1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disclaimer: This is not for the faint of heart. If you have never customized anything before, I would seriously reconsider.

On that note, I hope this helps. It may seem VERY unnecessary for some, but the gap drove me crazy, personally.

The traps, pecks, and back were shaved down with a Dremel. But if you don't have one, you can use a hobby knife to cut the skin away since it's a soft vinyl over a hard plastic frame.

There is a way to close the gap on the gauntlet but that is very unnecessary and will hinder articulation.

466d05be380ce2b0e7596a6ef16d6842.jpg
1faa78b852a82d9050aa35aa2063061d.jpg
3fdbfa038325e39d6629ac53304b98ad.jpg
246f69df6d873d2f5add7caccb3908f9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

How much did you shave off or just gotta eyeball it? Also can I see more shots of the shaved off sections please.

The day it was done it was put back together so I can't show pics of it. You shave off the rubber skin. Under the "skin" there's the hard plastic body. It is stated in the post.

The day it was done it was put back together so I can't show pics of it. You shave off the rubber skin. Under the "skin" there's the hard plastic body. It is stated in the post.

When you added the slit on the LHS to make the shirt fit tighter, did you also trim away a bit of shirt material along the cut line? It seems like you'd need to so it stays flush to the body.

Thanos has arrived! This guy is HUGE, he towers over my previous tallest figure, Darth Vader, who I already thought was big. The articulation is a bit more limited than I would have liked, especially in the arms, but this figure is still amazing.
9e4352090b3a4cb4de18fbee47894b49.jpg

de9fe4ce16dab97167f0e47d71d57d61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just opened this. all i can add that i havent seen is the waist has more swivel than what's been shown. Top 10 figure.

It's absolutely absurd the few amount of collectibles that have the ability to perform or have a static pose of the snap.

Yes you're right. And especially considering it is an easy body part to even have as a swap out moulded part. I guess it just came down to secrecy and toy manufacturers not knowing that was going to happen.

Perhaps now this guy is out the secondary market can remould the Gauntlet accurately to create a plug in "snap" gauntlet. If they could do it in decent quality that would be a huge seller.

Yes you're right. And especially considering it is an easy body part to even have as a swap out moulded part. I guess it just came down to secrecy and toy manufacturers not knowing that was going to happen.

Perhaps now this guy is out the secondary market can remould the Gauntlet accurately to create a plug in "snap" gauntlet. If they could do it in decent quality that would be a huge seller.

Or HT will do it and price it at something ridiculous like $100-$125. And it will sell like hotcakes. :lol

Hey fellow collectors. I tried an easy fix for the gap between the shoulders and the vest. I did not have to take the vest apart or remove any material from the figure. All i used was a blow dryer. I heated up each side, one at a time. Once it was hot and soft enough, I pressed it down and ran cold water over that part of the vest while pressing down on the vest, and it stayed. Let me know what you think.

DSC06649 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06650 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06651 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

I hope this helps.

AFM

Hey fellow collectors. I tried an easy fix for the gap between the shoulders and the vest. I did not have to take the vest apart or remove any material from the figure. All i used was a blow dryer. I heated up each side, one at a time. Once it was hot and soft enough, I pressed it down and ran cold water over that part of the vest while pressing down on the vest, and it stayed. Let me know what you think.

I hope this helps.

AFM

Good idea! I will have to try that. :)

Back