Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow all this time and this is the sculpt approved. :cuckoo: The eyes and chin are the most obvious areas off but at least we know it should be coming soon.

Damn, it's really is hard to please you guys (or perhaps I'm just to easy to impress). I think it looks phenomenal! I'm getting it and will display it like this:

73420_450232832343_58690437343_5821178_2541795_n.jpg

Now, answer me this... are we still getting the "Detachable forearm rockets" because I'm not seeing that anywhere! You can see it on the Mark VI though:

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-2-Mark-VI-010_1279537726.jpg

14973745023273734358690.jpg

So everyone can judge for themselves.

Ok, it's not awful. But seriously, does HT finalise the sculpt and THEN compare it to the real deal? That's just not cricket. Surely they would sculpt then compare, tweak the sculpt and then compare again until they get closer.

Ah well, it's set in stone now.

Three areas where the sculpt went amiss:

1) Chin is not pointy enough.
2) Eyes are too small.
3) Nose is too broad.

I suppose HT has two more stabs at getting it right - the Mark VI (though that'll be a semi-concealed sculpt) and the Mark V.

If I recall correctly, the big hold up was getting approval from RDJ (or handlers) and this version had to have their blessing. I expected a spot on likeness after all the hoopla instead of a hit n miss resemblance. I wonder what the sculpts looked like he turned down :horror

j/k

I've always said it: it's the ESSENCE that counts first and foremost. While this is supposed to be a movie masterpiece, thus copying what was seen in the movie, this sculpt not only looks like RDJ just fine (more than fine actually, but I agree there are some minor adjustments to be made for it to be 100% accurate--which we will never have unless they scan his face), but more importantly it looks like TONY STARK. As a lifetime Iron Man appreciator, that's all that counts for me.

When Hot Toys says coming soon, does anyone know if this is gonna hit the market fairly soon?

That portrait looks like they sculpted his stunt double. It doesn't even look like the right ethnicity.

Considering what we have gotten so far I love it. Looks to me like it has our first textured separate neck from Hot Toys.

I could be wrong but it does not look like it is one piece to me.

RDJ has a sense of humour. and i hear he hates nerds. a small sick part of me thinks he's reading this thread right now and laughing his teets off. "those poor bastards - i knew approving this one would get them all PO'ed!"

Personally im happy with the sculpt...just wanna know when its due
Also wouldve been cool if there was an additional donut with a bite taken out of it,,,or something lol

Last edited:
Just guys, regarding the RDJ head, what outfit should I get to make a custom Tony Stark? Also, what TT body should I get? Sorry, kinda new at this. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, do you think I could headswap the mark 4 head onto the mech tech body?? are all the joints the same?

Last edited:
Back