1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
88bf5cb044a321550756f15af44141c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So some yahoo on eBay is trying to sell the shoulder fix for $99! :lol

You send him your Thanos body and for the amazing price of $99 he will "fix" your shoulder area (most likely with the heat gun/dryer method) and send it back to you! :slap

I really hope no one pays for that when the information for how to do it yourself is out there FOR FREE courtesy of you fine folks!

So some yahoo on eBay is trying to sell the shoulder fix for $99! :lol

You send him your Thanos body and for the amazing price of $99 he will "fix" your shoulder area (most likely with the heat gun/dryer method) and send it back to you! :slap

I really hope no one pays for that when the information for how to do it yourself is out there FOR FREE courtesy of you fine folks!

I'm with you bro. I hope more people see the easy fix too.

88bf5cb044a321550756f15af44141c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice set up! I like how Star-Lord is stepping on one of DS's magical disks. Once my Mark 50 arrives I'm hoping to have a similar grouping. I want to pose Iron Spider leaning back while he's pulling on the gauntlet, with the gold legs supporting him off the ground. If I have enough room. :lol

For those that might have missed this, I'm posting here again. It's so easy.

Hey fellow collectors. I tried an easy fix for the gap between the shoulders and the vest. I did not have to take the vest apart or remove any material from the figure. All i used was a blow dryer. I heated up each side, one at a time. Once it was hot and soft enough, I pressed it down and ran cold water over that part of the vest while pressing down on the vest, and it stayed. Let me know what you think.

DSC06649 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06650 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06651 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Thanos-B-and-A by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

I hope this helps.

AFM

Just got around to opening this guy up yesterday. Great figure overall and the shirt gap doesn't bother me too much. But for some reason, I can't stand how the rubber material bunches up on the arm - it's horrible if you bend it more than two clicks. It really limits the poses you'd want to put him in. Overall, still an amazing figure

Got Thanos yesterday and damn, he is one big boy. He's the biggest figure in my collection. The shoulder gap doesn't bother me too much as I'm posing him on my shelf in a way that hides it. I will try to remember posting a pic later.

Got Thanos yesterday and damn, he is one big boy. He's the biggest figure in my collection. The shoulder gap doesn't bother me too much as I'm posing him on my shelf in a way that hides it. I will try to remember posting a pic later.

Yea it doesn't bother me at all either. Just put him on the shelf and not something I'll be noticing, just awesome to have him looming over the rest of the figures.

Got mine yesterday. The shoulder gap doesn't bother me. I forgot about it until just now.

But, I will say the figure is underwhelming to me. There just isn't a lot going on. He's big and the gauntlet and HS are great but he feels kind of plain and boring to me. And his size makes it worse. He takes up so much space but doesn't have a lot of visual interest.

I definitely see myself selling him when the Armored Thanos comes out.

EDIT - I wanted to add that he isn't very dynamic either. He can't get into very many poses and bending his arms is out of the question. Doesn't leave a lot to work with.

Got mine yesterday. The shoulder gap doesn't bother me. I forgot about it until just now.

But, I will say the figure is underwhelming to me. There just isn't a lot going on. He's big and the gauntlet and HS are great but he feels kind of plain and boring to me. And his size makes it worse. He takes up so much space but doesn't have a lot of visual interest.

EDIT - I wanted to add that he isn't very dynamic either. He can't get into very many poses and bending his arms is out of the question. Doesn't leave a lot to work with.

When I received mine, I thought, "..what a nicely painted Marvel Legends Titans figure.." But I guess it's all about the lighting on this particular one

IMG_5348.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 2.58.44 PM.jpg

It’s the lack of finish on some of the plastic. Usually this isn’t an issue on a 1/6 figures but he’s so big the unfinished areas look blatantly plastic. They needed to up their paint work on this figure and didn’t.

That's a very good point. Looking at photos of him next to the Mark L, the gold on him looks decidedly less metallic than it should. I can understand the gauntlet having a dull finish in comparison - it was forged after all. I doubt Thanos asked Eitri to give it a high gloss shine before he killed all the other dwarves and cut his hands off. But the gold trim on his outfit needed a bit more effort on HT's part. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he'll be posed alongside the Mark L (or another Iron Man) more often than not.

You should get a hulk. Thanos is way smaller lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That armor is only going to make things worse for posing and we don't even have a bent arm to swap out.

Back