1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for Infinity War Thor owners and/or someone with some electrical know how, can I run Thors LEDs from a Universal AC to DC mains adapter at 3v or 4.5v, I know the batteries are 1.5 v each but I'm sure I read somewhere that the LED's cant be operated at 'normal' 4.5v because of some electrical 'stuff', any advice would be appreciated, don't want to blow the lights.

The diecast IM figures are supposed to run on 4.5v as well, but I have all mine hooked up to an adaptor set at just 3v, which makes the lights plenty bright enough. And I'll be doing the same with this Thor when it arrives as well.

Having asked the same thing a few hundred pages back, the options I narrowed it down to were either acrylic laquer or fabric tape (you know like the kind you have on the underside of chess pieces) that you cut carefully around the back of the eyepatch.
The fabric tape is an interesting idea.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It's a custom metal stormbreaker...its the concept for the finished hammer...what it would have looked like without groot's arm

Full metal customs...its not cheap though! It's really big, based off of the bad tomato hammer size wise....all stainless steel but they made it hollow so it really does not weigh that much at all.
20190810_113642.jpg

Full metal customs...its not cheap though! It's really big, based off of the bad tomato hammer size wise....all stainless steel but they made it hollow so it really does not weigh that much at all.
View attachment 464233
How "not cheap" are we talking? I see they do a movie version, too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You would have to reach out to them...becouse mine was the first one they had done....it cost more than what it will probably cost people buying it now...but its alot of hours and labour all hand made...its probably going to cost upwards of 6-700...but I dont know for sure you would have to ask...its expensive sure but it's an amazing piece

I feel ya...I was planning on holding off PO'ing WM until much later in the year, but now that it's released I have to figure out when I need to pull the trigger that will work with my wallet. :gah:

yeah, no signs of Thor re-issue or even Captain Marvel release at all. have CM on pre-order but not Thor yet as i was waiting for some rewards points and coupon codes if possible... we'd have seen deliveries in HK by now if Sideshow's schedule sticks. :impatient:

i think i'll pull the trigger on WM soon and purchase Thor outright later in the year. my IM Mk45 is miffed that Mjolnir and Stormbreaker (BT) has been delivered and are trashing his place... :gimli:computer

Hey, who is the member who does the awesome Thor "real hair" customs? I'm narrowing down my Thor collection and would like to get one of the custom sculpts that has the "real" hair. If anyone knows, I'd be grateful for the info.

Hey, who is the member who does the awesome Thor "real hair" customs? I'm narrowing down my Thor collection and would like to get one of the custom sculpts that has the "real" hair. If anyone knows, I'd be grateful for the info.

I would also love to know if anyone has the details.

Back