Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures.

Saving a dozen people's lives makes him heroic eot.

no, it makes him a *****, the only reason he wasnt in the suit, was so shane could do the retard suit gaf with the truck plowing into him. He was never in any danger, never at risk of dieing trying to save lives. not heroic.

Itd be like someone rushing inot a fire to save someone - heroic
someone remotely controlling a mechanical saving device for fires so he doesnt have to go in- smart, his job, good at operating the thing, not heroic

or a drone operator at a military base miles away from a combat zone vs the ground troops in the thick of it, one is significantly less heroic

no, it makes him a *****, the only reason he wasnt in the suit, was so shane could do the retard suit gaf with the truck plowing into him. He was never in any danger, never at risk of dieing trying to save lives. not heroic.

Itd be like someone rushing inot a fire to save someone - heroic
someone remotely controlling a mechanical saving device for fires so he doesnt have to go in- smart, his job, good at operating the thing, not heroic

Your definition of heroic is skewed.

Pepper portrait needs work.

Your definition of heroic is skewed.

Pepper portrait needs work.

having the characteristics of a hero or heroine; very brave.
"heroic deeds"
synonyms: brave, courageous, valiant, valorous, lionhearted, superhuman, intrepid, bold, fearless, daring, audacious; More

tell me which of those Tony fits in that scene...

having the characteristics of a hero or heroine; very brave.
"heroic deeds"
synonyms: brave, courageous, valiant, valorous, lionhearted, superhuman, intrepid, bold, fearless, daring, audacious; More

tell me which of those Tony fits in that scene...
All of them. Go google more.

sittin on a boat a mile away really gets him his scout badge of bravery... :lol

Iron man should be a hero, and is, just not in that **** movie and especially that scene

By your definition the pilots who operate Navy rescue helicopters aren't hereos, they are just operating a mechanical saving device from 50+ feet in the air and driving home afterward.

Only the guy(s) who physically get into the water are the heroes.

coast_guard_rescue.jpg

Makes sense.

sittin on a boat a mile away really gets him his scout badge of bravery... :lol

Iron man should be a hero, and is, just not in that **** movie and especially that scene

So a fighter pilot isn't brave? Or a hero? Drone pilot? Sub captain? Sailer on an aircraft carrier? What about the sniper that takes a guy out 1 mile away? That close enough? Did I miss where he sat back and let them die? No? Saved achandful of people from death? Yes? What about that is not heroic?

By your definition the pilots who operate Navy rescue helicopters aren't hereos, they are just operating a mechanical saving device from 50+ feet in the air and driving home afterward.

Only the guy(s) who physically get into the water are the heroes.

coast_guard_rescue.jpg

Makes sense.

are they remotely piloting the helicopter? so they would be right in the thick of it, and therefore heroic I didnt say otherwise

are they remotely piloting the helicopter? so they would be right in the thick of it, and therefore heroic I didnt say otherwise

Who cares and thick of what - the clouds 100 feet in the sky? :lol

Give up.

So a fighter pilot isn't brave? Or a hero? What about the sniper that takes a guy out 1 mile away? That close enough? Did I miss where he sat back and let them die? No? Saved achandful of people from death? Yes? What about that is not heroic?

re read what I actually said "remote controlled" :"from a distance" "no personal sacrifice"

sitting in a desk chair remotely piloting **** isnt heroic

Who cares and thick of what - the clouds 100 feet in the sky? :lol

Give up.

well in that pic theres waves, huricane winds id imagine.. if your resquing someone in a helicopter odd are theres inherent risk, thus heroic

if they crash pilot dies: sacrifice or risk of

sitting in an office chair and you crash: others might die, you sip on some coffee

well in that pic theres waves, huricane winds id imagine.. if your resquing someone in a helicopter odd are theres inherent risk, thus heroic

if they crash pilot dies: sacrifice or risk of

sitting in an office chair and you crash: others might die, you sip on some coffee

You're really reaching w/ 'hurricane winds'. Plus, there's other environments they rescue in such as mountains for example.

Clear skies boy. ;)

pmountainrescue_1218457c.jpg

Desk chair from a distance, drivers seat chair from a distance - still a chair from a distance. Your logic is flawed.

You're really reaching w/ 'hurricane winds'. Plus, there's other environments they rescue in such as mountains for example.

Clear skies boy. ;)

pmountainrescue_1218457c.jpg

Desk chair from a distance, drivers seat chair from a distance - still a chair from a distance. Your logic is flawed.

When you sit in a pilot seat of a machine you are always taking a risk.. at a desk is not even remotely comparable man, c'mon I know you better then that..

and I was commenting on the one pic you posted, looked pretty rough. but a pilot has way more risk associated then a kid sitting at a desk playing a video game with a similar machine off in a battle filed somewhere, to say otherwise is dumb

re read what I actually said "remote controlled" :"from a distance" "no personal sacrifice"

Disagree completely. Just because your not right there doesn't mean anything. It's the deeds. Not th location. And imminent physical risk is not the only factor in it.

If it is I would be willing to bet most people on the planet have never been "brave". Smarter not harder.

Besides, he sacrificed his protection he needed to save Pepper and fight Aldrich to save Air Force one and its crew...so he has to go in with no suit. Seems pretty brave to me...

Disagree completely. Just because your not right there doesn't mean anything. It's the deeds. Not th location. And imminent physical risk is not the only factor in it.

If it is I would be willing to bet most people on the planet have never been "brave". Smarter not harder.

Besides, he sacrificed his protection he needed to save Pepper and fight Aldrich to save Air Force one and its crew...so he has to go in with no suit. Seems pretty brave to me...

sorry, its just not heroic (that airplane scene) the one where he throws the suit on pepper is, as hes taking the risk to save another

When you sit in a pilot seat of a machine you are always taking a risk.. at a desk is not even remotely compatible man, c'mon I know you better then that..

and I was commenting on the one pic you posted, looked pretty rough. but a pilot has way more risk associated then a kid sitting at a desk playing a video game with a similar machine off in a battle filed somewhere, to say otherwise is dumb
Stark was sitting in a boat rc'ing that rescue. Boat is a machine last I checked, hence a risk by your definition.

Check mate. ;)

Stark was sitting in a boat rc'ing that rescue. Boat is a machine last I checked, hence a risk by your definition.

Check mate. ;)

he wasnt operating the boat, he was relaxing in the cabin (id also assume jarvis did most of the heavy lifting)

checkmate, double stamp no erasies

sorry, its just not heroic (that airplane scene) the one where he throws the suit on pepper is, as hes taking the risk to save another

It's the same thing. He sacrificed his safety, the suit, to save others, the Air Force one crew. The only difference is the distance. He was en route to fight an army of flaming captain Americas and his last move before he goes is to give up his suit to save others. But yea, I could see how that's not heroic...or not

he wasnt operating the boat, he was relaxing in the cabin (id also assume jarvis did most of the heavy lifting)

checkmate, double stamp no erasies

Relaxing =/= rc'ing an IM suit saving a dozen civies free falling from a plane.

All your base belong to me.

Back