1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys need to see this NEW LED testing J.C. posted

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnUBT9aDlNt/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=gxq2t39dx6of

Looks amazing and much brighter than i expected and it put my fears of the lightning looking tacky to rest. They shine really great.. Tho they seemed to have tweaked the sculpt a bit. Man i cant wait for this guy. He seemed to have answered the first few comments. Wish i saw it earlier, woulda asked him if they were planning on updating stomrbreaker haha

You guys need to see this NEW LED testing J.C. posted

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnUBT9aDlNt/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=gxq2t39dx6of

Looks amazing and much brighter than i expected and it put my fears of the lightning looking tacky to rest. They shine really great.. Tho they seemed to have tweaked the sculpt a bit. Man i cant wait for this guy. He seemed to have answered the first few comments. Wish i saw it earlier, woulda asked him if they were planning on updating stomrbreaker haha

It does look fantastic but it sure looks like the beginning of the video has both the LED chest lights on and a “black light” shining on the head and the lightning.

Not that older Thor figures had the best waist articulation but I’m guessing this one will have none because of the chest LED’s.

If HT reads and/or listens to any feedback regarding this figure and if they care, Stormbreaker will have to be changed. The movie prop is over 5 feet tall/long.

It does look fantastic but it sure looks like the beginning of the video has both the LED chest lights on and a “black light” shining on the head and the lightning.

Not that older Thor figures had the best waist articulation but I’m guessing this one will have none because of the chest LED’s.

If HT reads and/or listens to any feedback regarding this figure and if they care, Stormbreaker will have to be changed. The movie prop is over 5 feet tall/long.
Is Hot Toys that far off on the scale for Stormbreaker?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Is Hot Toys that far off on the scale for Stormbreaker?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Well I haven’t seen the prototype in person myself but from the pictures (official and fans), it DEFINITELY looks too small. Not only is the handle too short and the actual axe/hammer too small but the handle is not screen accurate in terms of design.

Stormbreaker, in the movie, didn’t have small vines anywhere on the handle, it really looked like a simple tree branch. I’ll post some comparison pictures in a minute.

Think the head sculpt looked better before whatever tweaks he says he did to the hair and wherever else. Something looks off. Probably unfinished paint? The one in his previous video testing the eyes looked better imo anyways

I think the hair could be spikier in the front, but the headsculpt is at least a bit less Ron Perlman and more Hemsworth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly at this point they might as well wire an LED up to the neck peg and paint over translucent insets for the eyes in the headsculpt so they still illuminate.

mavintoys_38941980_878362322367596_1261541468040855552_n.jpg

SHF seemed to have gotten it stormbreaker right. Cmon hot toys were waiting

Honestly at this point they might as well wire an LED up to the neck peg and paint over translucent insets for the eyes in the headsculpt so they still illuminate.

I have a feeling that's what they're going for. Looks like not enough light is getting up there now from the body armour light sources, so yeah perhaps a dedicated LED to the neck peg is what they need.

Eyes are a tad disappointing. LED to the neck peg has to be the way to go, surely?

As for the sculpt, I like it more than the helmetless Gladiator Thor...but it's still not quite there. That said, has HT ever managed to truly nail Hemsworth's likeness?

I’m also in the camp that feels he just needs to have proper light up eyes. More better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyes are a tad disappointing. LED to the neck peg has to be the way to go, surely?

As for the sculpt, I like it more than the helmetless Gladiator Thor...but it's still not quite there. That said, has HT ever managed to truly nail Hemsworth's likeness?

I think the HS of TDW is quite spot on.

PD13831246526dh.jpg

I never use the light up features in any of these so i like how they are doing it. I can have a small light in the corner making his eyes glow for hours instead of just a few minutes after messing up a cool pose to pull his head off and flip a switch.

Screenshot_2018-09-06-01-31-22.jpg

Lol J.C. Hong just liked my comment asking if they will be updating stormbreaker. Fingers crossed for real now :impatient::rotfl

Sorry if the pic comes out super small. Dunno why it does that sometimes lol.

View attachment 425702

Lol J.C. Hong just liked my comment asking if they will be updating stormbreaker. Fingers crossed for real now :impatient::rotfl

Sorry if the pic comes out super small. Dunno why it does that sometimes lol.

Not to be a buzz kill but he likes everyone's comments. I think I posted a critical, borderline negative comment regarding the Mk. V DC Tony headsculpt and he liked it, sooo... :dunno

Not to be a buzz kill but he likes everyone's comments. I think I posted a critical, borderline negative comment regarding the Mk. V DC Tony headsculpt and he liked it, sooo... :dunno

Sooo nothing, as long as enough ppl put the stormbreaker thing in their nose and they potentially see it, im good with the hope lol. Thats all we can do when it comes to that change.

I would think the tooling for stormbreaker is done and they probably are not going to change from whatever they decided on this late in production.

I would think the tooling for stormbreaker is done and they probably are not going to change from whatever they decided on this late in production.
I see them probably fixing the handle as far as getting rid of the vines wrapped around the handle but doubt they will resize the entire hammer

I see them probably fixing the handle as far as getting rid of the vines wrapped around the handle but doubt they will resize the entire hammer

id be good with the size staying as long as they remove the vines. tho its a good figure regardless. and i can see some ppl making a more accurate custom if anything

Back