Hot Toys IronMan MK IV (secret project) review and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All batteries corrod eventually. If it where my figure is at least check. Then pull them. Maybe play with it a bit. But that's me.

Damn, didn't want to do that... I'm glad they started to include the batteries in separate packaging...

I want to keep this figure for a long time and not expose it to light or anything, I'd like to keep it in the box until I can get a better setup in a new home...

Guys, I've had this figure since it first came out and kept it MISB. Do I need to open it to remove the batteries or does this one come with the powdered batteries that don't corrode?

Seriously, remove the batteries.

Damn, didn't want to do that... I'm glad they started to include the batteries in separate packaging...

I want to keep this figure for a long time and not expose it to light or anything, I'd like to keep it in the box until I can get a better setup in a new home...

Not expose it to light? Why?

Seriously, remove the batteries.

Thanks for the advice man!! Now I'm hoping not to have any surprises when I open up the battery casing lol...

Not expose it to light? Why?

Just worried about the paint applications, I've had 2 sets of Mark IV's and 2 sets of Mark VI's with fading rubber waists and necks...

Thanks for the advice man!! Now I'm hoping not to have any surprises when I open up the battery casing lol...

Just worried about the paint applications, I've had 2 sets of Mark IV's and 2 sets of Mark VI's with fading rubber waists and necks...

It's not just light that does that. I bought a mk4 misb that had them.

It's not just light that does that. I bought a mk4 misb that had them.

Yeah agreed, I just meant the older HT paint apps were suspect, 2 of my Mark VI's were MISB and kept in a dark room in a closed box and both still changed colors... I'm just trying to be careful with them at the end of the day since they cost a nice coin...

I sold off my entire collection, including a Mark V and Mark III BD... I only have the mark 4 stealth and the war machine Mk1 left... I did just buy the WM MK 2 die cast and IM Mark 3 die cast, I'm hoping the paint apps hold on those ones...

Is the stand on this the same as the Armor Unleashed?

I have the figure, but the stand is missing.

I think the stand is the same as the regular Mark IV? it's just your standard black stand with the 2 prongs to hold up the figure...

Oh and when I went to open mine, the batteries had popped already... there was a white encrusted substance in the back of the battery housing with brown spots in it which looked like battery leakage... I was able to scrape it off without damaging the figure and used a wet cue tip to pick up the powder, it's back in original shape and the light up feature still works... looks like I dodged a bullet there!

Oh and when I went to open mine, the batteries had popped already... there was a white encrusted substance in the back of the battery housing with brown spots in it which looked like battery leakage... I was able to scrape it off without damaging the figure and used a wet cue tip to pick up the powder, it's back in original shape and the light up feature still works... looks like I dodged a bullet there!

:hi5:

Hi,
I have been offered IM Secret Project for $450. It is in perfect shape BUT the LEDs in the arms (both of them) are not lighting. I have tried changing batteries for new ones, moving them, cleaning contacts… without any success. Do you think that price is worth despite of LEDs in the arms not working? Thanks!!!

I'd buy it for that price. I Am not sure if it is worth that price. That's a personal choice. Usually with these things if they are not perfect shape you have a hard time selling them. But not sure about this figure.

If you don't buy it let me know I will if you put me in contact. Even give u finders fee.

Back