Hot Toys Joker Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony3425

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up joker(TDK version), and from what I've seen, I have three options. Bank Robber, Joker 2.0, dx 01(cop version). And from what I've seen, Joker 2.0 is most expensive, dx 01 is not far behind, and the bank robber version is least expensive coming in around $200. Is this about right? Am I missing any? If I get the bank robber version, is it feasible to find the classic joker outfit? Thank you for any and all help in advance!

Here are your options, you missed only a couple (the v1 Ledger, the second Bank Robber, etc.)

- MMS 68 The Joker v1 (2008)

mms68-thumb-220x162.jpg

- MMS 79 The Joker Bank Robber v1 (2009)

mms79-thumb-220x162.jpg

- DX 01 The Joker w/ Cop Disguise (2009)

dx01-thumb-220x162.jpg

- DX 11 Joker 2.0 (2012)

dx11-thumb-220x162.jpg

- Bank Robber Joker 2.0 MMS 68 Toy Fairs exclusive (2014)

mms249-thumb-220x162.jpg

-DX 08 The Joker (1989 version) (2012)

dx08-thumb-220x162.jpg

-DX 14 The Joker (Mime Version) (2013)

dx14-thumb-220x162.jpg

Last edited:
Here are your options, you missed only a couple.

- MMS 68 The Joker v1 (2008)
- MMS 79 The Joker Bank Robber v1 (2009)

- DX 02 The Joker w/ Cop Disguise (2009)

- DX 11 Joker 2.0 (2012)
- Bank Robber Joker 2.0 MMS 68 Toy Fairs exclusive (2014)

Brilliant. At least I now have a place to start. Thank you for this. It's very much appreciated.

I just got a dx11, took me forever to get a fair price. I know the task ahead if you're trying to get a legit joker, I don't envy you.

I just got a dx11, took me forever to get a fair price. I know the task ahead if you're trying to get a legit joker, I don't envy you.

What do you mean "legit". Are people trying to sell pieced together ones as legit, or do you just mean a "legit" price. Any tips would be appreciated.

What do you mean "legit". Are people trying to sell pieced together ones as legit, or do you just mean a "legit" price. Any tips would be appreciated.

There's a bootleg DX11 clown outfit. You could conceivably use that with a Joker headsculpt (perhaps one of the extras that comes with the Bank Robber).

Whatever you do, don't get MMS68 (the v1 Ledger Joker). That one's garbage.

There's a bootleg DX11 clown outfit. You could conceivably use that with a Joker headsculpt (perhaps one of the extras that comes with the Bank Robber).

Whatever you do, don't get MMS68 (the v1 Ledger Joker). That one's garbage.

Appreciate the heads up. Was looking at some of the pics, and the head sculpt looks awful. Is that the only thing that's wrong with it? Could I buy that figure(if I find a decent price) and purchase a better looking headsculpt? Thanks again

I was just referring to any kind of high quality joker worth owning imo. Whether you buy a complete figure or try and piece one together on eBay, you're looking at spening a lot of money and time. Trust me I know I gave up trying to kitbash one because no one's giving up the clothes. I was very thankful to a member on here who sold me a full dx11. I was extremely lucky.

Was looking at some of the pics, and the head sculpt looks awful. Is that the only thing that's wrong with it? Could I buy that figure(if I find a decent price) and purchase a better looking headsculpt?

No, that's not the only thing wrong with it. There's a lot - the most obvious is the overcoat, which is the wrong color, the wrong shape, doesn't fit, and looks like a toy. I think the tie is another thing that a lot of people disliked. All of the other clothing is inferior in quality relative to later iterations. There are also very few accessories. It's really not much better than the Sideshow Joker.

MMS68 was one of the last figures released before Hot Toys really stepped up their game to its current level - many believe the "modern-day Hot Toys" began with the release of the first Bank Robber Joker, where their figures looked exactly like miniature versions of the characters (rather than pretty-close approximations). Before this, they were equal to or better than their competitors, but nothing compared to what they've become in the last five years.

So trust me, you don't want to get MMS68. It's a waste of money and will only lead to regret. If you want a quality Joker, like DX01, DX11, or one of the Bank Robbers, then you're going to be spending a lot of money - so you should begin to accept that, if this is what you want. An MMS68 will be almost as much money and so much worse.

I'd go with the DX11 if I were you if you're looking for a standard Dark Knight Joker in his most iconic look. The coat and sculpts are great, as are the many, many accessories. But the extras from the DX1 are pretty awesome, too. In fact, the DX1 is the one I'm missing from my collection, and really want that Honor Guard Joker. One of these days I'll get around to it (or Hot Toys will just remake it).

Yeah what Haytil said. I wouldn't recommend the MMS 68 at all these days. I would have if it was a few years ago when it was $100-$120 on the secondary market (granted you bought a Bank Robber head to stick on it), but it's way too expensive now.

IF you could find a way to get the MMS 68 and Bank Robber v1 cheap, I'd say go for the two of them if you're just looking for an average, cheap Joker. While these aren't the best, they're still decent once you get rid of the crappy v1 head. Like I said though, I don't think you'll find them for very cheap now a days.

Bank Robber and MMS V1.jpg

20081104_f0ff72dfba211b4c3d26csizRlKGgFzM.jpg

I have that figure.... other than the head sculpt doesn't resemble Heath Ledger much, I think it's a great figure. Don't see why you would call it garbage.

Bite the bullet and get the DX11 or you're never going to be truly happy.

Here's why:
MM68: Blows, I mean just look at it.

Bank Robber Version 1: Fantastic figure for its day and still holds up well but it isn't the iconic look. (This is the figure that brought me into the hobby btw)

DX01: Good figure but Dx11 is better. Also, the PERS are fragile on this one meaning they tend to break if you mess with them too much. Considering the figures age I wouldn't feel safe.

DX11: The best one hence why it is so sought after and expensive. It was also a expensive figure at the time it was released.

Bank Robber version 2: Expensive figure and again not the iconic look.

I have that figure.... other than the head sculpt doesn't resemble Heath Ledger much, I think it's a great figure. Don't see why you would call it garbage.

When did I say dx11 was garbage? I said I was fortunate enough to get one for a fair price. Dx11 is the only one worth owning in my opinion. Other than the grenade rig coat that you can buy separate.

I had & sold the DX11 & DX08. Don't regret the sale, but miss owning them very much. Both are AMAZING. Good luck with the hunt mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, that's not the only thing wrong with it. There's a lot - the most obvious is the overcoat, which is the wrong color, the wrong shape, doesn't fit, and looks like a toy. I think the tie is another thing that a lot of people disliked. All of the other clothing is inferior in quality relative to later iterations. There are also very few accessories. It's really not much better than the Sideshow Joker.

MMS68 was one of the last figures released before Hot Toys really stepped up their game to its current level - many believe the "modern-day Hot Toys" began with the release of the first Bank Robber Joker, where their figures looked exactly like miniature versions of the characters (rather than pretty-close approximations). Before this, they were equal to or better than their competitors, but nothing compared to what they've become in the last five years.

So trust me, you don't want to get MMS68. It's a waste of money and will only lead to regret. If you want a quality Joker, like DX01, DX11, or one of the Bank Robbers, then you're going to be spending a lot of money - so you should begin to accept that, if this is what you want. An MMS68 will be almost as much money and so much worse.

Great info to know. I will cross this one off as a possible option. Thank you.

Thanks for all of the insight guys. It truly is appreciated. The reasoning I'm considering the Bank Robber version is due to the fact that the Dark Knight was the last movie I had watched with my father before he passed. So this figure would hold a special place in my heart. On the other hand, I also want that iconic Joker look that the dx01, and 11 would offer. I don't mind spending a fair amount for one, but the prices that I am seeing border crazytown. I just recently about three months ago. I now have 2 iron mans, the batman armory, and Deadpool and Hawkeye are on there way. So If I dropped a grand on the dx11, the fiancee wouldn't be thrilled by any means. So I guess I'll just have to decide what is important to me at this time, and hope that a DX11 falls into a reasonable price as I doubt anymore Dark Knight figures will be released going forward.

Back