Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not saying i need DC to copy MCU, but they had greenlit ZackSnyder's vision and they wanted to course correct midway.. they butchered the original JL movie that we are supposed to receive...
Many movies don't do sequels if they don't sell well. But why course correct and amend the movie last minute..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Well, the MCU has pulled it off with truly stellar results but at this point no one really wants to see DC try to copy that.

They certainly have pulled it off! Reviews, box office etc fans love them. Personally they aren't my cup of tea and I'd rather DC do their own thing....but just do it a lot better than they have been doing.

Too late to try the same thing with 10 years and 20+ movies behind the competition. DC should do their own thing and stick with it. And let the people do their job without interference. I don't care about some huge DC universum anymore, just do outstanding standalone movies. Too bad i'm no WB chief executive :)

I wonder if, shortly before the release of BvS, they had educated some friendly critics and vloggers about the deconstruction in BvS specifically but also the whole arc of the five film plan, if then at least there might have been more buy-in. And there would have been advocates out there rather then the usual bandwagon, especially with the Disney/MCU formula working so famously alongside it. As it was, a Watchmen style deconstruction for the first time Superman and Batman met in a live action blockbuster was just too jarring and disturbing for the mainstream. I loved it. It felt to me like Stanley Kubrick or Ridley Scott, or both rolled into one, had made a superhero film. But for the mainstream it was too much of a departure.

But damn, if Snyder had been left alone--and Ben Affleck as well, for that matter--to just make the films he wanted and let the chips fall where they may, WB would be better off by now, I do believe that.

It is interesting, though just how much of what Snyder had planned ended up being done by the MCU. Not to go all conspiracy theory on it. But by the admission of the writers of Civil War they revised the tale because of what BvS was doing! Both Snyder's five film arc and MCU feature an alien invasion where it looks like earth has won but the enemy comes back with a vengeance and wins, requiring a second even more epic battle. At some point Thanos says "I'll do it myself" when his forces fail without him leading the charge and then he does just that to win, and in Snyder's five film arc after Steppenwolf is defeated Darkseid comes to earth to fight the battle again. In JL Diana beheads Steppenwolf (in the Snyder cut), and in IW Thor beheads Thanos. Both stories feature time travel and a multiverse framework to win the war. At the end of Snyder's five film arc Batman heroically dies and in the MCU Iron Man does the same thing. (Bruce/Tony and Clark/Steve as the main heroes also mirrored between the two franchises.)

Snyder had planned out his five film arc between MoS and BvS approximately 2014.

Anyway, that's a lot of similarity if you ask me!

I wonder if, shortly before the release of BvS, they had educated some friendly critics and vloggers about the deconstruction in BvS specifically but also the whole arc of the five film plan, if then at least there might have been more buy-in. And there would have been advocates out there rather then the usual bandwagon, especially with the Disney/MCU formula working so famously alongside it. As it was, a Watchmen style deconstruction for the first time Superman and Batman met in a live action blockbuster was just too jarring and disturbing for the mainstream. I loved it. It felt to me like Stanley Kubrick or Ridley Scott, or both rolled into one, had made a superhero film. But for the mainstream it was too much of a departure.

But damn, if Snyder had been left alone--and Ben Affleck as well, for that matter--to just make the films he wanted and let the chips fall where they may, WB would be better off by now, I do believe that.

It is interesting, though just how much of what Snyder had planned ended up being done by the MCU. Not to go all conspiracy theory on it. But by the admission of the writers of Civil War they revised the tale because of what BvS was doing! Both Snyder's five film arc and MCU feature an alien invasion where it looks like earth has won but the enemy comes back with a vengeance and wins, requiring a second even more epic battle. At some point Thanos says "I'll do it myself" when his forces fail without him leading the charge and then he does just that to win, and in Snyder's five film arc after Steppenwolf is defeated Darkseid comes to earth to fight the battle again. In JL Diana beheads Steppenwolf (in the Snyder cut), and in IW Thor beheads Thanos. Both stories feature time travel and a multiverse framework to win the war. At the end of Snyder's five film arc Batman heroically dies and in the MCU Iron Man does the same thing. (Bruce/Tony and Clark/Steve as the main heroes also mirrored between the two franchises.)

Snyder had planned out his five film arc between MoS and BvS approximately 2014.

Anyway, that's a lot of similarity if you ask me!
#releasethesnydercut

I just wanted to see how a live action justice league cartoon would look like. Complete with watch tower and darkseid invasion , people act like DC cant pull it off , they have been doing it in animation for years they just need to adapt that properly no need for this deep dive in to batman superman psych, just give us a kick ass action movie with a little edge no need for the forced comedy that marvel throws around.

But it's all over now with now superman and a new batman it's a wash at this point.

I cant believe thor is getting 4 solo movies and we can only get 1 solo superman movie is he really that difficult of a character to write for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just wanted to see how a live action justice league cartoon would look like. Complete with watch tower and darkseid invasion , people act like DC cant pull it off , they have been doing it in animation for years they just need to adapt that properly no need for this deep dive in to batman superman psych, just give us a kick ass action movie with a little edge no need for the forced comedy that marvel throws around.

But it's all over now with now superman and a new batman it's a wash at this point.

I cant believe thor is getting 4 solo movies and we can only get 1 solo superman movie is he really that difficult of a character to write for?

Given that he's only had about two good films since 1978 it would appear so.

Unfortunately, no. I didn't collect them..
U meant these ones?
abeed47193bd7b02358f1cc3e758a881.jpg

Yeah. I also have the rest of the JL Hot Toys figures and have been wondering of using that Cyborg Statue as a stand in.

Informing critics and audiences this was meant to be part 1 of a 5 part saga wouldn't have changed the reception. If people aren't enjoying something now, telling them "Yeah, but in 4 movies the payoff will be worth it!" isn't gonna sway them.

Do what do we have to look forward to in the future another batman movie , aquaman , wonder woman , birds of prey .

They should be building to a massive climatic battle with darkseid invasion. But no we are back to the individual movies. Which is fine but you need to have that massive team movie to really showcase the brand.

They tried that. BVS was their first big team up that showed off the brand and a bunch of people didn't like it. Just having these characters together for the hell of it doesn't really mean anything if the actual films themselves don't cut it.

That's true but surely they can build to it, because they can at least stretch out the life span of these characters instead of the typical 3 movie cycle . Marvel was able to leverage their characters in their own movies and in addition with in their team up movies.

Now for example with the 3 main properties they are working on WW , batman and Aquaman what can we expect 3 movies for batman , one more for WW and two more for aquaman with any crossover that's it.

I am not in agreement with what these studios do if a movie does not work they simply reboot it were the actual issue is with the story and script . If they reboot it without learning their lesson what's the point.

DC films victim of audience tastes created by the Marvel movies popularity and handling of the characters. Snyder went a different route and audiences(and critics) just didn't like it. So what, love the DCEU films- MOS and BvS were fantastic- JL stumbled because of studio interference of the upmost stupidity.

That's true but surely they can build to it, because they can at least stretch out the life span of these characters instead of the typical 3 movie cycle . Marvel was able to leverage their characters in their own movies and in addition with in their team up movies.

Now for example with the 3 main properties they are working on WW , batman and Aquaman what can we expect 3 movies for batman , one more for WW and two more for aquaman with any crossover that's it.

I am not in agreement with what these studios do if a movie does not work they simply reboot it were the actual issue is with the story and script . If they reboot it without learning their lesson what's the point.

Agreed- damage control on full panic- like pulling Snyder off JL and rebooting almost everything they have done re Batman and Superman because it wasn't greeted like a MCU film

Agreed- damage control on full panic- like pulling Snyder off JL and rebooting almost everything they have done re Batman and Superman because it wasn't greeted like a MCU film

Also, I don't know a single person that believes Ben Affleck dropped out of directing and starring in The Batman because he "just couldn't crack the script." Industry insiders that read it said it was amazing. Following the reaction to BvS Geoff "fun, hope, and optimism" Johns attached himself as co-writer to The Batman and it was then that we started to see Ben Affleck commenting that they were struggling with the script. This was another overreaction to the critical reception to BvS. They had the best Batman we had ever seen. Who also happened to be director on a roll after The Town. And they ****ed it up. Unbelievable. What a ship of fools.

At this point the reasons behind Ben's departure seem pretty obvious. The guy was battling his personal demons (his alcohol addiction and his divorce) and the two films he'd starred in as Batman (three if you count Suicide Squad) didn't get the reception anyone was hoping for or expecting. Add to it that he's talked before about how much it hurt back when Daredevil got slammed, and it seems pretty obvious he'd probably take this hard as well (even if the reviews for BVS generally praised him even when bashing the film itself). It doesn't take a crystal ball to see why he bailed.

It's odd Hot Toys chose not to make Cyborg. Apparently, the Asian market is full of robot figures, they seem to love robots (the only reason the Transformers franchise is still alive is the Asian market). Maybe it would be too costly for a new body, maybe Howard hates Cyborg. Still, he is the only one from the film I would buy. It is very odd.

He's probably the least popular member of the core Justice League, and the movie didn't really do him any favors (especially with a design many made fun of for being an eyesore). I can totally see why they'd pass.

Back