Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I´d love to get this one, but it´s too expensive. I hope with Iron Man 3 there will be an equal one for a better price.

how's this? I redid the photo and made it a bit cleaner and made it larger.

Ironmanlarge4.jpg

I think I was lucky to get this for 200 bucks from a board member on here. I'm quite happy with the purchase so far.

Hmmmmmm I'm not sure why it's not larger. it's still 1098 by 720 but it still looks clean as the background on my computer.

Last edited:
I am really excited...managed to find a decently priced mark iv. Missed out on this many months back and it has been one of my regrets.

Anyone able to give me a quick briefing on the types of common QC issues I should look out for with this figure? I will have the chance to do a quick inspection before I purchase it.

just received this today, so I'm just going to leave these right here.

IMG_4427.jpg

Excellect pics man! This is an awesome pose! :clap

how's this? I redid the photo and made it a bit cleaner and made it larger.

Ironmanlarge4.jpg

I think I was lucky to get this for 200 bucks from a board member on here. I'm quite happy with the purchase so far.

Hmmmmmm I'm not sure why it's not larger. it's still 1098 by 720 but it still looks clean as the background on my computer.

You did a great job on the wallpaper! :clap

I am really excited...managed to find a decently priced mark iv. Missed out on this many months back and it has been one of my regrets.

Anyone able to give me a quick briefing on the types of common QC issues I should look out for with this figure? I will have the chance to do a quick inspection before I purchase it.

1. Paint finishing
2. Missing parts.
3. hard to open back "lower leg" air flaps.
4. Undies/diapers fading to pink

Usual suspects for missing parts: knee armor, missle flap and others i forget

5. Broken lights due to leakage in battery compartment (check first if you can just wipe them clean)

The only real worry you'll have is the fading undies :D other QC issues are rare

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. Will have to keep an eye out for the pink undies...since that sounds like the most serious issue and easiest to detect at first glance.

When I first got my IM mk4 figure out of the box, I wanted to get the batteries out after testing the lights. Popping the head off wasn't too bad, but when I went to take the armoured neck piece out.. I chipped both sides of it while trying to work it out of the neck socket.

I should've been more careful, but it just wouldn't budge. :monkey2

Are pink undies and issue with the MK IV as well? I thought it was only the MK III... oh well, mine are fine so far, as far as I can tell.

The trick to getting the neck post out is to not pull it out in a straight line - rotate the neck either left or right and lever it against the collar a little to ease it out.

The trick to getting the neck post out is to not pull it out in a straight line - rotate the neck either left or right and lever it against the collar a little to ease it out.
Now they tell me. :slap :lol

I must say, it's a rather delicate figure too. Just holding it properly without damaging something can be a challenge.

Sorry to hear.
I would let the seller know.

:lecture This is probably the next best thing. Will have to wait a while though to get any gratification this way.

Yeah I did let the seller know and he told me tough luck. So I opened a paypal complaint with him. He then verbally assaulted me in an email and told me he's going to drag this out as long as possible. So now I'm just waiting for the response period to end so paypal can tell me to ship it back to him.

In the meantime I got one off ebay for $260 shipped so only $30 more than I had originally paid. Gonna be worth it though. Now I gotta get my Deltolf put together.

Back