Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will be expensive for them to make him. And the film flopped. And now they want out. They did the same with Lone Ranger. The film flopped and then HT murmured something about likeness issues and pending and yada yada yada. It annoys me they don't have the balls to come out and say: **** you, we're not doing it." People are still hoping for 1966 Batman mobile.
Somebody said they are also not saying "We're not doing it" so other people wont do it. Hot Toys is the lion. The king of the jungle. If they said: We won't do this and this and this" all the hyenas would jump on it. They are simply scared to do it, as long as Hot Toys might do it. Cause we all want the best and Hot Toys is the best

Hot Toys isn't my king of the jungle anymore. They used to be.
But I'm not a teen anymore, I don't have years to wait for them with fingers crossed, desperately hoping for them to make a figure (like Returns Penguin and Catwoman*cough)
while they devote time and effort to manufacturing mostly repetitive characters (we did not need 5 Leto Jokers or 800 Iron Man suits, for instance)
I understand that folks will say "Hey, they just make what sells! They are going where the money is!" but here's the thing, that's fine, money is money, and I don't mean to sound like a bohemian snob, but they are clearly tipping the scale towards money and forgetting what made them the go-to company for 1/6 to begin with.

Huge quality drop along with huge price hike doesn't help, they are getting lazy and too sure of themselves that folks will buy no matter what they pump out.
It's a sign for me to move on, other companies are catching up very quickly as far as likeness and quality.
And as far as licenses that aren't owned by Disney, I think the pickings will be rather slim from HT for the foreseeable future.

But I'm not a teen anymore, I don't have years to wait for them with fingers crossed, desperately hoping for them to make a figure (like Returns Penguin and Catwoman*cough)
while they devote time and effort to manufacturing mostly repetitive characters (we did not need 5 Leto Jokers or 800 Iron Man suits, for instance)
I understand that folks will say "Hey, they just make what sells! They are going where the money is!" but here's the thing, that's fine, money is money, and I don't mean to sound like a bohemian snob, but they are clearly tipping the scale towards money and forgetting what made them the go-to company for 1/6 to begin with.

Huge quality drop along with huge price hike doesn't help, they are getting lazy and too sure of themselves that folks will buy no matter what they pump out.
It's a sign for me to move on, other companies are catching up very quickly as far as likeness and quality.
And as far as licenses that aren't owned by Disney, I think the pickings will be rather slim from HT for the foreseeable future.
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I want competition, but there's no one on HT's level (except Blitzway, and they do one character a year). Who is as good as Hot Toys?

I want competition, but there's no one on HT's level (except Blitzway, and they do one character a year). Who is as good as Hot Toys?
Blitzway isn't even good competition anymore. Third parties are putting out sculpts and tailoring as good and sometimes better than the height of their product. Their last releases have honestly been pretty mid-tier at best in paints, and nowhere near their sculpt potential.

Have you seen the ToysEra Cable figure? My buddy picked one up, he's amazing. I picked up the BurningSoul Cop Joker pack, the sculpts and clothing are fantastic, in some areas far superior to the HT version. In my opinion, there are at least 3 companies that are closing the gap in quality very quickly, alot of previews I've seen for upcoming X-Men figures look amazing as well. Star Ace has the Ninja Batman license, and their sculpt work on animated style figures is top notch.

Enterbay Bill... must come back.

gordon-hospital-TDKR.jpg

Have you seen DID's figures?
They are usually on par, if not better, than any HT figure. Too bad they don't do licensed properties, but their Apollo 11 astronauts look amazing.

They are usually on par, if not better, than any HT figure. Too bad they don't do licensed properties, but their Apollo 11 astronauts look amazing.
Their apollo figures are not cheap as well.. it's a diecast ironman price.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, but their figures usually cost about half of what a Hot Toys figure costs...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I have their Roger Moore figure and the sculpt is fabulous. Other parts of the figure not so good but for the price paid I'm very happy.

Their astronauts do look really good.

Have you seen the ToysEra Cable figure? My buddy picked one up, he's amazing. I picked up the BurningSoul Cop Joker pack, the sculpts and clothing are fantastic, in some areas far superior to the HT version.

When Toys Era is on, they're ON. Agreed, the Mechanical (Cable) is excellent, Hot Toys quality. The Freezer (Iceman).....not so much.

I suppose most peeps in this forum are relatively new to 1/6 collecting and are here because of Marvel and Star Wars, so there's not much chance that they have experienced other brands' products.
A shame really, as there are many amazing companies doing stellar work out there, not to mention the shoulders of giants on which Hot Toys built its empire.

I suppose most peeps in this forum are relatively new to 1/6 collecting and are here because of Marvel and Star Wars, so there's not much chance that they have experienced other brands' products.
A shame really, as there are many amazing companies doing stellar work out there, not to mention the shoulders of giants on which Hot Toys built its empire.

You gave me the idea to count the number of company names in my collection list.

It came to 65 (328 figures), though a few of them are the same company using different names.

I only ever had one Dragon in Dreams figure, John Coleman, because it was sold ridiculously cheap. Modeller's Loft were virtually giving them away (£20?), and all I really wanted from it was the all metal Vickers machine-gun.

This was years ago, and back then DiD were merely a step up from Dragon (DML). I never much liked the figure, from the sculpt to the thick material of the clothes. But their pleather work, as in the Same Browne, boots and gaiters, was top notch, and leagues ahead of DML's plastic equivalents.

I sold Coleman to a dealer who parted out figures a few years back, but kept the Vickers and gas mask bag.

The only other DiD I've bought since have been German officer boots for Star Wars characters. Because my collection shifted focus I never bought another DiD figure.

As for quality work on a budget, companies like Ace are hard to beat for materials, tailoring and historical accuracy. Even Kadhobby/Pattiz rivals Hot Toys for tailoring.

Collectors sometimes get so focused on a particular company that they can't see the merits in others.

Have you seen the ToysEra Cable figure? My buddy picked one up, he's amazing. I picked up the BurningSoul Cop Joker pack, the sculpts and clothing are fantastic, in some areas far superior to the HT version. In my opinion, there are at least 3 companies that are closing the gap in quality very quickly, alot of previews I've seen for upcoming X-Men figures look amazing as well. Star Ace has the Ninja Batman license, and their sculpt work on animated style figures is top notch.

I have seen it and I think it's good. Soo Soo Dark Spedster is also amazing. But HT puts out quality again and again. Sure, sometimes they miss the target a bit, but they rarely ever fail. Other companies are doing good now and again. But not consistently (I don't know DID).I own a ThreeA and had the Judge Dredd. Also had others. Mondo. Have Coomodel on preorder but Hot Toys just delivers again and again. I reminds of Panasonic in the 90's. Their slogan was: "Can we have some competition, please?" Hot Toys is that good right now. I am not saying others are terrible, I am simply stating that as far as I know, there is no one out there with the same level of quality with every release

I'm just in denial. I'm still foolishly holding onto hope for him and Shazam (wonder why Shazam is also taking so long)...I know factories need to make a certain amount to justify the labor etc., but I really think a vocal minority really want an official HT Cyborg. He should be like a Toy Fair or Movie Promo Exclusive or something lol.

My foolish hope is that... when... the Snyder cut of J is released on HBO Max... if it proves to be popular and a thing where there are a lot of positive media articles about fans playing such a role in making it happen and whatnot... i.e., the narrative is about a hardwon victory by fans that believed in a vision.... then maybe that awesome looking HT Cyborg figure finally goes into production because they would perceive or actually measure demand to warrant it. The fantasy here is that because this is not the same movie (director's cut is 3:34--and this is via streaming) that was released into theaters (theater cut reshot at 2:00) and the GA and critics like it, etc., that it's popularity is much greater than the theater release. Joker made a splash culturally because it was so daring; and so does the Snyder cut because it was so driven by loyal fans and there is a fairly interesting human interest story behind it with the studio overhauling the film after a director leaves when his daughter suicided. Just as BvS is now arguably a cult film, the Snyder cut's history solidifies it as something truly out of the ordinary. It stands for something greater to many, and is not at all just another run of the mill superhero flick, etc. (Snyder haters will of course scoff at this, but Snyder fans just shrug that off by now. Keep on hatin', whatever.)

Anyway, Zack Snyder has said that Cyborg was the "heart of the film." Given that, he's going to have more scenes, and obviously be more important to the entire tale.

Back