Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a person who owns the batman vs superman batman, is this really worth a purchase? I'm still on the fence about it, is it really that different to warrant buying it?

I think it depends on your collection. I bought all the League so this Batman was a must for me. Or maybe you're just a batman or batfleck collector. In my opinion though I think it's worth having both. They are 2 completely different figures. And it will probably be the last batfleck we ever get from Hot Toys.

As a person who owns the batman vs superman batman, is this really worth a purchase? I'm still on the fence about it, is it really that different to warrant buying it?

This is obviously a matter of personal taste. But I'll weigh in with mine. I like BvS Batman better hands down. With chest mod and custom cape. I'm still glad I got the JL standard suit Batman, though, because his base and parademon blaster are outstanding with the JL Tactical Suit Batman. And standard suit JL Batman does look great with Unreal Customs double-sided custom cape. But for sheer intimidation and shelf presence, imho BvS Batman (and JL Tac Suit Bats) take the cake.

Here he is in one of my sh**ty photos with said cape. That cape is a great match with the cowl and suit:

IMG_0146.jpg

And if you have Tac suit Batman:

IMG_0149.jpg

This is obviously a matter of personal taste. But I'll weigh in with mine. I like BvS Batman better hands down. With chest mod and custom cape. I'm still glad I got the JL standard suit Batman, though, because his base and parademon blaster are outstanding with the JL Tactical Suit Batman. And standard suit JL Batman does look great with Unreal Customs double-sided custom cape. But for sheer intimidation and shelf presence, imho BvS Batman (and JL Tac Suit Bats) take the cake.

Here he is in one of my sh**ty photos with said cape. That cape is a great match with the cowl and suit:

View attachment 478260

And if you have Tac suit Batman:

View attachment 478261

Yes I have all 3 as well, and wanted to sell one. But am still not sure which one. BvS was my favourite. Also have a custom cape for him.

I do love the size and look of Tech Batman too. In addition he was in that tech gear most of the movie too.

Standard JL Bats looks good, but a little "plain Jane" somehow. At the moment I am potentially thinking to sell the JL version. Dunno, am still in two minds.

Can anyone answer if the only difference between the standard version and deluxe is the parademon stand? Or are the wrist display and parademon gun also exclusive to the deluxe? Ta

Can anyone answer if the only difference between the standard version and deluxe is the parademon stand? Or are the wrist display and parademon gun also exclusive to the deluxe? Ta

The base was the only difference. Standard version has the gun and forearm screen

How bad is the stock cape?

Not feeling like paying almost half of what the actual figure cost for a custom one. Bit crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bad is the stock cape?

Not feeling like paying almost half of what the actual figure cost for a custom one. Bit crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not, pretty good actually. Very good weight and drape. The best stock Batman cape thus far.

Finally bought this at BBTS had to get the exclusive as That's the only one available. I had to get it now after the Snyder cut was officially announced plus this figure was my most wanted for a while.

Finally bought this at BBTS had to get the exclusive as That's the only one available. I had to get it now after the Snyder cut was officially announced plus this figure was my most wanted for a while.

Hope you dig it as much as I do. For me, all it took was opening the box to see how superior this version is to all the other HT’s Batmen (including the Bale, Keaton & Arkham versions). Aside from the superior looks, it also articulates very well. Before receiving this Batman, my favorites were Knightmare & JL Tactical but this figure renewed my love for the more simple and streamlined look while improving on all the minor issues with the BvS & SS versions.

Hope you dig it as much as I do. For me, all it took was opening the box to see how superior this version is to all the other HT?s Batmen (including the Bale, Keaton & Arkham versions). Aside from the superior looks, it also articulates very well. Before receiving this Batman, my favorites were Knightmare & JL Tactical but this figure renewed my love for the more simple and streamlined look while improving on all the minor issues with the BvS & SS versions.
That's one of the huge reasons why I wanted it. I saw a bunch of reviews of it and how well it's articulated, not only that but I also bought an Original AK Batman from someone on the sale forum for OSR. So now I'm getting two of my most wanted Batman figures. I'm definitley going to have fun posing JL Bats might want to complete the entire league after him.

That's one of the huge reasons why I wanted it. I saw a bunch of reviews of it and how well it's articulated, not only that but I also bought an Original AK Batman from someone on the sale forum for OSR. So now I'm getting two of my most wanted Batman figures. I'm definitley going to have fun posing JL Bats might want to complete the entire league after him.

Uh-oh; you?re already thinking of completing the JL line? You might as well just start ordering then because it?s one of HT?s best, non-Marvel lines so far. Flash is an absolute must and he poses great (I?ve had him in the 2-finger starting pose) and Supes colors are beautiful with their best Cavill headsculpt to date In my opinion. I have both JL and solo Aquaman and while both are kinda the bottom of this line and are not dynamic, the solo Aquaman looks fantastic mixed with the rest of the league but the JL Aquaman can pose marginally better. Seriously, all the JL figures are surprisingly great (I thought they wouldn?t do such a great job on this line because of lack of popularity) with only the Mamoa figures being bad for posing and faces, according to a few, being a bit too soft but otherwise look really good in a standing position.

My JL figure rating (overall):
1. Batman
2. Flash
3. Batman Tactical
4. WW
5. Superman (only reason so low is it?s a bare figure and the light up headsculpt doesn?t do much for it but looks good on BvS)
6. Aquaman
7. Cyborg :mad:

Who selling you 170 dollar capes?

Most likely Tony Mei as his capes are notoriously way overpriced since he claims he's taken exact measurements from actual prop capes. Not sure how true that is as I don't know the guy, just what I've heard/seen when I used to follow him on social media.

I've had his capes before, nothing special IMO. I paid over $100 for his MoS drape cape thinking it would really be something special and it was literally just a piece of fabric I could've cut myself. No sewing involved, just fabric tape with the pleats barely holding on. I'd rather go with Jaxon or Unreal Customs. More affordable and more accurate (especially Unreal's BvS Superman capes).

Last edited:
I've owned a few Unreal capes and although they are nice, they are def. not worth $100 / each. Given the long lead time, I assume he contracts the work out to a local factory or sewing shop. I think some customers with sewing skills here in the US could do the same work, if not better, and market at a lower cost. Unfortunately, there are not many options out there so you have no choice but to go with him, for now at least.

Back