Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really sucks. Has anyone else's BD version faded?

I knew it was a problem with some people's original version but I hoped they had fixed it. And if no one knows what causes it there is no way to prevent it.

mine faded:(

hmm, according to the picture, its from ptk. afaik, its a message/forum board for toy collectors in the philippines. could humidity have played a factor if indeed the rubber chest's paint has already faded? its too humid in the philippines.

wait is the color fading prob going to be the same for the upcoming iron men?

i hope not
i hate when you pay a massive amount of money for a collectible that cannot serve its purpose because it was not manufactured properly to withstand the environments it will be put into.

I like Robertdj ..but in ways i wish we had an actor who wasn't such a _____ about how he is portrayed in figures, i'd bet we would have this inhand already if that were the case.

If HT has the ok to use past sculpts just use on of those. Give us one of those and lets get rollin already.

If HT has the ok to use past sculpts just use on of those. Give us one of those and lets get rollin already.

Ya ..but given how expensive these figs are recycling old sculpts isn't the best way to go imo.
The wait is annoying ..but i'd gladly wait longer if it means a new sculpt rather then have them release it earlier, but with an old sculpt.

I guess. I dont give a crud about the human sculpt I love how RDJ plays Tony stark but I buy these figures to show off the armor not the RDJ sculpt.

But still ..what would you really prefer? ..wait 2-3 months extra and possibly get an all new sculpt or get it now and have a sculpt we have already seen before .. I know most of us are more into the armor more so then the Downey sculpt but i personally can't relate to this level of impatience where i'd sacrifice the rdj sculpt to have the figure inhand now, i have enough of ironman in my collection already to keep me happy until this one is out.
..but thats just me.

But still ..what would you really prefer? ..wait 2-3 months extra and possibly get an all new sculpt or get it now and have a sculpt we have already seen before .. I know most of us are more into the armor more so then the Downey sculpt but i personally can't relate to this level of impatience where i'd sacrifice the rdj sculpt to have the figure inhand now, i have enough of ironman in my collection already to keep me happy until this one is out.
..but thats just me.

I'd sacrifice it. Its really not of importance to me honestly. I got the Mech suit and so I have a nice version plus a custom I made. So I'm covered just give me the armor.

..but thats just me.

At close to $200, I'd absolutely rather wait two-three more months for a new RDJ sculpt. If Hot Toys starts re-using the same RDJ head each time, they're going to turn into Mattel.

It depends.

If I am going to be charged the current price which includes the new sculpt then yes I will wait.

If I am going to be charged current price with a re-used head then I will cancel.

If the price is dropped and either re-used head included or rdj head scrapped altogether then I would keep.

Personally the rdj sculpt isn't a deal breaker, the price is. I am not paying $20 more than the first Mark III figure for a re-used or no rdj sculpt.

Back