Hot Toys - IRON MAN - 12 inches MARK II- full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought two Mark 02s from Joe because I was planning on having one masked and one without. With the "masked" one I was thinking about sending just the sliding head to get repainted since it wasn't to be used but the thing is that the helmet HAS rivets. You can't see it from the front view but just out this scan from the DVD:

When you see the sides of the helmet you see the rivet points that don't exist on the Mark 03. A customizer might be able to sand and fill, etc but the price to get it done may not warrant it.

Its a double exclusive meaning you have to get it from ToyHunters one Brick and Mortar store or via SSC. I'd say thats fairly exclusive considering how wide spread the standard will be to other markets.

Im tempted to get a second Mark II just so I can have the open faced helmet repainted for Mark III.. anyone else doing that? What are you going to do with the body?

I am getting an exclusive to keep mint, and a regular to display with the closed face mask. The open face mask sculpt that comes with that figure will be painted like a MkIII.

I bought two Mark 02s from Joe because I was planning on having one masked and one without. With the "masked" one I was thinking about sending just the sliding head to get repainted since it wasn't to be used but the thing is that the helmet HAS rivets. You can't see it from the front view but just out this scan from the DVD:

When you see the sides of the helmet you see the rivet points that don't exist on the Mark 03. A customizer might be able to sand and fill, etc but the price to get it done may not warrant it.

Hey Mike,

The movie version MkII does have rivets like in the screencap. But the MkII figure from Hot Toys does not have rivets on the helmet. They used the same sculpt from the MkIII for the helmet, but forgot to sculpt on rivets. So no worries about having it repainted.

That worries me a bit because its not accurate. Until I see it in hands I'm going to have my fingers crossed that they fix it and make it accurate but if they don't at least the repaint will be easier.

That's true, in Asia this was presented as a 'Toy Hunter' exclusive.
Just how 'exclusive' does that make this??

It is actually very exclusive. Toyhunter membership is pretty limited, they only take in a certain amount per year. So I'm pretty sure you won't see an oversaturation of exclusive IM bust stands.

So does the face plate flip up on the second head, or is it in a fixed position? Either way, looks badass :rock

Typically, they don't release another till the previous one sells out. So I think your hope, is likely to turn into a reality, pretty soon.

im just amazed recently by the success Hot Toys is having with its products, alot of ppl were just going to muy the mark 3 including me, but for some reason this mark 2 looks so sweet even though its mostly a repaint. its not even the exclusive stuff that is luring me

Back