1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we've all gotten used to Chris with short dark hair, but the comic character (Thor) just doesn't feel right to me without his long blond hair.

I've never picked up a Thor yet, but I think I may have to go back a ways to get me an iconic Thor.

I feel ya, that's why I made it a point to hunt down AOU Thor as I thought that was a pretty definitive and iconic look. The head sculpt was pretty darn good in terms of likeness...my only gripe would be the skin tone. They made Thor tan AF! Like I know he's blonde and has long hair, but he's not a surfer dude Hot Toys!!! Lighten up his pigmentation!

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice.

I found a comparison video by Justin that sort of caught me up on the variants for the most part. I'd agree that AoU or TDW are more what I'd like on the shelf as an iconic Thor (since I would only have one Thor).

But I prefer the TDW head sculpt over the AOU

That's interesting. Another video I watched comparing AoU to TDW sure made the AoU sculpt look better to me. That said, I do like the open mouth.

For the most part, both are very close -- but I think personally I like the darker cape and the crisper details on the AoU Thor. I also prefer the exposed arms on the AoU rather than the armored arms of TDW (the light armor might be harder to find at this point).

Thanks again guys.

Someone posted a pic of that several pages back. Not sure who it was but the neck on IW body would not allow the AOU ahead to go all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a comparison video by Justin that sort of caught me up on the variants for the most part. I'd agree that AoU or TDW are more what I'd like on the shelf as an iconic Thor (since I would only have one Thor).

That's interesting. Another video I watched comparing AoU to TDW sure made the AoU sculpt look better to me. That said, I do like the open mouth.

For the most part, both are very close -- but I think personally I like the darker cape and the crisper details on the AoU Thor. I also prefer the exposed arms on the AoU rather than the armored arms of TDW (the light armor might be harder to find at this point).

Thanks again guys.

Im also someone who only picks one iconic version. I also went for the AoU Thor for exactly the points you mentioned. Long hair. Exposed seamless arms, still with iconic Cape. Headsculpt is perhaps a little outdated but still acceptable and the best with long hair.

AOU Thor headsculpt is the same as the Roadworn correct? Just painted differently? I do agree, it’s the best long haired sculpt.
Not 100% but the likeness is there. I got lucky with my Roadworn so I have him and this which I think together is a good representation of the character. That being said if he gets some awesome classic suit in EG I’ll upgrade. Thor & Ironman are the only ones I’m willing to own multiples of

Right now I have both IW and AoU Thor. I haven't decided if I'll sell AoU, since I like Thor with long hair. IW version is the most well made Thor yet, solid figure and just looks tough.

I've been trying to track down a Ragnarok Thor sculpt so I can put a helmet on him.

The LED one isn’t terribly heavy but a bit of the weight is the battery and the magnet so I’d assume without the 3 gram 2032 plus the magnet plus the electronics, it’s going to be pretty light.

Just did a quick weigh-in:
HT’s Diecast Mjölnir. - 47.5 grams
HT’s IW Stormbreaker - 22 grams
BT LED Thunderaxe - 47 grams (42 grams without battery and magnetic cover)

Unsurprisingly, the diecast Mjölnir is the heaviest of all so if your figures can hold that weight then either LED or non BT should be fine. Personally, I’ll never use the HT Stormbreaker on display unless I setup a custom Avengers weapons vault.

Thanks for the detailed info! Interesting to see that lil' Mjolnir is as heavy as BT SB and interesting that the batteries weigh that much. Even though they weigh the same I'm wondering if the figure holds Mjolnir easier because it's more compact. I saw in Xeno's vid that BT SB makes the hand wobble and swivel at the wrist is certain positions. I guess I'll see soon enough

Thanks again guys.

I have every Thor except the first from the solo movie, and I'd agree that if you're going to choose one as a definitive Thor, it's the AoU. The DW is also good but the paint job on the AoU sculpt is much better (better likeness between the two is subjective), and there are other little improvements that I feel edges out the DW if you're looking to choose one

More good advice, guys, thank you.

I'll definitely be waiting to see what Endgame brings... but after 10 years I'm beginning to think I might like a Marvel shelf with some of the key players. Not all by any means -- no room for Hulk and I don't want to go as deep as Hawkeye or Fury or Agent Coulson, etc -- but since I'm likely to get Armored Thanos I think he may need to few more heroes to look down upon besides Iron Man. :lol

Thinking about adding these four with Iron Man VI:
Capt America
Thor
Dr. Strange
Black Widow

My choice for my one and only Thor - at least until Endgame - is Gladiator Thor. From a character arc perspective across all movies to date, I like the representation of Thor discovering his true potential/powers and himself as a person. I love both scenes where he lightning punches Hulk, and lands on the rainbow bridge fully charged.

2j3h91g.jpg

Eventually I might put him in this pose... just need to find a decent clear flight stand! - any advice?

b78cd9e68766dd619790830a0c4c66fd.gif

Here is my version of StormBreaker by Bad Tomato.
It has been completely repainted to have the same color as the Hot Toys version and the joints of the 2 parts have been filled.

190410105012683532.jpg

190410105011242632.jpg

190410105011804204.jpg

190410105012259167.jpg

190410105012940996.jpg

Do both the versions of the BT storm breaker (light up vs regular) have an issue of warping if left hanging on its side? Or is it just the light up one due to the weight of the light up feature?

Thanks in advance!!!

Honestly I completely agree. The headsculpt really holds the figure back for me, especially when compared to smaller stuff like the Figuarts.

Gonna have to third that opinion. Was hoping for maybe an EG version with updated sculpt, but doubt that will happen. Hopefully a commemorative V2 of the original Thor or A1 figure with new sculpt will happen as the Ragnarok figures seem to have the best likeness, but I dislike the overall figures.

It is possible to get a semi-decent Hemsworth likeness using the eye patch and some dramatic lighting (someone posted a good photo quite a few pages back)...but straight out of the box the likeness isn't great, imo.

For me, Gladiator Thor with the helmet is about the closest HT have come to capturing Hemsworth in 1/6.

Here is my version of StormBreaker by Bad Tomato.
It has been completely repainted to have the same color as the Hot Toys version and the joints of the 2 parts have been filled.
If it interests someone I am one to sell version without light and also repainted for 75$.
Contact me by PM if you are interested

190410105012683532.jpg

190410105011242632.jpg

190410105011804204.jpg

190410105012259167.jpg

190410105012940996.jpg

Amazing

Back