1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered this re-issue after having spent the last year and a half debating getting this figure.

Although I'm likely to display this figure with Mjolnir, I think I'll try and get the eventually EG axe parted out. The axe included with this figure just doesn't do the job.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I ordered this re-issue after having spent the last year and a half debating getting this figure.

Although I'm likely to display this figure with Mjolnir, I think I'll try and get the eventually EG axe parted out. The axe included with this figure just doesn't do the job.

I'm getting this version too instead of the EG Thor. What're the chances of getting the parted out in-scale axe? Do you think HT would sell a separate accessory for the correct Stormbreaker? Last option would be the Bad Tomato version...

Yeah I think this is the one I'd rather have too. Fat Thor was fun to watch in the movie, but seems like something that would look a bit goofy and distracting in my collection.

I could be interested in the head sculpt. Hemsworth didn’t actually gain the weight so his face should be normal. Not s bad look with the cool Viking braids.

3CCC39D7-5903-49A8-AD20-01E751915ACD.jpg6868CD17-7DA4-4522-B1C9-396B523E9349.jpg

I'm getting this version too instead of the EG Thor. What're the chances of getting the parted out in-scale axe? Do you think HT would sell a separate accessory for the correct Stormbreaker? Last option would be the Bad Tomato version...

I'm gunning on Toy Anxiety to part it out, I'mma rush that when Fat Thor gets released.

I'm gunning on Toy Anxiety to part it out, I'mma rush that when Fat Thor gets released.

so far, it looks like it's gonna be a while before Bro Thor gets officially announced and actually released... my OCD will really kill me so i think i'll just go with the Bad Tomato axe. should come in time when i order IW Thor re-release.

i was originally against getting the bigger stormbreaker, cause i didn’t think i needed it....

i eventually caved in & it arrived today

d283e6cf7ca0484c4a2d0ddd66d41a87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for Infinity War Thor owners and/or someone with some electrical know how, can I run Thors LEDs from a Universal AC to DC mains adapter at 3v or 4.5v, I know the batteries are 1.5 v each but I'm sure I read somewhere that the LED's cant be operated at 'normal' 4.5v because of some electrical 'stuff', any advice would be appreciated, don't want to blow the lights.

Question for Infinity War Thor owners and/or someone with some electrical know how, can I run Thors LEDs from a Universal AC to DC mains adapter at 3v or 4.5v, I know the batteries are 1.5 v each but I'm sure I read somewhere that the LED's cant be operated at 'normal' 4.5v because of some electrical 'stuff', any advice would be appreciated, don't want to blow the lights.

you can run it with DC adapter matching the total battery voltage, be it 3v or 4.5v. idk how many for Thor, but i'm following the thread since i'm getting him later. i think what you saw before may have been a discussion using USB adapter since those are 5v fixed and a little too high for LEDs and would burn it out. for the USB adapter, you need to add a resistor in the circuit to lower the 5v to 4.5v or 3v, whichever you need (Iron Man Hot Toys use three batteries, 4.5v)

you can run it with DC adapter matching the total battery voltage, be it 3v or 4.5v. idk how many for Thor, but i'm following the thread since i'm getting him later. i think what you saw before may have been a discussion using USB adapter since those are 5v fixed and a little too high for LEDs and would burn it out. for the USB adapter, you need to add a resistor in the circuit to lower the 5v to 4.5v or 3v, whichever you need (Iron Man Hot Toys use three batteries, 4.5v)

Thanks for that info.

My IW Thor arrive this morning and my goodness he is something special I've not been this impressed with a figure for some time (and I have the Ironman MK50) I watched all the reviews looked at all the pictures but even still he is so much better in person...it just oozes presence, I can't quite believe it's so good, I'm so happy right now..lol

I seem to recall there was some talk about paitnrub from the eye path. Since I intend to display mine this way, is this a real concern? And if so, any workarounds?

I seem to recall there was some talk about paitnrub from the eye path. Since I intend to display mine this way, is this a real concern? And if so, any workarounds?

Having asked the same thing a few hundred pages back, the options I narrowed it down to were either acrylic laquer or fabric tape (you know like the kind you have on the underside of chess pieces) that you cut carefully around the back of the eyepatch.

Back