1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thor is also one of few of our heroes familiar with what the Infinity stones are too.

Edit: As for the power coming from within or enhanced by the weapons, the movies have always been a little unclear with regard to the power of Asgardian weaponry, other than whoever can weild the hammer shall weild the "power of Thor". Aside from Odin giving a glimpse of his power a couple of times (again, how much of that is him or the weapon?), Gungnir never really seemed that special on screen. (I don't know the comics or indeed they mythology to know how special it may or not may be)

This is from my comic memory. Gungnir is forged from the same Uru metal as Mjolnir, so it as well is nearly indestructible. The only enchantment it contains, like Mjolnir, is the ability to return to Odin's hand when he throws it. It does not have any special powers, and any one could pick it up and use it. Odin uses it as a conduit to channel his power, as we find out Thor did with Mjolnir in the MCU as well.

Odin should've been the most powerful character we've been introduced to in the MCU. Note, not including Thanos WITH the Infinity Gauntlet. Odin is one of the most powerful entities in the comic Marvel Universe. He is actually larger than Thor and a very imposing figure. Unfortunately, the MCU turned him into a frail old man who did squat over 3 movies.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thor was Amazing in this movie and I am very tempted to get this. I have Dark World Thor and it’s great but with all the options of bare arms, armored arms, cape, no cape, etc it seems like an ultimate version to me. Just wish the costume wasn’t so dark and black. It reminds me of the X-Men motorcycle leather suits.

Thor was Amazing in this movie and I am very tempted to get this. I have Dark World Thor and it’s great but with all the options of bare arms, armored arms, cape, no cape, etc it seems like an ultimate version to me. Just wish the costume wasn’t so dark and black. It reminds me of the X-Men motorcycle leather suits.

That's my only little gripe with this design. It would have helped if the discs had remained silver. Still, looks solid.

Thats bold :lol

I agree with you about the options, im thinking of getting a second one just to have both looks represented

I think the all-black works with the vibrant red of the cape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the inside front facing part of the cape seems to be black too though. I suppose you can post him angled somehow to show more of the red.

Just got back from viewing 2, hammer needs a new handle sculpt and I hope the light up disc can have the lightning effects removed, otherwise this is the must buy of this line

I just worry about having so many figures with dull colors that they all blend in.
1f898b35b1ed301dbddb7db1f4627dd6.jpg

9943b6612f49ffb35034029ea22e082d.jpg

01b58a0e698a6bc15b7ad1f7b3071bf4.jpg

e7b3c5a2aa732d4af52434463e06df57.jpg

Everyone’s costumes seemed to have gone dark. I know that cap and Bucky actually are supposed to be blue but still would look very drab on the shelf if the figures are standing next to each other.

Most of my figures are blue or red or blue and red, so the black on thor iw def won't blend in... And have loki on po...i wish more heroes are not blue and red.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I just worry about having so many figures with dull colors that they all blend in.

Everyone’s costumes seemed to have gone dark. I know that cap and Bucky actually are supposed to be blue but still would look very drab on the shelf if the figures are standing next to each other.

That's a fair point, but Thor will still stand out from sheer presence, especially with the axe. And it will also at least make more colorful characters like the Iron Man Mk 50, Iron Spider, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, Drax, Rocket, and most of Gamora pop in contrast.

Just like in the movie.

Will this guy be waitlisted anytime soon? What do you guys think?

It's still very rare for a figure to sell out before it's released with a few exceptions.

I think they'll make larger runs of the big characters like Thor.

But if you're set on getting this figure, I would just order it for peace of mind. You never know. It's a huge movie pulling in ridiculous numbers.

It's still very rare for a figure to sell out before it's released with a few exceptions.

I think they'll make larger runs of the big characters like Thor.

But if you're set on getting this figure, I would just order it for peace of mind. You never know. It's a huge movie pulling in ridiculous numbers.

Well I was thinking of waiting for my SSC rewards to settle, then I have around $70, so I"m just waiting till I get $100RP so I can get Thor. Do you think that will be too late? I don't know if this is gonna sell like hotcakes and sell out early.

Back