1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt they will make EG thor very much doubt it they might release the other one but not this one two much reengineering.

I think they made have shown all the figures they were going to show in previews .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spoiler Spoiler:

Few more shots of EG Thor

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can see why many are not fans of EG Thor however I think he looks great!

Spoiler Spoiler:

So I got on the SS waitlist for this and now it's says the waitlist is full. Does that mean I'll eventually get one, or does it go in order of who waitlisted first until there are no more left?

Glad I got mine in the mail from Sideshow last week. I had been eying him for a while and figured that anything coming out of Endgame for Thor wasn't going to be any better or interest me enough to buy him.

After seeing Endgame Thor, I really hope that Hot Toys actually makes him, as the design and characterization they gave him, really makes me want one now! He's been the best character in each film since Ragnarok!

Did anyone know if they even listed him as low stock? I feel like he went straight to waitlist without the usual text on the page indicating low stock. I got mine about a month ago but I was tracking for a long time as I was on the edge and waiting to see if that ever popped up on the product page.

When I finally bit the bullet and ordered him last Wednesday (4/24) there was not a low stock notice on the page. It was waitlisted by Friday (4/26).

There WAS a low stock warning Wednesday night. Tuesday evening / Wednesday morning there was not. I had been waiting to see End Game to determine whether I wanted to order him. I checked Wednesday night (4/24) to ensure that all was still good stock wise and there was in red text like "Act fast, very few left" or something to that extent. I decided to just lock an order in to be safe and tossed him in my cart. Went through the checkout process, hit submit order, and it brought me back to a page that said he was no longer in stock. I immediately joined the waitlist, so hopeful I will get one as I should be one of the first on the list (if not the first). Either way, when they tossed the low stock warning up, he must have sold out within hours at the longest.

I doubt they will make EG thor very much doubt it they might release the other one but not this one two much reengineering.

I think they made have shown all the figures they were going to show in previews .

HT isn't Hasbro and is worried about the cost of re-engineering a figure. They make one off figures with lots of new molding that never gets used again all the time. They'll absolutely make an EG Thor; it's not going to be as difficult as some of you are making it out to be.

Holy crap you seen the Ebay prices for this guy now??

I thought Road Worn Thor was bad but this is bonkers
Should have bit ages ago.

Guess I'll just go back now & get AoU Thor...unless they do make an EG version

Snooze & lose I guess.

Neil

Holy crap you seen the Ebay prices for this guy now??

I thought Road Worn Thor was bad but this is bonkers
Should have bit ages ago.

Guess I'll just go back now & get AoU Thor...unless they do make an EG version

Snooze & lose I guess.

Neil
It feeds in to my previous post since he has not been shown yet either people think this is the last thor we will see or the hate the EG version . Since they are similar if do decide to make them both they might do a double pack of him.

But I highly doubt they will make him which is a shame

There WAS a low stock warning Wednesday night. Tuesday evening / Wednesday morning there was not. I had been waiting to see End Game to determine whether I wanted to order him. I checked Wednesday night (4/24) to ensure that all was still good stock wise and there was in red text like "Act fast, very few left" or something to that extent. I decided to just lock an order in to be safe and tossed him in my cart. Went through the checkout process, hit submit order, and it brought me back to a page that said he was no longer in stock. I immediately joined the waitlist, so hopeful I will get one as I should be one of the first on the list (if not the first). Either way, when they tossed the low stock warning up, he must have sold out within hours at the longest.

That tracks with my experience, I just looked at my order confirmation email and it was time stamped at 1:47pm Central time. It's crazy how fast he went. If you didn't care for EG Thor, it'll be like 4-5 years before they'd ship a possible Thor from any possible future movie so I'm sure that played into people's mindset.

so how's the update on the bad tomato ex? its still bending ? which version is better electronic or regular plastic?

I'll be getting my IW Thor delivered tomorrow and I would also love to hear opinions on the BT stormbreaker.

It feeds in to my previous post since he has not been shown yet either people think this is the last thor we will see or the hate the EG version . Since they are similar if do decide to make them both they might do a double pack of him.

But I highly doubt they will make him which is a shame

Unfortunately I think you're right.
I'm yet to see EG (not even seen a trailer yet) so I'm unaware of Thors look in the film but I think this may have been the last one we'll get & I'll be forever kicking myself for not grabbing him now...thing is it's not like I haven't had long enough lol

I think I just assumed that like all the other movies we were bound to get another or this one wouldn't sell out period.

Sadly I think I'm wrong on both counts now ;)

Neil

I'll be getting my IW Thor delivered tomorrow and I would also love to hear opinions on the BT stormbreaker.

Their axe is much better to scale, the paint is not terrible and sculpting is fairly detailed however; there are quality issues with the handle bending on some pieces. I have two and they bother are fine. The biggest gripe with the led version is the need to for a battery in the axe so the cover can stick since it is magnetized, a bit of a pain.

Considering there are no other alternatives and the HT axe while nicely detailed looks like a cos-player accessory for scale, the BT makes for a better display piece with the strongest avenger.

Last edited:

There were certain characters and appearances that no manufacturer was allowed to show because it would be a spoiler. I believe it's embargoed till May 5th.

Thor's EG appearance is a big spoiler so there wasn't any merchandise of it; just the IW look. Even toys of him in the quantum suit had his IW head and BMI.

Hot Toys will undoubtedly make an EG Thor. He is too important not to.

To quote the Internet: Oh lawd, he comin'.

Back