1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man Mark 3 Diecast photos by [JingoBell]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous pics for sure. I love the diecast version, I think the paint is a bit more accurate than the first version. Either way, I'm glad I preordered!

Awesome! Thanks for the pics!

No clue why they couldn't nail the color but this is a big time improvement over the original. Is that the same old Stark sculpt that we keep getting lately?

Gorgeous pics for sure. I love the diecast version, I think the paint is a bit more accurate than the first version. Either way, I'm glad I preordered!

Same here, very happy with what I see. The original Mark 3 never did it for me, I am glad this one is on its way! 6 is my favourite so I would like a remake of that, but I think 4 and 6 are solid figures already (unless they have pink bits...) so I would like to see 5 remade first as I think it needs it the most. Nice shiny silver parts would bump that figure up a level straight away.

I wish I'd gotten the first release now. I guess HT doesn't want to make the colors actually accurate to the movie any more.

I realize that the color is off but I really like how this turned out. Never was a huge fan of the more maroon color of this armor anyways so it being a brighter red doesn't bother me. Might pick it up.

The first release looks so scrawny compared to the new one in the photos they are in together.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

That's gonna be my main Iron Man. It is by far my favorite armor. I was never a fan of the extra silver they kept adding to the suit. Great pics thanks Jingo.

Awesome! Thanks for the pics!

No clue why they couldn't nail the color but this is a big time improvement over the original. Is that the same old Stark sculpt that we keep getting lately?

Nail it to what though? The practical suit was painted one color(hot rod red). The early CG renders where one color. The later CG was another color. The stunt suit was another color. There is no "mk3 red". I have two pieces of the suit and one is deep red and one is light. Ones from the stunt/back up suit and the other is the RDJ suit (just one small part of it). The maquette Legacy/Winston did for the movie was another color. So there's not perfect choice.

And tjey(hot toys) have received a lot of complaints/requests, especially from local market, to do the more standard (and used in all the follow up suits) lighter red. They already did the dark. Nothing wrong doing the lighter on the update.

If someone wants the darker red pick one up and have it resprayed. PM me and I'll get you the paint codes, or a link to a place I set up IM paint codes to be made for hobbiests to use.

It looks like there is a torso joint?

It sure does like it, I love the fact that it does and will probably be my 2nd Iron man. I only need two iron man in my collection, one classic red and one that converts into battle damage which mark 42 fulfills.

Mid august?! *Sigh I'm moving around that time so its likely this will be trouble for me!

Great photos as always. Thanks for including comparison shots with the original Mark III figure.

Mine is being shipped now finally. Am bracing myself for the harsh import taxes that are highly likely to come attached to this figure.

Back