Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would help if Superman was written with any kind of charm or personality and was actually a likable character. There was none that in MOS or BvS, and the little that there was in JL was forced, and didn't feel natural at all. When they reboot that's something they really need to focus on, and find an actor who can pull it off with ease. I'm not sure Cavill was ever that guy.

It's true. A major factor in the success of these films is whether or not the audience gets invested in the characters, which is something Marvel has done really well, as well as DC's work in certain films as well. Even with a weak script, Aquaman worked because Jason Momoa brought a lot of charm and fun to the role.

Snyder never wanted a connected universe like MCU. He had an arc that would play out in 5 movies.. then WB can hire whoever they want to do spin offs for those character...
WB had no balls to continue what they greenlit Snyder to start..

If Snyder were to be given the full mandate.. the movies would be crazy selling ****..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I agree about Cap, but I also think part of that has to do with him belonging to an overall more cohesive universe and how the character fit into it, and interacted with the other characters in it. When TFA was released, Evans’s portrayal was lukewarm if I recall correctly, and the film was seen as average. Much of DCEU’s early installments all outdid the MCU’s at the box office. MCU was able to perfectly pull everything together though which became evident in the first Avengers film, whereas the DCEU, wasn’t, because they hastily tried to cobble a working universe together without really knowing what exactly it was they wanted to do.

I think we’re essentially saying the same thing, because I’m also asserting that the tone of the characters isn’t the issue. It’s WB having their collective heads up their asses.

Personally, if it were me and everything was already planned, my personally DCEU movie slate would have looked something like this:

Phase One:

MoS (Villain: Zod)
BvS (Villains: Luthor, Doomsday)
WW (Villain: Ares)
Aquaman (Villain: Orm)
Justice League (Villain: Orm/Ocean Master

Phase Two:

MoS 2 (Villain: Brainiac)
Flash
SS
Batman (Villain: Deathstroke?)
WW 2
Justice League 2 (JL Dark)
Aquaman 2

Something along those lines. I think it would have been a bit cooler to have Aquaman join the JL after he was already anointed King of Atlantis, and with the way Orm left in Aquaman, have him come back as Ocean Master in JL, which is also the film where Superman gets resurrected, then immediately comes back for MoS 2 in the first film in Phase Two given how he essentially came full circle as a character at the end of JL.

Snyder never wanted a connected universe like MCU. He had an arc that would play out in 5 movies.. then WB can hire whoever they want to do spin offs for those character...
WB had no balls to continue what they greenlit Snyder to start..

If Snyder were to be given the full mandate.. the movies would be crazy selling ****..

Yep I agree with you all here. The movies were good. Box office was good. Just WB did not have the balls to pull through and stick to the plan. I like your plan Silverstar.

A cohesive group takes time to build and win movie goer hearts. It doesn't happen over night, or in one movie. WB just wanted instant success. Such FWits.

Now look where we are WB ! Great move.

Why, because he had Superman kill Zod ? I think Mr Goody two shoes boyscout Superman was for a certain time (like the 50's). This is a more modern take for a more modern time. But that's just my opinion.

No, nothing to do with killing Zod. That never bothered me.

Some people don't like Superman and that's cool, there are plenty of other characters out there without turning Supes into something he isn't.

As I said you can have dark and adult themed stories without making the character himself so miserable. Superman should always be charming, a point of optimism and a contrast to Batman.

Wonder Woman was all of those things in her solo movie and audiences loved her.

Yep I agree with you all here. The movies were good. Box office was good. Just WB did not have the balls to pull through and stick to the plan. I like your plan Silverstar.

A cohesive group takes time to build and win movie goer hearts. It doesn't happen over night, or in one movie. WB just wanted instant success. Such FWits.

Now look where we are WB ! Great move.
[emoji120][emoji120]

Again, the box office talk ignores those big drops BVS suffered week 2. Clearly there was something that didn't click with people the way things were intended, especially given that you had a massive opening weekend, showing people were initially excited before actually seeing it.

Some people don't like Superman and that's cool, there are plenty of other characters out there without turning Supes into something he isn't.

As I said you can have dark and adult themed stories without making the character himself so miserable. Superman should always be charming, a point of optimism and a contrast to Batman.

Bingo. I would also cite Logan as a movie that deals with weighty things and a bleak tone, but people were still able to like and invest in the characters, even with Logan himself at his lowest point.

Exactly. When Nolan and Goyer signed on most people were of course excited to have those two on board after the success they had with The Dark Knight trilogy, but there was also some trepidation with people hoping they weren't going to make Superman too dark like Batman. Well, that's exactly what they did, and Snyder was of course more then willing to go along with that approach. Superman was way too somber and brooding in those movies. Like you said, you can have a serious story with darker themes, and dark villains, but Superman should remain on the lighter end of the spectrum. Doesn't have to be the goody two shoes boy scout, but it should be a hell of a lot lighter then what we saw in MOS and BvS.

Everything from HT is "coming soon". So i guess we will see this released maybe at the end of the year. With a luck.

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out...will it be yet another Batfleck home run from HT?

The cowl still worries me. So much so I bought the Tactical version just in case.

However I'm also interested in how the headsculpt turns out. I really hope HT doesn't do a half a$$ed job considering the situation now with Affleck. Although you would assume it was probably done some time ago ??

Guys can we keep this post about the actual figure?

I know right? It's ruining the conversation about the in-hands pics of the released figur... oh wait it's not out yet and there's literally nothing to talk about the proto pics that have been out for 2 years. This thread would be dead otherwise. Bury it.

I know right? It's ruining the conversation about the in-hands pics of the released figur... oh wait it's not out yet and there's literally nothing to talk about the proto pics that have been out for 2 years. This thread would be dead otherwise. Bury it.

:goodpost:

The cowl still worries me. So much so I bought the Tactical version just in case.

However I'm also interested in how the head sculpt turns out. I really hope HT doesn't do a half a$$ed job considering the situation now with Affleck. Although you would assume it was probably done some time ago ??

I don't think HT will spare the effort here. So far, the movie DC figures have been stellar...the Snyder film-inspired ones especially. The JL line has fared very well.
The Tactical Suit Batman is amazing and the swap-out eyes and face plates reall sell the Batfleck.

I want to believe that they'll finish off the JL Batman and Superman at a high level of quality. While Marvel is the king at HT,they haven't skimped on the DC figures they've PO'd (even if they seem to take forever to get produced).

I have the tactical version of Batman, The Flash and I have Aquaman on order. Missed ordering Superman and I'm still undecided on this one...although because of how much I enjoy the other Affleck Bat figures, I'll likely get this one too.

I’m sure people can get creative and make some dumb sheeeat up lol

Back