Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But after removing the outer sleeve I noticed 3 things: (1) the box seal had been broken, the interior box was damaged on the bottom right b/c whoever put it back on did so incorrectly & (3) the arc reactor light in Tony's chest was on (hard to tell from pic) :monkey4 So basically this was not "NEW" as they advertised and the battery has been on 24/7 since they shipped it a week ago.

Now I'm a little peeved b/c I don't appreciate being sold something advertised as "New" when I could have bought it used much cheaper, so I move on to inspect the parts to make sure everything is included and nothing is damaged.

Well, here's the worst surprise, the flap of the bottom right forearm is broken and the piece is laying there. All the pieces were there and nothing else was damaged, so I put him together and on display as pictured below where you can see the missing flap.

:horror OMG! This maybe is the worst customer service I've heard! :slap So sorry to hear this bad experience.:( You don't deserved this as anyone shouldn't; you payed good money for a brand new figure & you get this?! Not fair!:mad: I suggest you call them up or e-mail them re: this. They should know the error they've done & should replace this!

Best of luck dude!:wave

My LCS opens these and other collectibles up and puts it in a display case. Their rationale is that you either buy it or you don't. They feel as though it will give a possible customer a better idea of what they are purchasing for the money (instead of looking at a box). It works though. They actually sell many pieces faster from that display.

My thing is who gives a ____ as long as the piece is mint. I feel bad for Y4NK33 though. It should've been put back the right right way with no breakage. They knew it was broke and shipped it out anyways. Hastings was in the wrong for that alone.

I agree.
At least your LCS will tell the potential buyer that this particular figure has been on display. They would also price it accordingly depending on whether or not it's still being produced, what the demand for that item is, and whether there is any wear/damage, etc.

The product Y4NK33 purchased was CLEARLY opened and handled and/or placed on display. The seller did not advertise it as such. :mad:

I just got my missing forearm missile flap off Hot toys after 8 weeks :yess: which i think is pretty damn quick. Anyway a big thank you to Hot toys customer service and the production team :clap :clap

what I don't get with Hastings is do they display like 50 MKIV at their stores? Seems alot of people get opened and played with items. So do they also send already viewed movies and magazines with stain marks and sell it as new too?
I am beginning to hate this company because not only do they charge me state tax because they are based in Texas, but every shipment they send to me is from out of state and shipping is not cheap. So I get a lose lose situation.

Thank you all for your replies to my post, I appreciate your input :)

I decided to just write them an email and leave them a poor feedback on Amazon. It's funny b/c as soon as I submitted my feedback I was able to read other customer feedback from today, and many of them complain about the same issues as I did. *shrug*

I received an automated response from Gohastings wrt shipping the item back for refund, but nothing remotely stating that they cared or are sorry for a poor customer experience. Geesh, what a let down!

Needless to say I'll NEVER shop through gohastings again :lol

Anyway, I picked up the Locktite glue that someone recommended so I can fix that air flap myself. He should be fine after that ;)

:lecture Good to hear.

I've been looking for a T1 T-800 figure but having no luck finding one. Then, when I finally do, it had to be from gohasting. :gah:

I'm not the gambling type. Needless to say, it's still there and I'm still looking.

:lecture Good to hear.

I've been looking for a T1 T-800 figure but having no luck finding one. Then, when I finally do, it had to be from gohasting. :gah:

I'm not the gambling type. Needless to say, it's still there and I'm still looking.

:lol I hear ya, I live 30 minutes from Atlantic City and I never go to gamble! Good luck in your quest to get the T800 :D

Yep--Hastings is a complete gamble. Buyer beware.

:lecture
All too true. Remember the Master Replicas Force FX lightsabers? Hastings was selling re-boxed ones as "new" years back. The polycarb blades were scratched, LEDs were dead---in short, it was obvious the staff had been dueling with them! Yet they were being sold at full retail.:monkey4

Really sorry to hear about your bum luck, Y4NK33 PL4N3T.
My advice would be a return, and be scarred but smarter.
Then again--depending on what you paid--you may be hard pressed to pass on what may be a bargain. :gah:

It's the prisoner's dilemma . . . :monkey1

Just ordered one (Mark Iv) with GoHastings for Total: $171.31. Shipping and Taxes.

Used promo code POPZOWIE for 20% off all figures. Ya.. can't beat that at all.

IMO, order your terminator and use the 20% off today before it ends.

Just ordered one (Mark Iv) with GoHastings for Total: $171.31. Shipping and Taxes.

Awesome buy. Hope all turns out well. Thanks for the code for the coupon.

That's very nice of you buddy.
I'm still going to have to pass, as I'm still not sure what condition I will get the figure in.

It may also be in perfect condition but I would rather not be the one who gets to find out. :D

Thank you for looking out and I really do hope you get a figure in 'great' condition. :hi5:

Back