1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Stormbreaker thing is not a dealbreaker by any means... in certain poses,
you would not know it was even undersized.

Oh well, complainers will complain about everything.

I do agree about the eyepatch, and will be displaying him with it, alongside Rocket and Groot...
screen-accuracy be damned.

I do agree about the eyepatch, and will be displaying him with it, alongside Rocket and Groot...

You make that sound as if "complainers" are complaining about sucha tiny nothing part of the figure and not the main and only weapon of his in the film that got an entire plot point devoted to it. Its more than something to brush off. Its still a hell of a fig. But for this price, his one main accessory should have been correct.

loving these more realistic arms

dxtoysbr_43914564_340907313149054_3970686153838400671_n.jpg

sculpt isnt as tight as the proto..why do they do this lol
dxtoysbr_43319807_174863506779725_754221739413406118_n.jpg

Amazing!

Didn't feel the need for Ragnarok Thor since this was coming out. Definitely doesn't disappoint.

My only assumption is that Stormbreaker with this Thor Hot Toys was sculpted based off concept art, or the final product was revised after photos were already sent to Hot Toys. Probably just changed too late in the game to resculpt or revise. I know it's not 100% accurate in sculpt/scale but overall still looks great.

Are the exposed arms new or the same as the AOU/Ragnarok ones?

Also is that the same head sculpt as the one from Ragnarok + the eye scar, or is it a completely new one? Because some people are saying the likeness isn't as good, and I do agree that it seems a tad bit off...however I'm inclined to believe HT would re-use the Ragnarok head sculpt and just add the scar to it.

I dunno, in some shots the likeness the looks good, but in others not so much. Maybe it's the angles?

My only assumption is that Stormbreaker with this Thor Hot Toys was sculpted based off concept art, or the final product was revised after photos were already sent to Hot Toys. Probably just changed too late in the game to resculpt or revise. I know it's not 100% accurate in sculpt/scale but overall still looks great.

^This

+1

Hello, my name is Victor, and I'm a complainer.
Lol I kid.
Still getting this one. However, at this point, I now hope HT does make a "Quantum Suit" Thor, with a corrected Stormbreaker....

...so I can buy a parted out one.

Saw this on FB

Wow HT really evolved this character over the years . You know what’s missing is first Thor :lol

This is my point... no use in complaining about it, as this is what Marvel approved.
It by no means ruins this figure at all.

Yes, it is his main weapon, but really the handle length is the biggest difference.

As far as the sculpt being "off"... I think these pics speak for themselves. It looks BADASS.

Hello, my name is Victor, and I'm a complainer.
Lol I kid.
Still getting this one. However, at this point, I now hope HT does make a "Quantum Suit" Thor, with a corrected Stormbreaker....

...so I can buy a parted out one.

Agreed. I'm hoping the next iteration will include a correct Stormbreaker that I can snag on its own on evilbay.

Think he looks better with the eye patch...the likeness doesn't seem quite as good without it.

I think the sculpt is very good overall, great/amazing in some angles, but some other angles just good. I think it's really the angle from below that looks off at all to me.

For a brand that is all about accuracy to the films, there's no reason it should be undersized and have a different branching design. Those are easy things to do. I call total BS on it being based on concept art or something like that. This isn't a Hasbro figure being released alongside the movie. It came out 6 months ago, they have time to go back and re-make stuff to be correct.

You make that sound as if "complainers" are complaining about sucha tiny nothing part of the figure and not the main and only weapon of his in the film that got an entire plot point devoted to it. Its more than something to brush off. Its still a hell of a fig. But for this price, his one main accessory should have been correct.

Totally agree. That giant dwarf forged this with his cold dead hands, it should be accurate!

Personally i feel this unacceptable. Remember that the initial photos of the Mark 50 had wings that were literally the promo/ concept art design. After the film came out, they revealed the screen accurate wings highly detailed and all.. THE WINGS lol..that maybe had 10 seconds of blink and you miss screen time. :rotfl Compare that to the weapon thats one of the main plot points for the film thats underscale but more importantly inaccurate detail wise. Makes no sense to me no matter how you swing it (ohh pun!!). And as i always say im still hyped and love this figure but we shouldnt just brush this off like oh they didnt have time or whatever.

Completely agree. I'm still looking forward getting this but I would be completely satisfied if stormbreaker was actually at least close to accurate. As it stands an important part of the package is far less than terrific.

Lol that axe looks pathetic, cancelled

I really don't get this logic... look at the screen caps below.
How big do you want this thing to be guys?

Judging by these pics, it is not that far off! The handle design with the vine wraps
is different, sure. But size-wise? It looks pretty close to me.

hqdefault.jpg

279324133-3.jpg

Compare to this blogger pic:

project_kinoman_43289282_504126890106784_6648199398765510007_n.jpg

Look at this promo art piece, same thing.
It is not twice the size of Thor or anything like that.

c9v01ynool311.jpg

Someone posted a nice picture a couple of pages back that showed the size discrepancy. It's pretty significant. May not bother some, but does irk me a bit like many others here. Still ordered it.

Idk if it's been said before but this sculpt is very inaccurate. You pretty much need the eye patch and beard to cover his face up.

Back