1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree! Let’s just hope they fix Stormbreaker to look like it does in IW (almost as tall as Thor, larger axe/hammer, correct handle).
Agreed! Even if they don’t make stormbreaker bigger atleast fix the handle, and please give us the right eye a different color HT

Agreed! Even if they don’t make stormbreaker bigger atleast fix the handle, and please give us the right eye a different color HT

Honestly, I’m more concerned with the size (that’s what she said :lol) then the handle accuracy. It looks like 3 things need fixing from the prototype, 2 of which have to do with Stormbreaker and, as you mentioned, the right eye color. In order of importance to me: 1, Stormbreaker’s over all size (I mean it was like 5 feet tall in IW) 2, His right eye and lastly 3, The handle accuracy.

Hopefully all 3 are corrected but I’d be happy if just #1 was done. His hammer was huge (yep, she said that too).

That entrance is what got me to PO the figure lol. Gotta give it to Thor, he knows how to make an entrance.

Same! Just put my order in for him. He was easily the MVP of Infinity War. This is my fave version of him too.

If this is due for a Q4 2018 - Q1 2019 release, is there a chance that this figure might release on October - December? What has been the general consensus on Hot Toys release dates?

that concept art is amazing. still cant decide if I want him sleeveless or with sleeves.

View attachment 421343

they both work for this particular look
View attachment 421344

And they really really need to scale up stormbreaker
View attachment 421347

Its MAD small the more we see of the real thing.

Yeah, they had the propmaster from Marvel Studios there at SDCC and he brought all kinds of stuff from the movies to a panel he was doing, including Stormbreaker... up close that really is a big sumabitch.

To be screen size accurate, HT will have to mold it in plastic. Diecast will be a huge strain on Thor's joints.

Hoooooohoho that's pretty dang awesome. I'm very interested to see how short the wavelength of light has to be to cause it to fluoresce. If it's not solely reliant on ultraviolet rays, then you can safely use any short wave blue light to excite it.

Hoooooohoho that's pretty dang awesome. I'm very interested to see how short the wavelength of light has to be to cause it to fluoresce. If it's not solely reliant on ultraviolet rays, then you can safely use any short wave blue light to excite it.

I guess they'll need to re-use that Black Panther display to get something out front to shine back in his eyes. Surely they wouldn't just have it so it works with a torch like he used. Need something that can display longer term.

Is this figure already released/announced ? Seems like an odd addition at this point if it is.

I guess they'll need to re-use that Black Panther display to get something out front to shine back in his eyes. Surely they wouldn't just have it so it works with a torch like he used. Need something that can display longer term.

Is this figure already released/announced ? Seems like an odd addition at this point if it is.

The luminous eyes were announced from the very beginning. Just the first time they are really showing it off

They had one of the show girls use a light on the Neon Iron Man figure at one of the shows and it lit up pretty good so i would guess this would be about the same. I have some small (9 volt battery size) halloween lights that i'm going to try on it when it arrives. They plug in so i could hide them and have them on all the time.

I actually forgot about the eyes until that video.

The luminescent eyes is a feature listed on the product solicitation, however (at least as of now) no kit is actually included. You'll need to supply your own light. Which in itself delivers a new host of questions - we're taught to keep our figures out of UV light, yet this is "UV reactive", which I'm not 100% sold on as they describe it. A LOT of stuff will fluoresce brightly under low enough wavelengths of visisble blue light, but not those considered UV. For example, Luke's green lightsaber and Dr. Strange's time effects glow like no one's business with my Lifx bulb spun to blue, as do tans green and red orange Lego pieces. Neon sticky notes also exhibit this, but it's not potentially damaging UV light, as it doesn't light up a lot of UV reactive stuff, notably teeth. So unless an LED is made to produce UV light, it won't emit it. It'll get close, like 350nm close, but not to UV.

I'm hoping that HT is using UV as a moniker more than anything, as people know what that means and how that works far more than the science background type stuff. It also would make it infinitely easier to display and integrate some safe, blue LEDs into a display rather than UV ones. Black Panther doesn't explicitly say UV in the product listing, just "LUMINOUS REFLECTIVE PATTERNS APPEARING UNDER SPECIALIZED LED LIGHT UNIT" which sort of supports that theory.

Back