1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anyway to get him in this pose? I doubt it but it would be great if he could somehow.

View attachment 453720

Watched Infinity War last night and thought I’d like to do this same pose too. I haven’t received Thanos yet, but I’ll post pics here if I can get this pose to work. Tracking says he’ll be here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m disappointed once again in hot toys for the plastic shirt and no ab articulation. He should be able to sit down

That plastic shirt is the reason for the bad gaps at the shoulders. I’m thinking about ripping it off and trying to get it to sit lower.
I see that it would be impossible to do this. The vinyl material for the shirt is glued to a molded plastic piece that makes up his traps, and collar to the outfit. If you change it, it will completely change his shape.
In a good pose you won't even notice it.
e02dabf3768aa9b01cb5ed7cf9216863.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think I’ll put some brave pants on this weekend and remove that top. There’s a few good looking customs out there. This customizer( yu_nai_tou) and Owen1313 have made a couple great looking figures.

Edit: if you have Instagram I would look up Owen1313’s Thanos he did on commission.

Impressive...kinda makes you wonder why HT didn't make the arms sit flush to begin with.

Does anyone know if propping the arms high hinders articulation though?

Yeah, I think I’ll put some brave pants on this weekend and remove that top. There’s a few good looking customs out there. This customizer( yu_nai_tou) and Owen1313 have made a couple great looking figures.

Edit: if you have Instagram I would look up Owen1313’s Thanos he did on commission.
So he modded the arm/ joint, internals. Because I ripped the top off, there is no way to adjust the "shirt". It's so rigid, I even tried heating it up to try molding it tighter to the body. Fail. So I think adjustments were made at the shoulder joints themselves, coupled with gluing the shirt to the body most likely.

That's even braver. Im not messing with that lol. I spent $580 on this guy and it doesn't bother me that much lol.

Yeah, it needed to be thinned down front and back, quite a bit of material was shaved off. I think Hot Toys could’ve saved the time they spent developing the upper torso and left it slimmer and generic for a better fit.

I should’ve taken pictures.

Edit: when it finally fit good, I glued the shoulders down too.

Yeah, it needed to be thinned down front and back, quite a bit of material was shaved off. I think Hot Toys could’ve saved the time they spent developing the upper torso and left it slimmer and generic for a better fit.

I should’ve taken pictures.

Edit: when it finally fit good, I glued the shoulders down too.
Nice! Glad you are happy with it now

Back