Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm....yeah. REALLY happy I canceled my order.

iPhone pics:
20765255263_d1e3f1245b_k.jpg

21198484758_6812af9156_k.jpg

21386344745_948ee69289_k.jpg

When the figure was announced, I pre-ordered. Then the complaints started about the head sculpt, of which I agree. It's not Paltrow, but her stunt double. Still, I kept my PO. Now, with these latest pics, of which I also immediately noticed the horrific wrist joints, I am starting to question my PO, but I will still keep said PO.
There is no way that HT can let that figure sell and ship with those joints. I agree it's just a prototype placeholder figure going around. Something that simple can't be overlooked in the final production. I'm keeping my PO.
However, if the final result still looks like that, I will keep the figure, replace the body or at least the arms, buy an aftermarket head sculpt, and seriously question buying anything else from HT that isn't an IM armor.
Ryan

I'll wait until there are some good inhand pics. I had considered preordering this, but I've been hitting the auto button too often with Hot Toys. Pieces are showing up and I'm like, "oh, I forgot I ordered this." I'll still likely get it as long as it's not a disaster, but if by waiting I can apply a $20-$25 coupon, so much the better.

IMO, losing out on $22 on whatever it was would be worth it if this doesn't get improved. Better to waste $22 than full price.

But you could cancel it closer to when it comes out and still be out the same money, only they may have vastly improved the HS by then (re: Vision) and you might actually want it. Or push comes to shove you can return the figure to SS and your out just shipping both ways. Cancelling months before the figure ships and months before there is even final product photos is a total waste.

Terrible terrible idea to pre order anything with a NRD when there are other stores that does not require any. Just throwing away money when you cancel.

As far as Pepper goes.... looks pretty bad, like it was just thrown up there. Hands, arms, sculpt, hair..... all need work.

Terrible terrible idea to pre order anything with a NRD when there are other stores that does not require any. Just throwing away money when you cancel.

As far as Pepper goes.... looks pretty bad, like it was just thrown up there. Hands, arms, sculpt, hair..... all need work.

But SSC has the exclusive, and only a few carry the exclusive. Its the light up helmet.

But SSC has the exclusive, and only a few carry the exclusive. Its the light up helmet.

Sure, if you want the SSC exclusive or figures that are exclusive to SSC, you have to go for the NRD, that I can understand. I did it with the Stormtrooper Sqaud Leader.

Now if it is a regular old figure, no exclusive, would be better off going somewhere without a NRD.

The XLII helmet with Pepper in and the VII ex helmet are the things I want most in this set. Even to the point of me considering the set and selling the IX and maybe even Pepper if she doesn't improve.
Like others have said though, I would be surprised if they don't fix a lot of the issues before release.

Sure, if you want the SSC exclusive or figures that are exclusive to SSC, you have to go for the NRD, that I can understand. I did it with the Stormtrooper Sqaud Leader.

Now if it is a regular old figure, no exclusive, would be better off going somewhere without a NRD.

Or don't cancel. SSC didn't used to require an NRD on everything. If the trend continues everyone will require them.

Love the idea of the NRD....weeds out all the impulse buyers or at least makes them think twice and opens up stock for those that truly want it....seems like we are all adults here but there is a lot of immaturity going around, stop acting like brats and think hard before ordering a figure, once you realize this is something you want in your collection, Then PO it and pay the NRD...if later on you still change your mind, 25$ shouldn't be breaking your bank account when you can afford to even spend 300$ on a plastic doll in the first place, if those 25$ affect you THAT much, your priorities are **** backwards and I'm not gonna sit here and feel bad for you, quite the opposite, I'm gonna laugh at you.

Back