1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man Mk3 Gun Metal & Mk6 Avengers Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazydragons

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi guys,

how much do you think is a fair selling price for hot toys iron man mk3 gun metal & iron man mk6 avengers edition (limited to 3000 pcs.)?

$200 for two, I'll buy now :lol

Joke aside, both are holy grail of Ironman so price will high. Ebay price for gunmetal $4000, mark 6 avengers edition $1000. Maybe around that, more or less.

There's no way anyone will ever buy the mark iii gunmetal at that price...

I have the mark 4 secret project (which I had to open only because of the battery issue). I wouldn't buy either the 3 or 4 new, the electronics probably don't work anymore because of battery leakage if it's been kept MISB (you at least have to consider that risk and the guy you're buying it from probably doesn't have more than 1 lying around. HT will leave you out to dry on that one too, they don't have any more units in inventory after all this time)...

Because of those issues, I would not pay the 3 or the 4 more than $700 and $500 respectively nor would I expect people to buy my 4 for more than that (it's not for sale lol)....

There's no way anyone will ever buy the mark iii gunmetal at that price...

I have the mark 4 secret project (which I had to open only because of the battery issue). I wouldn't buy either the 3 or 4 new, the electronics probably don't work anymore because of battery leakage if it's been kept MISB (you at least have to consider that risk and the guy you're buying it from probably doesn't have more than 1 lying around. HT will leave you out to dry on that one too, they don't have any more units in inventory after all this time)...

Because of those issues, I would not pay the 3 or the 4 more than $700 and $500 respectively nor would I expect people to buy my 4 for more than that (it's not for sale lol)....

Unless you live in a very humid area, the battery corrosion is not an issue. I've cleaned numerous Marks in my collection. Original Mark III BD, Original Mech Test Tony that have had battery leakage in the chest and arms. A q-tip and hydrogen peroxide is all that is needed to clean the contacts and it is good as new.

Considering the Mark III Silly Thing was never sealed in production it is not fair to say all MISB are not new and never displayed. YMMV. i think you are living in a dreamland saying $700 is a fair price for the MKIII Gunmetal given the low production and that it is probably the most expensive HT selling on ebay right now ( at least Top 3).

If I needed those two pieces in my collection, I think a fair price for me is $1,500 for the MK III Silly thing and $650 for the MK VI if it is sealed in Shipper. But the real answer is whatever a person is willing to pay. We have already seen a few ST Mark III's sell for over $2500. Don't be so quick to judge on the want or rarity for a completest, logic falls off the truck sometimes.

Unless you live in a very humid area, the battery corrosion is not an issue. I've cleaned numerous Marks in my collection. Original Mark III BD, Original Mech Test Tony that have had battery leakage in the chest and arms. A q-tip and hydrogen peroxide is all that is needed to clean the contacts and it is good as new.

Considering the Mark III Silly Thing was never sealed in production it is not fair to say all MISB are not new and never displayed. YMMV. i think you are living in a dreamland saying $700 is a fair price for the MKIII Gunmetal given the low production and that it is probably the most expensive HT selling on ebay right now ( at least Top 3).

If I needed those two pieces in my collection, I think a fair price for me is $1,500 for the MK III Silly thing and $650 for the MK VI if it is sealed in Shipper. But the real answer is whatever a person is willing to pay. We have already seen a few ST Mark III's sell for over $2500. Don't be so quick to judge on the want or rarity for a completest, logic falls off the truck sometimes.

Well said, Hokie. :clap

I purchased the MK VI Avengers version from an Ebay Seller a few years ago for $600 with shipping. It's going for $750-1000 now but every now and then a "Good", I would say fair, deal comes along for both the seller and buyer.

As for the MK Gun Metal edition, it's going for crazy prices all over. There were a few $1300-$1600 ones around Ebay and have all gone. Now there are $3000+ ones which is just unreasonable, unless you're rich and got mortgage payments to blow.

I'm still somewhat in the hunt for a MK 3 Gun Metal, but not for the prices they're going for it's just not worth it. I'm a long time Iron Man fan, almost 15 years now haha. If anything shoot me a PM with an offer crazydragons I'd be willing to listen if you want to part with it.

Definitely some serious bank on this shelf. The stealth will ultimately rise in price once the figure barrage settles. Any iron man figure that sells out in hours will hold its value and increase almost certainly. So if I were just starting out and love iron man, grab that if you don't have it and save some dough in the future.

Definitely some serious bank on this shelf. The stealth will ultimately rise in price once the figure barrage settles. Any iron man figure that sells out in hours will hold its value and increase almost certainly. So if I were just starting out and love iron man, grab that if you don't have it and save some dough in the future.

Hokie -
Your camera sucks! It's all washed out, no color. You need to fix it.
(I'm only kidding, but it does look like it's B&W)
Ryan

I own the both and paid and arm and leg for the SDCC mark 3 (well $850) . Is it rare , yes. Is it worth it , honestly not . It's a unique figure but it's so dated. I would rather have the Avengers mark vi if I had to pick the two and they cost the same . I just got one(Mark vi) off craigslist for $425 complete with shipper a few months ago as a birthday gift to myself. So you need to be willing to look for a deal. I always enjoy looking for stuff . It's part of the fun in this hobby . Patience + cash will help make wise decsions

I own the both and paid and arm and leg for the SDCC mark 3 (well $850) . Is it rare , yes. Is it worth it , honestly not . It's a unique figure but it's so dated. I would rather have the Avengers mark vi if I had to pick the two and the cost the same . I just got one(Mark vi) off craigslist for $425 complete with shipper a few months ago as a birthday gift to myself. So you need to be willing to look for a deal. I always enjoy looking for stuff . It's partbof the fun in this hobby . Patience + cash will help make wise decsions

As a new collector, I recently played the game and picked up the DX-13 which I found in stock online at a Collectible Store. I'd never heard of the store before, but from the website it comes across as broad movie/scifi/gaming collectible site which has Hot Toys, some old, some new... but you probably wouldn't preorder new figures from them as they don't stock every new figure as it comes out..

It worked out to be a good deal in the end (around $320 US if I convert for the sake of most people to whom my currency values are meaningless), but I've found myself wondering would I pay more for it. I've seen it online in the UK and Hong Kong for a lot more. As a figure it has stood the test of time, and looks better than most of the new releases I've bought new this year.

I certainly can't justify paying the prices for other figures I would like that have long been discontinued, which to me DO look very dated by comparison, such as Predator Dutch and Tech Noir Terminator.. I'll save my money for Genysis Terminator instead..

Back