Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DCEU related tangents to kill the time are forgivable.

I'll just say again that while many of HT's prototype photos for this figure's cowl are downright bad (emphasizing--or perhaps exaggerating?--an egg shaped look), nevertheless when I watched the video I linked a page or two back for the 1/4 Prime One statue of JL's standard Batman I was surprised by how much I liked the look of the cowl. I might actually like it better in some ways than the BvS cowl which I never thought I would say... And it looks like Prime One nailed the BvS standard Batsuit, because the video compares both side by side at the end. So seeing what the JL Bat cowl looks like in three dimensions from a company that makes faithful reproductions inspires hope that this HT figure might even look truly amazing.

It's interesting that despite the DCEU not being as popular as MCU, which is even more the case in Asia where HT is based... it's almost like the HT artists working on the DCEU figures have doted on them. Like whatever one may feel about the films, the actors cinematography, and costumes are just amazing to behold. And the HT artists seem to get that.

That's true, nearly all the DCEU figures have been spectacular. The Leto Jokers were great sculpts despite his lack of popularity. The first Harley Quinn is arguably the best female sculpt they've ever done.

The weak points have been the crappy rooted hair used on Wonder Woman and the Mamoa sculpt. I've sold my Wonder Woman now in the hope that HT finally go with sculpted hair for her WW84 figure.

That's true, nearly all the DCEU figures have been spectacular. The Leto Jokers were great sculpts despite his lack of popularity. The first Harley Quinn is arguably the best female sculpt they've ever done.

The weak points have been the crappy rooted hair used on Wonder Woman and the Mamoa sculpt. I've sold my Wonder Woman now in the hope that HT finally go with sculpted hair for her WW84 figure.

The leto sculpts were insanely good. I ended up selling off my Tuxedo and PC simply because I don't want multiple versions of the same character. Kept the AA version as it's my favourite, probably one of the most underrated gems HT has put out. In fact the Suicide Squad line is actually one of the best lines they've done. But everyone is right. Hot Toys may not pump out DC, but they do put them out with intense quality. I also just think the DC art, and film clothing just lends itself extremely well to these figures. I guess it helps they're mostly really and practical, instead of CGI like a few of Marvels.

I actually really like WW's rooted hair. If it's not futzed too much from how it comes but styled just a little bit it looks great. But compare it to figures like Black Widow and it's leaps and bounds better.

I actually really like WW's rooted hair. If it's not futzed too much from how it comes but styled just a little bit it looks great. But compare it to figures like Black Widow and it's leaps and bounds better.

That's not saying much though. Doesn't look much like Gal's hair to me and the recent Sideshow Wonder Woman reveal with sculpted hair looks much better to me anyway.

6fIYIG7.jpg

Yes, I found that WW's hair needed some work, but it can look good.

WONDER-WOMAN-011.jpg

It could be interesting to see HT produce a Gal version with sculpted long hair, but I fear it would end up looking like a frozen tangled mess and have that strange "floating" look that so many of the figures featuring sculpted long hair have (check out the upcoming SW Qui-Gon for an extreme example) - it never rests on the figure's shoulders naturally except maybe in one position.

As for the JL Batman...I just had a look again at my HT Batman collection and while the outfit is extremely close to the BvS one, there's enough difference and that portrait is a real selling point. I really like Affleck in the Bat gear. The BvS one...

BATMAN-004.jpg

The Knightmare Batman is one of my desert island figures - a must-keep.

KN-BATMAN-001.jpg

That's it. I'm in. Here's hoping we see some new images of the production figure of the JL version soon (which of course will undoubtedly send us all into a tizzy because they'll make the figure look as crappy as possible....)

Let's keep the back-n-forth going as we await the last bat-entry in the HT Synderverse...

Is anyone getting emails regarding there August 15th 2019 threshold for Flexpay? A good marker to this cycling In for final payment is an email notification. From sideshow either saying it’s been delayed or is about to go thru!
No email here, but on my order page it does show September 15 as my final payment.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It could be interesting to see HT produce a Gal version with sculpted long hair, but I fear it would end up looking like a frozen tangled mess and have that strange "floating" look that so many of the figures featuring sculpted long hair have (check out the upcoming SW Qui-Gon for an extreme example) - it never rests on the figure's shoulders naturally except maybe in one position.

That’s my concern as well with sculpted long hair. Unless you have the figure looking straight ahead, it doesn’t look natural. Even sometimes when you have it looking straight ahead, it still doesn’t look natural because the hair has that floating effect like you said. The AoU Thor sculpt is another one that comes to mind for me that has this issue as well. On TDW Thor sculpt though, it’s actually fine.

View attachment 463922
View attachment 463923

The Knightmare Batman is one of my desert island figures - a must-keep.

View attachment 463924

Let's keep the back-n-forth going as we await the last bat-entry in the HT Synderverse...

Given all the controversy with WB, peoples thought on the movie and potentially 2 of the 3 core Justice League members now out. I look back at the train wreck that is WB/DC Universe, and think to myself these current versions of the characters will be the best I could have wished for.

I loved the movies (other than JL, and still passionately want the Snyder Cut). But to have Hot Toys figures of them all eventually is all I really need.

Somehow also helps with closure.

I have figures from the three DCEU film I really liked (MoS, BvS, WW), so I’m good. I liked Aquaman as well, but I don’t really have the urge to get a stand alone Aquaman figure at the moment.

I have figures from the three DCEU film I really liked (MoS, BvS, WW), so I’m good. I liked Aquaman as well, but I don’t really have the urge to get a stand alone Aquaman figure at the moment.

Exactly my feelings too. However I'm waiting for JL Supes. This guy will be released in 2019. However I guess there is a possibility that by the time normal orders are being sent out it could be 2020.

I did hear that due to the unrest in Hong Kong with protests etc it could be that HT are delaying deliveries to Secret base. The way those high value boxes are simply loaded out onto the street is pretty risky. Imagine they got damaged/stolen. If I was Howard I'd be being very cautious too.

Not saying this is why JL Batman is delayed, but any figures at the moment.

Already been two years since this figure showed up at comic con........the Marvel figures are released much faster !!!!!!!!!

Yes that is true.

Now i think this won't show up until 2020 which is just sad.

It’s honestly “mind bottling” that so many people are speculating that this and the JL Supes will not release in 2019. If people just check to see how the usual HT release schedule works over the last few years, regardless of license, they should see how that it’s usually been around late Q1-early Q2 that there is a lull in the number of released figures mainly due to factories shutting down for Lunar (Chinese) New Years. With HT’s averaging almost 1.25 figures per week (~65 per year) with 6-7 weeks after LNY not receiving a single release, it’s logical to assume that (like years past) releases will come fast and hard during Q3-Q4. If I had not already put in a substantial wager on this site, I’d bet the farm that they will both be released before 2020.

Exactly my feelings too. However I'm waiting for JL Supes. This guy will be released in 2019. However I guess there is a possibility that by the time normal orders are being sent out it could be 2020.

I did hear that due to the unrest in Hong Kong with protests etc it could be that HT are delaying deliveries to Secret base. The way those high value boxes are simply loaded out onto the street is pretty risky. Imagine they got damaged/stolen. If I was Howard I'd be being very cautious too.

Not saying this is why JL Batman is delayed, but any figures at the moment.

Great point and the only explanation that makes any sense that these could slip into 2020 stateside releases.

HK unrests are a thing for about a few months at max. JL figs were delayed several times long before that.

Not sure the delay can be put down to the unrest. HT are still releasing figures, just not DC ones for a while.

Back