1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20181119_032242~2.jpg

I completely love this guy. My favorite figure

So what's HT's rule (if it even has one) when it comes to deciding if a figure gets a neck joint or not? While I do really like the IW Thor I think it would look even better if the neck and head sculpt was one solid piece. That seam just destroys the illusion of a life-like figure.

It probably would never have happened on this particular version of Thor what with that high collar-piece. Some people don't like the kind of head-movement you get when the neck is sculpted with it and here it would be even more limited I would think.

I tolerate ball-joint heads but I certainly understand the criticism, visible joints in that area in particular do spoil the illusion.

Got mine today, but the peg broke off at first try to insert it into the arm... Contacted Sideshow, really hope they will replace the arm.
09dad353de189c5e988a6d34c38be812.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull the broken wrist peg out with needle nose pliers, that’s why HT includes an extra pair of pegs as they sometimes break. The arm itself looks fine.

Pull the broken wrist peg out with needle nose pliers, that’s why HT includes an extra pair of pegs as they sometimes break. The arm itself looks fine.

Tried everything, but it’s completely stuck.

Gonna have to drill, put in a small screw then pull. The arm is fine it’s just the peg. This is why once I put the peg in on my bare arms I left them. No reason to take them out once in

Thanks I’ll try that

Tried it, and it’s still totally stuck in there and can’t even dig it out. Hoping that the customer service will help out. They’ve usually been very helpful.

Gonna have to drill, put in a small screw then pull. The arm is fine it’s just the peg. This is why once I put the peg in on my bare arms I left them. No reason to take them out once in

Yeah, that’s what I’d try after the pliers fail. Had to do that once and it worked so long as the screw is long enough to get good purchase in the plastic.

Dip it in boiling water then pull it out with pliers. The water should soften up the plastic.

Dip it in boiling water then pull it out with pliers. The water should soften up the plastic.
I would probably advise against this on the seamless style. Those arms have a metal socket for the wrist peg. If water gets trapped between the arm and that internal tubing you're asking for rust and damage.

I would probably advise against this on the seamless style. Those arms have a metal socket for the wrist peg. If water gets trapped between the arm and that internal tubing you're asking for rust and damage.

Whoops. Thanks for correcting my post.

Yeah true. With the arms being so fragile it definitely makes removing the peg a lot more difficult.

Back