Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK II PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homer_woohoo.jpg

i didn't get a paraplegic mark 2!

Wow, I'm really shocked to get such a broken piece of crap. I'm flabbergasted this figure made it through Hot Toys quality control. They need to hire some new people who give a damn about their job. I'm sure Hot Toys doesn't want their reputation of making great figures tarnished.

Anyway, the figure comes out of the box with a floppy,dangling left leg. You can pop it back on but it falls right back off. It's like the ball joint in the leg is too small for the hole in the torso.
Then the little round piece on the very top on the leg comes unglued and falls off. The light on the left arm only works 25% of the time and flickers like a strobe. Also the switch is barely movable and will not catch into the on slot.

Other then that it's a fantastic figure!:banghead

Called SSC and they were very helpful in getting me the return forms but man,what a pain in the butt. I already had to take time off from work to sign for this today.

I mentioned to the SSC rep that many people were returning this figure and she said it was actually a normal rate of returns on this figure. That's good news because I'd like to have one that isn't broken!
What a bummer.

I'll get some pics up when my girlfriend gets home with the camera.

Mine arrived today in perfect shape....bright lights and tight joints. Awesome figure!

Mine too. I got a text from my twin brother while I was at work that mine had arrived and he asked me if I wanted him to open it, I said I'd do it at 11pm when I got home.
I was glad that all the lights worked and his legs are not broken.
Pictures coming soon.
:chew

DSCF7976.jpg

DSCF7974.jpg

from toy-world.com.hk

Anyone else faces the same prob with their mark 2?

Glad mine turns out alright :angelsmil

got my iron man mk 2 a couple days ago, and mine has the paint issue from a few pages back. not as pronounced but definitely there. they can't be rubbed off, and they appear more in the right light. around the same area that that bad toy-world one was in. can't seem to capture it well on my crappy camera either. also, the guard over the right foot was snapped off before i even opened the box. my seller is currently looking into it by contacting HT for me.

so much for HT's QC.

Got mine today and all the joints and lights work perfectly but the paint, although not this bad /\/\/\ above, they are definately there. Is this a common issue? I am tempted to send it back to SSC but I'm not sure it is worth it if they all seem to have this issue one way or another. Mine is mostly on his back and some on his chest if viewed under intense light. The ones on his back can be seen under regular light.

Help guys! Is this a common occurance on these Mark II's?

I have one tiny line on the front left chest piece. nothing major and I'm not concerned. if I had alot more I would return it for sure.

mine is definitely not that bad, but does have a little on the upper left chest but its nothing that bad and can barely tell

I can barely see it on mine...that one I showed isn't mine. It was posted in an earlier post.

I can see mine however under intense light on his chest and his right shin armor. However, his back is noticeable under normal light conditions.

I just prepared an email to SSC and asked for a replacement:banghead

I hate to have to send it back cause I had it in an awesome pose and then I remembered to check the paint and sure enough, it was there.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I got mine yesterday in perfect condition. Although I must say that I am extremely worried that I'm going to break it! The joints are very tight, so I'm super careful not to over-force their movement, else break the joint! And the little flaps on his calves, his gauntlet missile flaps and the shoulder pads all seem very delicate (the joints/connections). I'm so afraid of breaking them when I try and pose him!

Seriously, this guy is stressing me out!

But once I step back and admire...WOW! What a figure!

I have one of those little scuff / battle damage marks on my Mark II's chest as well. I would not send it back unless its truly a bother. I think most have it somewhere.

**Then again....after looking at that picture again.....I would possibly consider sending it back. That is on the big side.

Got mine today and all the joints and lights work perfectly but the paint, although not this bad /\/\/\ above, they are definately there. Is this a common issue? I am tempted to send it back to SSC but I'm not sure it is worth it if they all seem to have this issue one way or another. Mine is mostly on his back and some on his chest if viewed under intense light. The ones on his back can be seen under regular light.

Help guys! Is this a common occurance on these Mark II's?

I have those marks on mine, but you can only see them at certain angles; at other angles they aren't there. I didn't realize this was an actual problem until now...doh :(

I don't see a lot of pics of the Mark 2 Exclusive piece. Got mine today from HK....

Mark2Exclusive001.jpg

Mark2Exclusive002.jpg

Mark2Exclusive003.jpg

Mark2Exclusive004.jpg

Mark2Exclusive005.jpg

Mark2Exclusive006.jpg

Mark2Exclusive007.jpg

Mark2Exclusive008.jpg

Mark2Exclusive009.jpg

Mark2Exclusive010.jpg

Awesome pics Mike! :rock Did you get an extra face reveal head and paint it to match your mark III? That looks really cool.

I bought one of CREG's Customs. It looks awesome. I actually went into the office removed the slider from the Mark 2 standard, I have him holding the faceplate like in the film....bugged me. I need an extra Mark 3 to display standard now and after after I get my Mark 1 and Gun Metal, I'll have a complete collection as far as I'm concerned.

He is brand new to this site, had eBay auctions....has a BD Iron Man Mark 3 I really want but can't afford right now. :(

Hey Mike, not counting the extra stuff you get with the mark 2, which one do you like better? The mark 2 or mark 3? (Based on how they look painted differently)

I'm thinking of getting these figures from HT, but I've never owned one before and I was wondering, out of those two, which one you'd think I would be impressed with more.

Back