1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They better.
I missed out on IW version for reasonable money so had been hoping they do an Endgame version so I can make up for my mistake
Sideshow still has IW Thor available if you want to right this mistake! Then again, maybe you should wait and see if HT does re-release this figure with a more screen accurate Stormbreaker?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

i’m not saying they won’t release an Endgame Thor i’m saying do you think they’ll release one that’s NOT in the quantum suit.

every piece of marketing material i’ve seen with him is either in his IW suit or the white quantum suit

we have seen maybe 10-15 seconds of him out of a 3 hour movie.

Just sold this Thor, bought it when it came out but it just sat on the shelf. Looks amazing but the giraffe neck and unatural raised arms put me off wanting to keep it.

With Iron Man and Cap both getting new outfits (perhaps outfits from the future), I fully expect Thor to have a different look at some point in the film. He’s going to go on a massive journey as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the images released of Thor are misdirection.

Of course he's getting a new outfit :lol

the_big_three__avengers_4_by_gasa979_dcs6fzp-fullview.jpg

Seriously though, I don't see what the point of keeping a new thor outfit a secret to the point of misdirecting people, what purpose would that serve?

I can't recall a time in the MCU when a characters outfit gave away spoilers. Even Iron Man Mk50's accessories didn't give anything away that wasn't already in the trailers. What exactly would/could be spoiled with an outfit change?

I'm not trying to be difficult, that just makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Just sold this Thor, bought it when it came out but it just sat on the shelf. Looks amazing but the giraffe neck and unatural raised arms put me off wanting to keep it.

Cant fathom what you were smoking. This guy is an absolute King

20190408_172333.jpg

Just ordered the LED BT today. I saw on some reviews that it's a little heavy. Does anyone know if the non-LED one is significantly lighter?

The LED one isn’t terribly heavy but a bit of the weight is the battery and the magnet so I’d assume without the 3 gram 2032 plus the magnet plus the electronics, it’s going to be pretty light.

Just did a quick weigh-in:
HT’s Diecast Mjölnir. - 47.5 grams
HT’s IW Stormbreaker - 22 grams
BT LED Thunderaxe - 47 grams (42 grams without battery and magnetic cover)

Unsurprisingly, the diecast Mjölnir is the heaviest of all so if your figures can hold that weight then either LED or non BT should be fine. Personally, I’ll never use the HT Stormbreaker on display unless I setup a custom Avengers weapons vault.

What is the BEST Thor?

Too subjective In my opinion. Obviously the one from Thor 1 doesn’t hold up to today’s standards and the Avengers 1 had some issues as well. But all releases until Ragnarok were basically the same thing, even Roadworn Thor was mostly the same (but is still one of my favorites). Gladiator Thor is cool as a figure and another of my favorites, but is so specific that it doesn’t really mix well with ones from other movies. I’d have to throw in IW Thor up there with the rest of the best because of the many accessories, great headsculpt and the look under black light (which makes me wonder why they even bothered with the chest LEDS).

I know we've all gotten used to Chris with short dark hair, but the comic character (Thor) just doesn't feel right to me without his long blond hair.

I've never picked up a Thor yet, but I think I may have to go back a ways to get me an iconic Thor.

If you want an iconic Thor, then TDW (light & heavy armor) or AOU versions are the closest to me (I'm a big Thor fan. Has always been my favorite Marvel character). I never picked up the AOU cause I got suckered into buying both TDW versions. But I prefer the TDW head sculpt over the AOU one and the bronzy colored accents over the silver from AOU, even though silver would be more comic book accurate. And the light armor TDW looks better without the blue under shirt he has on under the AOU armor. Which is more comic accurate on the TDW Thor's. I did pick up a parted out light up hammer from the AOU Thor though.

I also have the original and the Avenger's Thor. Don't like the gladiator look at all. I have him in a 6" figure. That's good enough for me.

Road Worn Thor is nice too, but prices are out of hand. Kinda sorry I missed that one but won't lose sleep over it.. I passed on this guy too, as I really don't like short haired Thor (as above with Gladiator Thor, I'm content with a 6" version).

Was so hoping the SS comic Thor would've nailed it, but the body/build is way too small. And that price of $250 was laughable.

I know we've all gotten used to Chris with short dark hair, but the comic character (Thor) just doesn't feel right to me without his long blond hair.

I've never picked up a Thor yet, but I think I may have to go back a ways to get me an iconic Thor.

Honestly, if you want an MCU iconic Thor, I don't think you can go wrong with the IW one. He has presence. Now he lacks some of the traditional tones of the comic look, but if you're not particularly attached to that theme, I don't think you should limit yourself to that. If you must go for that, your best bet is gonna be the AOU or Dark World variants, both of which I believe are fairly attainable these days. A lot of folks prefer the Dark World sculpt as well. I'd suggest the Roadworn variant as he's my favorite, but getting one these days isn't going to be easy or cheap.

lol loki2371 beat me by the time it took me to type my response and said the same thing. I still say if you're not committed to the long hair or hammer, you'll love the IW one.

Would you guys think to pick up IW Thor now or wait and see how Endgame fairs out? (if there's a new version of his suit)

Would you guys think to pick up IW Thor now or wait and see how Endgame fairs out? (if there's a new version of his suit)

At this point, might be worth it to wait it out. It's only a few weeks away, and I doubt the IW Thor will sell out in that time.... But, you never know...

Back