Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben Affleck also said he'd crawl around like an ape, or something along those lines to be in a Matt Reeves film. These people say things all the time when they know it's not the truth. It's a safe bet Matt Reeves Batman will be a total reboot with no connection to the DCEU.

It could well be. But I find it very curious that Reeves has set this film in the 90s and is seeking an actor in his 20s. This actually does match Ben Affleck's age. So it may well be a prequel to the Batfleck character.

If they were entirely rebooting the character woudn't it make more sense to have him approximately same age as Gadot and Mamoa? (I'd like to add Cavill to that--same age if he stays.) That would put the actor at age 36 in the present. He would then be born in approximately 1983 which makes him a child during the 90s. But instead Reeves has him in his 20s during the 90s.

Affleck was b. 1972

1972 + 20 = 1992
1972 + 27 = 1999

A prequel Batfleck would be age 20-27 during the 90s.

Just sayin'!

It could well be. But I find it very curious that Reeves has set this film in the 90s and is seeking an actor in his 20s. This actually does match Ben Affleck's age. So it may well be a prequel to the Batfleck character.

If they were entirely rebooting the character woudn't it make more sense to have him approximately same age as Gadot and Mamoa? (I'd like to add Cavill to that--same age if he stays.) That would put the actor at age 36 in the present. He would then be born in approximately 1983 which makes him a child during the 90s. But instead Reeves has him in his 20s during the 90s.

Affleck was b. 1972

1972 + 20 = 1992
1972 + 27 = 1999

A prequel Batfleck would be age 20-27 during the 90s.

Just sayin'!

That’s pretty interesting!
Isn’t Phoenix Joker set in the 80’s??
If they were going to try and make a pre Affleck then they should get Jordan Masterson from last man standing. He looks like a young Ben and he’s like 32-33 with a baby face.

That’s pretty interesting!
Isn’t Phoenix Joker set in the 80’s??
If they were going to try and make a pre Affleck then they should get Jordan Masterson from last man standing. He looks like a young Ben and he’s like 32-33 with a baby face.

Phoenix's Joker being taking place during the 80s unfortunately makes him too old to sync up with both the present continuity or the Reeves trilogy. In the current continuity... at least as we know it thus far... but Shazam clearly references events in MoS and BvS, so presumably it's still intact... it is 2019 and the characters are basically their actors' real ages. Joker being in his mid 40s during the 1980s puts his current age at mid 70s to mid 80s. But Phoenix has always said he just wants to do this once and be done anyway.

Joker movie is standalone and has nothing to do with the rest of DCU.

Some have speculated that if the Joker film is a big hit whether Phoenix might be persuaded to reprise the role. I think the age thing makes it certain that isn't really even feasible to begin with.

Some articles hinted that Phoenix might be what inspires the “real”!joker. I forgot they cast a young Bruce Wayne for the film.

t39675l.jpg

I am really curious what hot toys are going to do with themselves after avengers and star wars ends this year , yeah they will be making figures in to next year but if all the upcoming movies are solo films and not team ups does that mean they will make less figures or film they finally branch out and make other licenses or maybe even obsource characters.

I mean GoG gets the full treatment including yandu, but Suicide Squad let's 3 version of joker 3 versions of harley and dead shot none of the other members are made. They even canceled the silver jacket joker and his 2 hence men.

Mean while aquaman get 1 figure what a waste as if we would say no to ocean master or black manta

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am really curious what hot toys are going to do with themselves after avengers and star wars ends this year , yeah they will be making figures in to next year but if all the upcoming movies are solo films and not team ups does that mean they will make less figures or film they finally branch out and make other licenses or maybe even obsource characters.

I mean GoG gets the full treatment including yandu, but Suicide Squad let's 3 version of joker 3 versions of harley and dead shot none of the other members are made. They even canceled the silver jacket joker and his 2 hence men.

Mean while aquaman get 1 figure what a waste as if we would say no to ocean master or black manta

And as much as I hate Amber Heard, I’d have absolutely bought a Mera too!

To be fair they did finally release two DC figures last week!

I would say Flash and Aquaman will release before this figure but then Deathstroke came from nowhere so who knows.

They still have time to catch up on DC right? :lol

They got some Marvel flicks coming up like "Spider-man:Far from Home" and "Guardians of the Galaxy vol.3" (which is rumored to feature fan-fave Adam Warlock). As well the "Eternals" and the rumored "Black Widow" movie (plus what else? Maybe Black Panther 2. I think you might even see them make new figures from the Marvel/Disney+ TV shows like Falcon/Winter Soldier and WandaVision... yes, it's a lot of solo stuff, but it's enough to keep them busy. Plus the additional character or two that might show up in those movies (War Machine perhaps?)

Like someone said before - I'm sure they'll still be doing Iron Man figures! They haven't done all the suits yet!

And Star Wars...they still have lots of the OT and PT and the New Trilogy stuff to do. Including "The Mandalorian" TV show.

Hot Toys has plenty to keep themselves busy. If DC movies keep going on an upward trend...I'm sure they'll inclined to release more!

Back