Hot Toys Jedi Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Icon doesn't mean "first" look... and it doesn't mean "accomplished goal"... and it doesn't mean your favorite look... it means the appearance of the character that everyone generally associates with the character.

At one time it seemed like pretty much everyone thought of Luke dueling Vader on Bespin... therefore, the Bespin fatigues were Luke's most iconic outfit.

For example, on the Fox lot, the side of a sound stage has a massive painting of Luke in Bespin fatigues crossing sabers with Vader. Generally, when they show a single clip of Luke, it is him approaching Vader for their showdown. The "I am your Father" moment is so iconic. The two best films of the OT culminate in that moment. It is the resonating 'shock' that Star Wars makers are still trying to match -- i.e. Han getting killed.

Therefore, I think the Bespin fatigues are his most 'iconic' outfit.

:lol

I do like that TaunTaun sleeping bag speaking of bellies.

But yes, even the DX07 shows you -- HT made their definitively iconic Luke as Bespin. In fact, two Bespins. That's 'dos' for you Hispanics out there.

Aw man, Lucas could have had such poetry with the tauntaun scene if he had Luke delivered via cesarean section. Yet another missed opportunity in the prequels. The little OB/GYN droid could have been all "ah, ugh" when pulling him out instead of that dumb oom baa noise.

Besbin battle is "The Moment" of the OT Trilogy, hands down, so I agree with WG that Besbin Luke is the one. ESB is the best SW Film, without doubt, BUT ANH remains a sentimental favorite SW Film for most fans and is a masterpiece in its own right.

I love them both and hold them at as the gold standard of SW films which will never be surpassed.

Icon doesn't mean "first" look... and it doesn't mean "accomplished goal"... and it doesn't mean your favorite look... it means the appearance of the character that everyone generally associates with the character.

At one time it seemed like pretty much everyone thought of Luke dueling Vader on Bespin... therefore, the Bespin fatigues were Luke's most iconic outfit.

For example, on the Fox lot, the side of a sound stage has a massive painting of Luke in Bespin fatigues crossing sabers with Vader. Generally, when they show a single clip of Luke, it is him approaching Vader for their showdown. The "I am your Father" moment is so iconic. The two best films of the OT culminate in that moment. It is the resonating 'shock' that Star Wars makers are still trying to match -- i.e. Han getting killed.

Therefore, I think the Bespin fatigues are his most 'iconic' outfit.

That's only partly what 'iconic look' means.
It's a memorable unique outfit, generally (but not necessarily) tied to big moments of the story (or event).
Luke's an interesting one because all his OT main outfits are important and people are pretty split. No right answer with him IMO

Jabba's palace and the duel before the Emperor ate my most favorite moments in the OT and even all of Star Wars and Jedi Luke is prominent in both so I have a deep love for Jedi Luke, I was sad when I had to sell my Sideshow figure, and have kept an eye on auctions hoping to get it back for a reasonable price, but this HT has the potential to be everything I could want. Even though Sideshow had a dear in headlights look, that's kind of how I think of Luke in Jedi, he has that look on his face a number of times so the Sideshow figure really spoke to my love for the character and the movie. If nothing else, even if I prefer the Sideshow, this may bring down secondary market prices.

:lol

I do like that TaunTaun sleeping bag speaking of bellies.

But yes, even the DX07 shows you -- HT made their definitively iconic Luke as Bespin. In fact, two Bespins. That's 'dos' for you Hispanics out there.

I don't want to start another row on here, but is that even necessary?
Is that a private joke? Is it meant to be funny?

This site is visited by a global collecting community, people from overseas are reading these posts. Plastic talk, yes. Politics, no. Let's leave the racist overtones out of it. Most people only speak one language as a rule of thumb.

Whilst the snide aside about Hispanics is a casual slight towards another race and ethnic group - Hot Toys products are made by another race and ethnic group and dare I say it, possibly, many non-English speaking sculptors, painters, costume makers, fabricators etc.

If you feel that other races are beneath you and inferior, what are you doing buying Asian HT items?

Oh I know... they're superior to anything you've ever got from anywhere else. The finest figures out there.

Staff from HT might even browse these forums and it's embarrassing to us as a group.
It's certainly embarrassing to me.
I've said my piece. Over and out.

Not sure how that's racist, but I apologize if it offended you.

I would like to know how that is racist actually or "a casual slight towards another race", especially since you have no idea what race I am. You can PM your opinion to me. I'd be very interested. My sentence reads as fact to me -- a joke I do often around here using other languages for emphasis to add importance. You know, like saying "nada, nein" for emphasis on the word "no".

Last edited:

This site is visited by a global collecting community, people from overseas are reading these posts. Plastics talk yes, politics, no. Let's leave the racist overtones out of it. Most people only speak one language as a rule of thumb.

Whilst the snide aside about Hispanics was a casual slight towards another race and ethnic group - Hot Toys products are made by another race and ethnic group and dare I say it, possibly, speakers of a language besides English...
If you feel that other races are beneath you and inferior, what are you doing buying Asian HT items?

Staff from HT might even browse these forums and it's embarrassing to us as a group.

Oh Jeeeezzzzz! Change your username to snowflake!

This site is visited by a global collecting community, people from overseas are reading these posts. Plastic talk, yes. Politics, no. Let's leave the racist overtones out of it. Most people only speak one language as a rule of thumb.

Whilst the snide aside about Hispanics is a casual slight towards another race and ethnic group - Hot Toys products are made by another race and ethnic group and dare I say it, possibly, speakers of a language besides English...

Oh I know... they're superior to anything you've ever got from anywhere else. The finest figures out there.

It's certainly embarrassing to me.

SJW much? That's not even offensive in the slightest. And if Asian manufacturers of hot toys are browsing this forum they are laughing at how touchy stupid American SJWs are and how much money they are willing to throw away for plastic figures that probably cost under 20 dollars to make. They certainly aren't offended by Dos. Get real.

Not sure how that's racist, but I apologize if it offended you.

I would like to know how that is racist actually or "a casual slight towards another race", especially since you have no idea what race I am. You can PM your opinion to me. I'd be very interested. My sentence reads as fact to me -- a joke I do often around here using other languages for emphasis to add importance. You know, like saying "nada, nein" for emphasis on the word "no".

there was nothing what so ever racist with your comment buddy... as one of the veterans of this place, your posts keep it entertaining!

Wow, Wor-Gar. I had no idea. And you used the word nein before too? I'm of German descent so I'm officially, retroactively offended by this.

College students dressed as Stormtroopers, nein!
1261eb38e295df631644f404de068bd8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back