1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who does not have a Thor figure yet(only having 3 MCU hot toys) would this one be the definitive one to get if only getting one?

if it helps i bought my first hot toys about 10 months ago i bought a diecast mark 3 in a comic book shop. i never unboxed it because i heard mixed reviews and didn’t know if i was going to keep it.

i think about 2-3 months later people started receiving their mark 6 and it was getting stellar reviews. i ended up going to another place and buying one and unboxed it and it was amazing.

i thought i was going to continue the trend and just keep to iron man because i have an addictive personality and knew i would get out of control if i didn’t stick to iron man lol

after rewatching infinity war i felt like i needed thor. ragnarok is probably my favorite MCU movie and i would have to debate now whether iron man or thor is my favorite character. to make a long story short i ordered thor off of sideshow because of how amazing the character is now and the figure got amazing reviews.

i haven’t unboxed him yet i’m waiting for a time maybe this weekend where i can just relax and enjoy the unboxing and setting him up

sorry for rambling but my point is i have only 3 hot toys(i have markL on pre order) and wasn’t even going to stray from collecting iron man and i couldn’t help but get my hands on a thor.

As someone who does not have a Thor figure yet(only having 3 MCU hot toys) would this one be the definitive one to get if only getting one?
As someone who has all the Thor releases by HT, I would say this is my favorite.

As far as definitive, that's up to taste. Some consider Thor with long hair and chainmail to be a better representation. I don't mind the short hair.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

if it helps i bought my first hot toys about 10 months ago i bought a diecast mark 3 in a comic book shop. i never unboxed it because i heard mixed reviews and didn’t know if i was going to keep it.

i think about 2-3 months later people started receiving their mark 6 and it was getting stellar reviews. i ended up going to another place and buying one and unboxed it and it was amazing.

i thought i was going to continue the trend and just keep to iron man because i have an addictive personality and knew i would get out of control if i didn’t stick to iron man lol

after rewatching infinity war i felt like i needed thor. ragnarok is probably my favorite MCU movie and i would have to debate now whether iron man or thor is my favorite character. to make a long story short i ordered thor off of sideshow because of how amazing the character is now and the figure got amazing reviews.

Same here. I got started with the Mark VI iron man and planned to stick only with Iron Man. Infinity War changed all that. I PO’d most of the line. Ragnarok also being my favorite MCU movie (it never gets old) I was able to track down a Roadworn Thor (imo one of the best Thor hot Toys next to IW version. I feel having both is the right amount of Thor in my collection.

As someone who has all the Thor releases by HT, I would say this is my favorite.

As far as definitive, that's up to taste. Some consider Thor with long hair and chainmail to be a better representation. I don't mind the short hair.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Agreed. I have every Hot Toy Thor aside from the sleeveless (LA) version from The Dark World, and this is my favourite. Is it the definitive MCU Thor? no, I wouldn't think so. Short hair, optional eye patch look, no Mjolnir. If Age of Ultron looked more like Hemsworth and was up to the standard of Gladiator and Infinity Thor, it would be the "definitive" Thor.

as much as i would love to get my hands on a roadworn thor, i can’t not see Brad Pitt every time i look at his figure.

also the fact that it’s hitting $650+ on ebay has a lot to do with not buying one lol

as much as i would love to get my hands on a roadworn thor, i can’t not see Brad Pitt every time i look at his figure.

also the fact that it’s hitting $650+ on ebay has a lot to do with not buying one lol

Wow, it's really gone up. Dang. My husband really wants that one. But we have this Thor which is amazing.

The outfit and hair are somewhat reminiscent of Pitt's Achilles from Troy, but otherwise I'm not seeing it...

Bring me Thanos! Absolutely love this figure!
50458314_822521451421303_162167463901921280_n.jpg

This Thor doesn't come with Mjolnir which could constitute it not being the best by some. It depends on which is your favorite movie? Which movie did you prefer Thor the most? Which hammer do you want? Which hair do you want? Do you prefer chainmail or sleeveless? (IW Thor comes with both)

I own all the Thors as well and, to me, the most definitive version is the chain-mail Dark World figure. This is long hair, chain-mail Thor with mjolnir, a poncho and a great head sculpt.

However, I believe IW Thor to be the best version of Thor on film. The guy tanks a neutron star, pretty much owns the Battle of Wakanda and almost kills an IG powered Thanos. So owning this figure is owning his greatests moments. It comes with more options than any other and the bells and whistles it comes with are amazing.

If I had to rate the Thor's based on all around I would go:

1. Thor TDW chainmail version
2. IW Thor
3. Gladiator Thor
4. Roadworn Thor
5. AoU Thor
6. Avengers Thor
7. Thor film version

Looking great! Mine is still in transit but should hopefully arrive by the end of the week. I forgot, but did anyone post what batteries are needed for this? I collect so many figures and statues that have light ups that there is a good chance I have the correct type of batteries since I always buy spares.

EDIT: Nevermind, CR2032: some of the most common “small batteries”. This this must really be huge if the 2032’s fit inside!

I got mine today... just gotta get the battery for it now. Looks so much better.

View attachment 443109

Well thanks to everyone who showed the bad tomato axe, went to giantoys and ordered as well as the tony stark IW outfit. Girlfriend may not be getting those flowers next week afterall. :)

Back