Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unsubstantiated speculation earlier in this thread due to the "Limited Edition" tag, I believe.

"Limited Edition" is just a thing marvel makes them put on the box for some reason, i don't think it's anymore limited then any other hot toys figure.

:goodpost::exactly: Yes this is a good idea

Why?

As long as it's complete, undamaged, and you still have all the packaging, you can still sell it as mint in the box. Why not take it out and enjoy it? It's not going to effect resale value. :dunno

"Limited Edition" is just a thing marvel makes them put on the box for some reason, i don't think it's anymore limited then any other hot toys figure.
It may mean no second runs, but no one really knows. I'm sure that some other "mass" releases are produced in lower quantities.

Why?

As long as it's complete, undamaged, and you still have all the packaging, you can still sell it as mint in the box. Why not take it out and enjoy it? It's not going to effect resale value. :dunno
There are seals on either side that have to be broken to open it. But other than that, you're right.

I have one that is currently sitting on my shelf looking absolutely fantastic. The other one is still sealed in it's original box but not sealed from the brown shipper. Needed to check and make sure that everything was ok in there. Last thing you want is to sell it later down the line for a good amount only to get complaints from that buyer that there are random things that are wrong. I remember there were a few people here bringing up a few problems with their Mark IVs.

I have one that is currently sitting on my shelf looking absolutely fantastic. The other one is still sealed in it's original box but not sealed from the brown shipper. Needed to check and make sure that everything was ok in there. Last thing you want is to sell it later down the line for a good amount only to get complaints from that buyer that there are random things that are wrong. I remember there were a few people here bringing up a few problems with their Mark IVs.

I think that's a good idea, but if it's sealed, it's sealed. Neither you nor anyone else could have messed with it.

For some of the figures that I've bought second-hand, I would LOVE to have been the one to open it for the first time.

I think that's a good idea, but if it's sealed, it's sealed. Neither you nor anyone else could have messed with it.

For some of the figures that I've bought second-hand, I would LOVE to have been the one to open it for the first time.

sealed items always fetch a bigger crowd and more money, especially for collectors

For HT boxes... Mostly it's just to break a piece of round cellophane tape and you can have full access to the figure. Replacing the tape will be easy too.

Beside numerous workers in the Chinese factory would have touch it during packing.

You'll need to check you fig. for the 30 days claim for damaged or missing parts from HT's CS (should you want to claim from them)

Last edited:
For HT boxes... Mostly it's just to break a piece of round cellophane tape and you can have full access to the figure. Replacing the tape will be easy too

so you think its ok to sell something as new and sealed after you have opened it? whats your ebay name? I want to avoid it...

So I just got my IronMan Mark IV and I was just wondering. Is the armor suppose to have a little bit of weathering on it? Like little silver scratches on it??

Question for HT Iron Man Mark IV owners

Is it normal for there to be a little bit of play in the lower waist? It is pretty fair, but not totally loose, I wanted too know if anyone else had
a HT mark IV that has moved the waist around and posed him? I did that with the waist on mine and was not to loose but enough for me to ask the question to fellow freaks on board. It wiggles just a tad but not terribly bad it is the lower waist

thanks

Last edited:
So I just got my IronMan Mark IV and I was just wondering. Is the armor suppose to have a little bit of weathering on it? Like little silver scratches on it??

yes...its been mentioned like 1,000,000,000,000,000 times give or take

I think the op should put that in the thread title so people will stop asking that!

"Hot Toys -Iron man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec (the scratches are supposed to be there!)"

There are seals on either side that have to be broken to open it. But other than that, you're right.

Even if you open it, you can still sell it MIB. Just not NRFB.

Definition: MIB - Mint In Box, an item in as new condition in its original packaging. Mint in Box items may have been opened and are not the same as NRFB (never removed from box) condition items. The item and it's box are in the same condition as the day they left the factory.

https://miniatures.about.com/od/glossaryofminiatureterms/g/mib.htm

MIB/Mint-in-Box: The item is in the same box it came in from the factory.

NRFB/Never Removed from Box: While NRFB items could be "better than Mint" and often command staggeringly high prices, there are pitfalls. NRFB can actually do damage to some of the vinyls and other plastics in dolls, plastic shoes, and the like. Also, the cardboard can chemically react with doll clothing and fade the back, etc.

https://www.thefreeauction.com/help/glossary.html

sealed items always fetch a bigger crowd and more money, especially for collectors

The term "collector friendly packaging" means that it is possible to put everything back together the way it was when you bought it. And Hot Toys always uses collector friendly packaging.

Although the second quote above says that NRFB items "often command staggeringly high prices" I don't think this really applies to sought after Hot Toys. In many cases just having the figure complete is enough to make you a huge profit.

I know that I personally don't care if an item has been opened and displayed as long as everything is there and in mint/near mint condition. I bought 2 figures this way.

I say open them up and enjoy them. BOTH of them. If you get $15 or $20 less for them 10 years from now because of it, wouldn't it have been worth it to be able to display both heads for that time? :huh

Its so funny how people are thinking the scratches are real, like 'Oh no the metal is showing through the red paint :panic:' when the figure is made out of plastic. :rotfl If it was scratched for real it would be red

Back