Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably has to do with the emotive factor. In the comics, his brows and eye shape can change. That's not so easy for an on screen look. But it looked cool on Armored Batman. Also actors like to have their face shown.

Can they just CGI that white eye look nowadays? deadpool and spidey can pull it off. batman should be able too.

Unfortunately, judging by the prototypes everything about this figure is inaccurate. Looks nothing like Ben Affleck and that cowl is totally wrong

Agreed. I’m hoping they update the sculpt and cowl but not holding my breath. Ridiculous since they did such an excellent job with his last two figures.

How the sculpt is not looking as Affleck? It’s superb. Maybe a bit younger than it should, but it’s him. You don’t look at it thinking “who is this guy” or “it’s maybe this other actor”. Just no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the difference between BVS batman suit and JL batman suit? Did this figure bulk up more?

Bruce Wayne sculpt is fine but I don’t see any likeness with the cowl heafsculpt. Not only that, but even the cowl isn’t accurate

What's the difference between BVS batman suit and JL batman suit? Did this figure bulk up more?

It’s different in many ways. Look on the pictures. Anybody can see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the chances hot toys actually fixed the chest logo and cowl sculpt on this guy? It’s the only thing keeping me from ordering this.

Well its due to come out in a couple months so I'd say there's a pretty good chance that they will.

Is it really? Or do you mean tactical suit batman? Would be kinda cool for both of these to drop around the same time.

He must mean tactical suit. JL Batman & WW are due Oct-Dec 2018. Supes in January 2019. But I hope they can pull him forward, he's pretty bare bones except for the laser eye headsculpt.

He must mean tactical suit. JL Batman & WW are due Oct-Dec 2018. Supes in January 2019. But I hope they can pull him forward, he's pretty bare bones except for the laser eye headsculpt.

WW appears to have been bumped up if the early arrival emails from Sideshow are true. Pretty sure this Batman isn't due until the end of the year though.

I'd be surprised if Superman doesn't release sometime this year despite the current 2019 estimate. I hope so anyway, as you say it's little more than a repaint. Having sold my BvS Supes I don't have a Cavill right now.

WW appears to have been bumped up if the early arrival emails from Sideshow are true. Pretty sure this Batman isn't due until the end of the year though.

I'd be surprised if Superman doesn't release sometime this year despite the current 2019 estimate. I hope so anyway, as you say it's little more than a repaint. Having sold my BvS Supes I don't have a Cavill right now.

Yep, I managed to get a BvS Batman (thank the Lord !! :lol), and am also waiting on Ver#2.0 WW and Supes to have the trifecta.

Going to look awesome !

Well yeah this guy is coming out in a few months, October-December is still a few months away, just not that close.

It's not too different. Mostly looks a bit slimmer than BvS. The cowl and neck is different and less bulky. The JL body suit has some lines and patterns going on. The Bat symbol on the chest is also less pronounced.

Do you guys think they will improve the cowl on this or no?

At this point, who knows? I hope they fix the cowl and the logo on the chest (being that the wings are in a straight line, rather than angled upwards like the BvS chest logo is), but whether they have made any efforts to correct these things have yet to be seen. They’re the only things issues I have with this figure that’s keeping me from ordering one. BvS regular had a god awful prototype and turned out amazing so hopefully the same goes with this one.

Nothing shown at any of the big summer cons either.

Let's hope they show more at one of the cons closer to year end. I'm pretty sure there is a big Chinese one in Shanghai or Beijing towards the end of the year. With the Aquaman movie releasing then no doubt HT will show a bit of DC love and use that to remind/show collectors the final JL figures as well.

Back