus going the Spider-Man: Homecoming route.

I think they made a mistake casting that guy as Flash. I never heard of him before seeing the movie but during the movie the way he was acting made me google him then I realized he was just basically playing himself. Most gay actors can play a straight character with no problem. He looks like he would fail miserably try to do so. Now if they intend for Flash to be gay then there is no issue.

I didn’t mind the goofiness of his character. I just didn’t like the way he ran. You would think a speedster would need to be as aerodynamic as possible when he/she runs keeping your arms and legs in tight to the body but he was flopping around all over the place. Arms and legs just out of control. Definitely looked like he was running in place for a lot of scenes. My only gripe for Flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they made a mistake casting that guy as Flash. I never heard of him before seeing the movie but during the movie the way he was acting made me google him then I realized he was just basically playing himself. Most gay actors can play a straight character with no problem. He looks like he would fail miserably try to do so. Now if they intend for Flash to be gay then there is no issue.

I think if Grant Gustin wasn’t so good as Barry on TV and the animated versions of Barry weren’t good, this version would have been a little more palatable. I just couldn’t buy him as Barry though, maybe a version of Bart, I fully blame the writers. I not sad to say I hope the rumors of him being replaced are true. Figure does look great though, and I’ve almost ordered it a few times.

Back