1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Thor in today finally. I'm a huge fan of the Ultimate Thor series, so having a Hot Toys that you can display an MCU style of his Ultimates outfit is a match made in heaven. Absolutely love the way he turned out. If only I had a long haired sculpt to finish off that Ultimates look!
d44cd186c3b1f76ed172aeb61f6e97e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Got my Thor in today finally. I'm a huge fan of the Ultimate Thor series, so having a Hot Toys that you can display an MCU style of his Ultimates outfit is a match made in heaven. Absolutely love the way he turned out. If only I had a long haired sculpt to finish off that Ultimates look!
d44cd186c3b1f76ed172aeb61f6e97e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, the AOU and the TDW heads don’t fit on IW. [emoji30]

Has someone tried putting the Avengers Thor head on the IW yet?
2863be4b7e134a4c65478d87e9522e85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, the AOU and the TDW heads don’t fit on IW. [emoji30]

Has someone tried putting the Avengers Thor head on the IW yet?
2863be4b7e134a4c65478d87e9522e85.jpg

I'm getting mine on Wednesday, I can give it a shot.

Ordered an extra body and arms from toyanxiety and it showed that it was delivered in pheonix today. I’m in MS...

Waiting for a reply from customer service.

BBTS is pricing this guy at $299 rather than $267 retail. Is this going to be a trend going forward with them? I know they did the repricing thing with Hulkbuster, but figured that was a unique circumstance.

BBTS is pricing this guy at $299 rather than $267 retail. Is this going to be a trend going forward with them? I know they did the repricing thing with Hulkbuster, but figured that was a unique circumstance.

They did the same thing with the Blitzway Ghostbusters. Sold thru their original stock priced at $220 to $250, when they got a small 2nd allotment they were priced at $300. I would wager they'll continue to do this, if people are willing to pay the price.

Whenever they sell their original allotment they raise the price for whatever stock they bring in. I'm going to assume that the cost to order stock from sideshow is more expensive once the item is available for them to distribute, because in turn that takes away direct profits from SS (as it isn't an "unlimited" amount of unproduced figures anymore, like the initial PO window). So BBTS pays more for new stock and the price gets marked up.

Now they could just be doing it based on supply/demand but with SS selling it for retail I don't see how that would be in their best interest.

Whenever they sell their original allotment they raise the price for whatever stock they bring in. I'm going to assume that the cost to order stock from sideshow is more expensive once the item is available for them to distribute, because in turn that takes away direct profits from SS (as it isn't an "unlimited" amount of unproduced figures anymore, like the initial PO window). So BBTS pays more for new stock and the price gets marked up.

Now they could just be doing it based on supply/demand but with SS selling it for retail I don't see how that would be in their best interest.

Ah, interesting point about the cost to acquire secondary stock.

It’s probably not in BBTS best interest short term to sell at $300 but once it sells out at SS people will likely move to BBTS soon enough.

Thanks!

Yikes, that’s awful. Mine’s scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully everything goes well.

Do you have progress on UPS as far as the package actually moving? Mine got from Sideshow to LA and then it wasn’t scanned at any other UPS checkpoint after that. But of course they assured me it’d be here on time (today) because there have been delays with scanning updates.

Do you have progress on UPS as far as the package actually moving? Mine got from Sideshow to LA and then it wasn’t scanned at any other UPS checkpoint after that. But of course they assured me it’d be here on time (today) because there have been delays with scanning updates.

I had two figures shipped from Sideshow, same day. Mark IV arrived Monday. Tuesday I get a text about Concept Cap that it will be delivered today on Wednesday and nothing got delivered and UPS tracking hasn’t updated since last Wednesday.

Not sure if this is because of the holidays but usually UPS is spot on with its delivery estimates.

Oh, then that’s odd. Mine went from CA to NJ, so it’s definitely on track (early even, since it was scheduled for Friday).
Best of luck with yours!

Looks like UPS lost my ******* Thor :mad:

I feel your pain homie, the USPS has lost my Deadpool I sent back to my seller for a replacement...what should have been a simple one day delivery is now on 1 week and 2 days now...ugh! :gah:

Well luckily Thor showed back up on the UPS radar for delivery today. It apparently made it cross country without any scans being registered. Gotta love UPS.

Ah, interesting point about the cost to acquire secondary stock.

It’s probably not in BBTS best interest short term to sell at $300 but once it sells out at SS people will likely move to BBTS soon enough.

Thanks!

BBTS has raised prices for years on “hot” items whether hot toys, exclusives, chase figures or something else. It is simple, their goal is maximum profit and I wouldn’t look into it more than that.

Back