Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking a lot about what Iron Man to buy, I'm still undecided between Mark IV and VI. Don't have any HT IM yet, and I only want one definitive version (don't really have the funds for multiples anyway). I don't care about Stark headsculpts or battle damaged parts, as I'd only display him in his undamaged armor. I really like the silver highlights on the Mark VI, but I much prefer the round arch reactor and chest design of the IV. :gah:
Does anybody think it will be possible to interchange the chest plates between the two? The shape of the underlying arch reactor would be different than the one on the chest plate of course, but I don't think it would be very noticeable or really matter to me.

Also interchanging the chest plate would be inaccurate?

I thought someone would mention that. :lol Don't care about accuracy at all though with Iron man, I just want what (to me) looks best. I don't think I wil pre-order them though, so I'll probably wait until both are released and then see if they are interchangeable. Of course maybe some in hand pics will change my mind and I'll just get a "regular" version though.

I thought someone would mention that. :lol Don't care about accuracy at all though with Iron man, I just want what (to me) looks best. I don't think I wil pre-order them though, so I'll probably wait until both are released and then see if they are interchangeable. Of course maybe some in hand pics will change my mind and I'll just get a "regular" version though.

Haha sorry that kind of came out wrong. I was trying to say what karamazov mentioned, might not fit...

I wonder if the BD Mark III chest plate will fit on the Mark IV body. . .

Don't think it would work:

IM2_MarkIV_PR11.jpg

Haha sorry that kind of came out wrong. I was trying to say what karamazov mentioned, might not fit...

Comparing the two in the pictures below, it seems like the actual interchangeable parts are the same overall size. I just noticed that the "tab" on the body just below the chest plate is shaped to fit the appropriate chest plate (triangle on MVI, circle on MIV) though, so I guess that would need some modification, probably too much for me to try. :(

IM2_MarkIV_PR11.jpg

71619250.jpg

I've been thinking a lot about what Iron Man to buy, I'm still undecided between Mark IV and VI. Don't have any HT IM yet, and I only want one definitive version (don't really have the funds for multiples anyway). I don't care about Stark headsculpts or battle damaged parts, as I'd only display him in his undamaged armor. I really like the silver highlights on the Mark VI, but I much prefer the round arch reactor and chest design of the IV. :gah:
Does anybody think it will be possible to interchange the chest plates between the two? The shape of the underlying arch reactor would be different than the one on the chest plate of course, but I don't think it would be very noticeable or really matter to me.

im in the same boat, i think im leaning towards this one.

I thought about that same thing but the bottom point of the mark vi's triangle chest plate can't fit into the much rounder part of the mark iv's:( would've been pretty sick if it could though.:)

As above. Get the MK IV first and then wait for final images of MK VI, if you like VI more than IV just trade up.

Thats what I plan to do anyway as advised by the board a while back.

The PO on this one is almost sold out everywhere, so I decided to go with this one, and I'm still on the fence about getting the VI maquette so I didn't want to get the figure, but I didn't want to miss out on this one. I may plan on doing a hall of suits with these

Back