Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been done, but I wanted to take my own comparison pics. Interestingly, the rubber parts on my MKIII haven't really changed that much in color. These photos are unmolested so what you see in these photos is the difference in color if you look at in person. I have seen some photos that make the two pieces look drastically different.

5398994665_8c67f0c071_b.jpg

I was trying to show how much thicker the MKIV torso is from front to back than the mkIII and I think I kind of failed. The MKIV is a much bulkier figure in general (this is good) something that I haven't really been able to tell from seeing photos (including my own here).
5398995751_7b6a74a4f7_b.jpg

5398997517_75a5f61b04_b.jpg

The new one is clearly more detailed and realistic though neither likeness is particularly great. What this really shows off to me is how much better the proportions are on the MKIV. The MKIII doesn't even look like it's human.
5399601224_d989a7da7f_b.jpg

I was a little bummed that the shoulder pad was flipped up in the last pic but didn't feel like re-taking it. :D

its a great figure
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="853" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iGhb61ypkhw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Just for funsies:
IMG_5632-2.png

I would totally buy a new MKIII and II if they corrected the proportions as seen above.

I had so much trouble getting the braking flaps in on the BD Mark III that I'm not even bothering with the Mark IV's flaps. You can't see his back anyway.

Okay...so, attaching the rear flaps is a known issue. I thought I was one of the "lucky" ones to get a defective product.

Just ordered 1 from VP and used my points and got it for about $155. Have a feeling it will be hard to find one under $200 in the next few weeks or so. BBTS already raised their PO to $200 and ebay auctions is ending around $200. Got every HT IM up to date minus that silly version release. And with all the HT releasing close together I almost missed out on the retail price.

Just for funsies:
IMG_5632-2.png

I would totally buy a new MKIII and II if they corrected the proportions as seen above.

Yes and I would even buy a Mark I as well. That one is the most f'd up, horrible...just horrible. Come on HT's get to it!

:monkey3

One more, and a group shot. The group shot is basically how I have them displayed on the shelf. WM goes next to the MKII since it's derived from that armor. Likewise if HT makes Iron Monger and I buy one, it would go next to the MKI since it was derived from that suit.

5399420005_5ee7e7edca_b.jpg

5399421731_908d8e8017_b.jpg

While on the subject, in terms of how much I like 'em I'd probably rank them:

MK I
MK IV
War Machine
MK II
MK III

While on the subject, in terms of how much I like 'em I'd probably rank them:

MK I
MK IV
War Machine
MK II
MK III
This is how I currently see it as well. :hi5:

To take it one step further and throw in the Mk.V and VI based purely on pictures released so far:

MK I
MK IV
Mk.V
War Machine
Mk.VI
MK II
MK III

Back