Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too much chit chat too lil pics so this one will have to do for now
43124491.jpg

btw have a Tony Headsculpt with glasses, donut & box up for grabs for $50

Geil, what a great set up you have! thats awsome. wondering if you could take a shot just of all your Mark 1 to IV on you light up stands. Been waiting for a pics like this.

Can ANYONE help me out here??
hi
i did reply to you a few pages back , it looks fine on the narrow shoulder body until you ad an item of clothing with a collar & tie , when the collar is fastened the head looks too low down.
i have not yet got round to posting any pics but will do that today

geil i have sent you a pm re Tony head with glasses, donut and box - $50
i hope it has reached you

maninasuitcase

wow,,just by going by the pictures of the MK III and IV,,,you can clearly see HT is getting vastly better with their sculpts ,body dimensions etc....with this, the new T1 coming up,and more ,,,its gonna be an expensive 2011

Well, Hot Toys and Enterbay's 1/6th scale paint jobs are usually very good--better than what I see on larger Sideshow statues. But Sideshow's 1/6th scale stuff still has a long way to go. As does Medicom's.

Boy, does Medicom have a ways to go.

i think at this point, medicom has literally given up on the chase or the will to better HT at the 1/6th market. they're pretty much just gonna do what they want to do. while HT continues to R&D and improve, medi is just standing still. it's a shame really, i really liked medi a few years ago. and being a buyer of 1/6th figs, it's amazing to watch HT CONTINUALLY stepping up their game throughout the years. they literally want to become THE GO TO for all 1/6th scale figs, and they have.

Those side by side comparison shots are not flattering to the Mark III whatsoever to say the least.

If HT decided to remake Mark 1, I would want it to look exactly like the original minus the head sculpt, but for Mark III i'm happy that they've greatly improved upon it with more exact proportions and facial sculpting.

Last edited:
Actually, I think the mark III holds up better than I was expecting. I think an awesome comparison, one of don't think I've seen yet, would be full body shots of the mark III and mark IV both with the Stark heads on. I think that would really show off how much better the IV is.

With the helmeted heads, the IV is still noticeably much better but still, I thought the III would look much worse.

Sharing some personal review for this higly anticipated figure.
Nothing fancy comparing to the previously release HT IRON MAN figs.
Enjoy..

Packaging is no surprise. Seems for all HT Iron Man 2 figs will have the samebox design.
Unless they come up with a DX IM2 character (OMG, hope not!!). Comparing it to the
HT War Machine, HT Black widow and HT Whiplash, which has a black color on the box, the
mark 4 box adapts the royal red color of the suit which makes it unique from the other IM2 figs
(can't wait for mark 6!! bring it on.)

5253142377_e71e5069e2.jpg

5253142639_ed0c0ff9b8.jpg

When opening the whole package, the inner parts are stacked in 3 layers.

5253143133_44203cf54e_z.jpg

The 1st layer houses the mark 4 body with the 3 pairs of hands, including the hands with the
articulated fingers, the flight flaps that will installed manually, the very cool shades of
Mr. Stark as well as the head sculpt and of course the highly controversial donut and donut box!
too bad, only has one donut. it would be fun if they made a dozen!!

5253751456_5d7d306009_z.jpg

The 2nd layer house the transparent pole which can be mounted on the new design to hold the mark 4.
Present also are the replaceable armors for both arms with the arm mounted missiles.

5253751766_6cb3573966_z.jpg

And finally, the bottom layer keeps all the stands. There will be 2 stands, the 1st one is the
generic stand from HT for all their 1/6th figs and the newly designed stand for the mark 4 which also
consist of amazing details.

5253751882_5146e45f6c_z.jpg
5253753416_dd344671cf.jpg

5253752376_e6cb73a0ed_z.jpg

5253143913_176fbc3004_z.jpg

As usual, the instruction manual is also seen and added transparent toolto be used to change some accessories. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! read the darn manual first before your itchy fingers goes to the figure first !! Trust me, it helps!!!

5253752182_bdf0cdedd1_z.jpg

Let's proceed to the figure...This guy really has made his work out sessions so serious! I guess he had gained weight just like the werewolf guy in twilight movie, what's his name again?! (go team JACOB hehe..) His really bulky and beefed up compared to the 1st edition mark 3 and battle damaged mark 3.

5253145023_6ba25b83e5_z.jpg

One noticeable added feature here is that torso part has an extra step on it which helps in the articulation on the abs. Just make sure to carefully pull it as shown on the manual. Oh by the way, the chest is also removable but did not dare to pull the darn thing. I can't control my hands and might end up ripping it out.

5253753518_def6532591_z.jpg

Now for the replaceable armor on the arms, there are 4 plates for each armwhich can replace the normal ones, the added armors has the missiles on it but i had a hard time, again, i might end up ripping it out. Just be careful when you wish to try to replace those. Use something plastic to avoid scratches on your figure.

5253752570_1156f729ce_z.jpg

The added clamp for the figure has an added foam material on its side to prevent any scratches on the torso area if you wish to clamp it and display it in your cabinets :D

5253752628_bb42562f3b_z.jpg

Another thing also, when installing the flaps, be extra careful since its the joints on this flaps are so little that too much pressure might break the plastic housing....

5253144231_ed62ebc923_z.jpg

For the air brakes on the foot area, need to be careful also since these flaps are larger and the mechanism is different from the previous IRON MAN figs. Totally different....

5253752796_aafd0492e6_z.jpg

hope this helps...

5253752994_0ac933ec82.jpg
5253144729_23a5df653b.jpg

A Blessed Christmas and a Peaceful, Prosperous New Year to all.

Anyone got their sideshow pre-order fulfillment e-mail? The two week notice? I want to get this from Sideshow's site...wondering when they'll have it. Surprised, 'cause I ordered the Terminator too, all this stuff is coming out early -- a lot of $$$.

I am going home for winter break for a month and want to bring the iron man and war machine with me. Do u guys suggest that I can put bubble wrap around the figs themselves? I don't want to put them in the box to save space, maybe ship it back or do it as a carry on? Because I am flying from Boston to California.

Back