Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Less little faith and more acceptance. This figure ain't happening, y'all.

I'm surprised none of the other knock-off companies haven't put this one out following the official release of the 5 Leaguers from Hot Toys. The SooSoo Toys Katana was perfect. Hoped they'd do the other 50 DC figures Hot Toys will never do.

If the snyder cuts released and cyborg ends being a better character I can see a third party taking a shot at it. But cyborg as it stands right now is a boring character. I gave zero ****s about him and that ticked me off.

I'm surprised none of the other knock-off companies haven't put this one out following the official release of the 5 Leaguers from Hot Toys. The SooSoo Toys Katana was perfect. Hoped they'd do the other 50 DC figures Hot Toys will never do.

I got Katana pretty recently, and yeah, that's a great figure. I had the same hope for Cyborg. And Captain Boomerang. And Killer Croc. And Diablo. And Ares (Half tempted to pick up the Star Ace Lupin).

So with the Snyder Cut being official and all, anyone think HT might rethink Cyborg? Fingers crossed, but still not holding my breath.

Probably not, no. Unless it's a huge, massive success. We're still waiting on Shazam, after all.

Yea, I mean, I don?t want to say never when it comes to this, but the chances of anymore Justice League figures are slim.

But who knows, we did get the snyder cut after all.

Well lets just look at HT record with JL figures to begin with.....what about 2 years to release JL superman? Shows priority focus HT has on this license. So if HT is going to drag their feet on a mainstream character like Superman then chances of a secondary character like cyborg, well you tell me what the odds are

I think it's quite possible.
For me it's simple, if HT releases Cyborg I'll get Flash and Aquaman.
If not I'm done with everything other than Batman.

I think the Cyborg proto is on the pile with Yellowjacket, Ultron drones, etc. The best hope is probably going to be a KO producer or custom.

If the snyder cuts released and cyborg ends being a better character I can see a third party taking a shot at it. But cyborg as it stands right now is a boring character. I gave zero ****s about him and that ticked me off.

I hear ya. DC did things so backward I think trying to hurry up and release BVS and JL to get in on the Marvel Avengers madness.

They should have done backstory movies for each character first to build report with fans and character expansion.
DC should have done something like this:

Man of Steel
suicide squad
Shazam
WW
BVS
Flash
Cyborg
JL
Aquaman (preferable re done it so it could fit in before JL)

Just my 2 cents, but I think this timeline of movies would have made more sense and gave character development to bring BVS and JL more credit. A lot of people who never read the comics didn't really understand what was going on with WW in BVS as there was no explanation of her backstory before she just showed up.
Same with flash, aquaman, and cyborg.

I think the Cyborg proto is on the pile with Yellowjacket, Ultron drones, etc. The best hope is probably going to be a KO producer or custom.

agreed, I think HT is using the Sideshow "RSVP list" for when a figure is available for pre-order to gauge interest.

So many figures had a prototype made and even shown and SDCC or similar big conventions in Asia and then disappeared. You know they shelled out money for the license, you know they put money and time into development of the figure by the prototype produced, so why no produce it?

Only thing I can think of is they saw very little interest shown in these figures that would still not make it worth while to mass produce. I know some people say make it a toyfair exclusive etc. But the cost to them to make even 1000 of those figures would be considerable, especially when you potentially only sell 100 of them.

Look at figures they did release in full production run that did not sell like =:

Chitari foot soldier
Chitari Commander
Force awakens Storm Troopers
Force awakens Officer Storm Troopers
Force awakens Snow Troopers
Force awakens Officer Snow Troopers
Force awakens Luke Skywalker
JL Aquaman
JL Flash
JL WW

I mean I could go on and on, look at SS website for Hot Toys figures that are in stock. There are a lot of different figures in stock. Wasn't that long ago, (roughly 3 years ago or so) that once a figure came out it sold out usually within a couple months or less of release. A few times I saw figures that sold out within a day or two of being in stock.

Now SS has figures that have been in stock for a 6 months to a year or even longer that have not sold out. So it makes sense to me that HT would be getting more and more cautious on what they are producing.

I would think on figures that we have mentioned like cyborg, yellow jacket etc it would make more sense for Hot Toys to have SS do something different than an RSVP to be notified when a figure is available for pre-order.

Instead there should be a disclaimer like " This figure is in consideration for production, however to ensure this product is manufactured, there needs to be a commitment of at least XXXX amount of orders to move forward to production" And charge people a NRD that would be refunded if there was not enough people who did the "pre-order".

Seems like a much better way to handle decisions on figures that they are not sure if it would be profitable to do a production run on.

So surprised when Hot Toys screw fans like this that the third party companies don't just put one out. Been waiting for a Cyborg and a Mera for what feels like forever now. Like the third party companies have put out all the Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix figures and they have less fans than Cyborg alone. So strange.

Like I would take just a head sculpt. just that and put it on a hoodie/tracksuit boy version of the figure. For as long as I've been buying from Hot Toys I will never understand the attitude of "We were gonna make the figure.... but we won't now. But nobody else can either."

I think the smartest option for a KO company would be to produce an after credits Cyborg, since HT has only shown the movie version proto.

Third party proto (looks like they needed a sponsor to cover development costs):

CDA64ABB-2A01-4D8A-A948-4E150B7EA65D.jpeg

anyone know or get one of thoses limited run custom cyborg figures that was mooted on here a while back

Back