1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
56619F2F-8593-43AC-9732-D3A4DAD211CE.jpg78BD28A5-C0DE-49F1-9A0B-C3ED68181799.jpgC897CC36-7FB1-4C3A-A224-0AB9C9659A1C.jpgC98F5737-4F82-4481-B279-8973521E2749.jpgC7D043B7-014F-4CF4-98D5-A991E8336382.jpg

So,
Anyone know if these new bare arms fit any other Hot Toys body?

s-l1600.jpg

Hoping the answer is something a bit more modern than Dutch. I just haven't been keeping that close attention to newer releases and their updated bodytypes.
The plan was just to upgrade TDW with new arms and head, but didn't come to check it first. Only to find out it's on a different mechanism.

They might fit if I break it down far enough, but somehow that doesen't sound very appealing to me even though I tinkered my fair share with HT bodies.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Found this new promo art online. Really love this look with viking thor..sans the gut haha

avengers_endgame_thor_stormbreaker_notebook-rfe723af70d6f4b5da5345534fb68f666_evew0_630.jpg

Really curious if HT actually makes this guy

Wish I could find this full pic in high quality
avengers_endgame_thor_stormbreaker_postcard-r24487210ccdb411ea45431dd1c289513_vgbaq_8byvr_540.jpg

I took the bare arms from IW and swapped them into another body to build a second Gladiator Thor with these better arms. It’s a bunch of work, the simplest way is to swap TDW over to a full IW body.

That's what I figured.
This one seems to be different from the Dutch-body aswell.
Like they did it on purpose. The balljoint is smaller (easy fix) and comes out too far (the problem).

So, is the body armor removable on this figure?
As I kinda would've liked to keep the TDW armor.

The armor is always removable, if your willing to take the time to break the glue joints apart. I haven’t taken TDW or IW apart, just Gladiator a couple times. I would search the TDW thread and see if anyone has or has posted pictures of it apart. I think Skyler posted his TDW on IW body in there too.

The armor is always removable, if your willing to take the time to break the glue joints apart. I haven’t taken TDW or IW apart, just Gladiator a couple times. I would search the TDW thread and see if anyone has or has posted pictures of it apart. I think Skyler posted his TDW on IW body in there too.

Ok. Thanx.
The reason I asked was 'cause I haven't seen it without the armor anywhere:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Usually if it's remoavable eBay-sellers have torn it down.
Thought it might have been scupted to the body, but I guess it's soft rubber as the others then?

Need to check the TDW-thread.

Nope. Nothing in the TDW-thread?

I’ll see if I can find photos of his conversion. The light up feature is probably why that body is always sold partially broke down. The armor should come off, it’s just a case of having that light up chest under there, I’ll look at my IW Thor and see if there are seams to break apart or not.

I’ll see if I can find photos of his conversion. The light up feature is probably why that body is always sold partially broke down. The armor should come off, it’s just a case of having that light up chest under there, I’ll look at my IW Thor and see if there are seams to break apart or not.

I was wrong it was AOU not TDW he converted. Should still be similar operation though. Here’s a link to the page:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-thor-collectible-figure-326.html#post9996044

Thanx for this, maybe skyler2702 could give me some pointers if I get ahold of him.

Yeah the upper body armor on IW seems to be molded as one piece and installed over the body before the arms go in. At any rate I couldn’t find seams like are present on the other Thor’s chest armor. I imagine it could be cut off still. Skylar2702 would be the one to ask.

So I went and did a thing...I found full metal customs and they are making me a stormbreaker based on what it would have looked like with a finished handle...the concept is from an art book....its not completed yet but I'm pretty stoked
received_440492703193049.jpgreceived_717730955323224.jpg

That is awesome! Full Metal does amazing work. I have their Hannibal Lecter dolly and the detail is phenomenal.

In the case of their Stormbreaker, wouldn't that be a pretty heavy piece for Thor's arm to hold over time?

Is it just me or is the likeness not all the way there on this one? I've debated about buying him when he first released and then on the second market many times but I'm just not seeing as much Chris H. as I would like to for the price.

Different in person maybe?

Back