Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK II PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to switch heads on my Mark II fig today and noticed that the paint on the front of his helmet looks cracked. Looks like cobwebbs. Can only be seen if you shine light directly on it. I've had the figure since last year. It's a little tough to capture on camera. Don't know if this has been talked about. Anyone else encounter this issue??

n1ym8m.jpg

i Has those too. Never dropped it, but it's been out in the open since I got it. It's all over the figure, on any smooth hard pieces. But it looks sorta like brushed metal on mine so, maybe it's intentional?

The 'brushed' inner texture is actually a manufacturer's defect.
If you look back a couple of pages back, and read during the early release of this figure, it mentions the issue.

I posted it on HT's FB page, and they offer me a replacement. But I doubt they'll do anything now, since its long sold out already.

That's pretty cool! I just got the Mark II the other day. Was that the head from a True Type body?

aside from the african american true type head not fitting on the iron man body, those pics look really awesome. nice job!

I know this old hat to a lot of people, but he's new to me! This figure really exceeded my expectations. The paint job is just perfect. It's nearly impossible to photograph badly.

4546876563_6f4a69f2fd_o.jpg

4546876597_c4cf0d51ef_o.jpg

4547512034_28d9b0ac48_o.jpg

His face doen't look anything like in the movie.

You on about Stark or Rhodes?

Because with regards to Rhodes, its from a standard tru-type, with no official likeness, but gets the job done.

With regards to stark, although Hot Toys have improved their headsculpts immensley, I still think its a good sculpt.

Didn't know where to put these pictures and I didn't want to start a new thread just for them, but since this is originally a Mark 2, I think this would be the best place. A local dealer at a local show here in CA has this custom for sale at his booth. I think he did a really nice job :
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

Wow that's nice work. I've been waiting for someone to make a custom like that.

Back