1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk if it's been said before but this sculpt is very inaccurate. You pretty much need the eye patch and beard to cover his face up.

How inaccurate this his face? Maybe a little off model, but again... it looks pretty damn good.

project_kinoman_43425862_538707873238560_8901884712094242384_n.jpg

Looks really good to me and I was worried it wouldn’t after the last update. But as a member stated it probably looked way off before because it was shown without the collar around the neck. This is spot on imo. I just want him in hand NOW! Hurry up SSC and charge me to rest for it

Are the exposed arms new or the same as the AOU/Ragnarok ones?

Also is that the same head sculpt as the one from Ragnarok + the eye scar, or is it a completely new one? Because some people are saying the likeness isn't as good, and I do agree that it seems a tad bit off...however I'm inclined to believe HT would re-use the Ragnarok head sculpt and just add the scar to it.

I dunno, in some shots the likeness the looks good, but in others not so much. Maybe it's the angles?

Totally new arms amazingly. Muscle structure is different, with better veins and more realistic vascularity. Looks much better than the old cartoonish looking arms aou/roadworn/glad has personally.

Did you guys ever stop to think that because of the design of the SB, HT made it smaller because if they made it accurate , the size in plastic might cause the figure to topple over because of the weight

A seamless body joints are a bit thinner than regular TT joints because it’s a wired or metal frame. I had the same issue with my Phicen Red Sonja , that the axe was huge that the figure couldn’t support the weight that the seamless arms would drop down :lecture

Did you guys ever stop to think that because of the design of the SB, HT made it smaller because if they made it accurate , the size in plastic might cause the figure to topple over because of the weight

A seamless body joints are a bit thinner than regular TT joints because it’s a wired or metal frame. I had the same issue with my Phicen Red Sonja , that the axe was huge that the figure couldn’t support the weight that the seamless arms would drop down :lecture

Meh then we simply use the clamp if it would tip without it. I wouldn't care at all. And if they had to make it completely hollow i wouldn't mind. Id gladly sacrifice a little. We know its give and take.

Also anyone compare the new close ups of the headsculpt to the original pics?

Totally new arms amazingly. Muscle structure is different, with better veins and more realistic vascularity. Looks much better than the old cartoonish looking arms aou/roadworn/glad has personally.

Good to hear. I've got AOU and Ragnarok Thor and while the arms were cool, what bothered me was the minor inaccuracy of the vein running behind the tricep...no such vein exists!

Good to hear. I've got AOU and Ragnarok Thor and while the arms were cool, what bothered me was the minor inaccuracy of the vein running behind the tricep...no such vein exists!

Agreed lol, for the longest been wanting to recreate the look of the floating lightning pose from IW..but id feel it would be a waste letting the new arms collect dust in the box hah

The bare arms look killer in the toysyv video. They actually look really natural when bent, unlike so many muscular seamless arms Ive seen. Fair bit of articulation too, I can already see the displays I'll have him set up in.

Anyone know if they commented on what the durability of the arms is like in the video?

Personally I think he looks a lot better lit up without the lightning effects added on, like they had it briefly in their video.
Yup.... The lightning fx make it look a bit toyish

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Someone posted a nice picture a couple of pages back that showed the size discrepancy. It's pretty significant. May not bother some, but does irk me a bit like many others here. Still ordered it.

Glad I ended up getting Gladiator Thor, this one is not for me. Maybe someone will custom a better Stormbreaker, with how many things they have corrected after the first protos are shown, this should have been easy for them to get right

Back