1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s why I haven’t brought myself to buy the A1 or AoU hulk. He just seems too big. He dwarfs Thanos but not so much in the movie.

Looks about accurate to me. And here, hulk is hunched a lot. Arm comparison looks about right as well. HT knows what they're doing. Does anyone remember the gotg thanos?? Glad I never had the urge to pick it up.
e897757717bdbbe6ca21bf577a77cd58.jpg
be951c6b720127d8ead2d330c4b8736d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I never had the urge to get GotG Thanos because I always knew he’d eventually be made again with an Infinity Gauntlet.

I never had the urge to get GotG Thanos because I always knew he’d eventually be made again with an Infinity Gauntlet.
I liked the armor, but it didn't have a lot of detailing for such a pricey piece. And even then he seems very small. Maybe no one had an idea of his true size until Infinity War.

Someone claimed here they used my 10% off promo code I posted for IW Thanos. But I'm still getting a reminder email that it's not used. So if anyone wants IW Thanos for 10% off. You can try see if it works.

Ups-IT10-b633e33c

Wow look at that. That's crazy

Yeah I did buy the GOTG Thanos because I really liked the look of his armor in pictures and I had seen pictures of how he was going to look in IW. I didn’t fully realize the size differential at the time. I could see from pictures that the GOTG version of Thanos was significantly larger than Star Lord and other Guardians so I pulled the trigger. When I was a kid Thanos didn’t appear as large as he does in contemporary comics and movies. However since the MCU has made The Hulk so large it totally makes sense that they made IW and EG Thanos almost as large as Hulk (as he should be).

The size and details of these newer versions of Thanos are what caused me to pre-order the EG version of this figure the day it was announced.

What it does have going for it is the throne. If possible, I’d definitely sit him on the throne to hide the major height discrepancy if he’s posed next to other figures.

What it does have going for it is the throne. If possible, I’d definitely sit him on the throne to hide the major height discrepancy if he’s posed next to other figures.

Yes the GOTG Thanos looks fine alone and even next to other figures he looks good because he is significantly larger than normal sized figures like Iron Man, Star Lord, Gamora, etc., however next to larger figures like IW Thanos or Hulk, let’s just say the optics aren’t good. Even though the discrepancy is not as pronounced as the photo a few posts ago (that IW Thanos is on his base while GOTG Thanos is not), the difference is too much to accept.

When I purchased my GOTG Thanos it was several months before IW Thanos was announced by Hot Toys. I was still ok with my GOTG version because I loved having an armored version and the throne is very cool. However, when this Endgame version was announced I had to have it. I can’t wait for it too arrive. That said other than being a bit too small the GOTG Thanos is still pretty cool in-hand

Attachments

• 89C73962-7CFD-4C63-B9AC-BD3B308A351D.jpg
    89C73962-7CFD-4C63-B9AC-BD3B308A351D.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 311
  • BB2F46D1-B438-4F90-8390-E9D92BB792EA.jpg
    BB2F46D1-B438-4F90-8390-E9D92BB792EA.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 313
That height difference is pretty crazy. He’s also a little bit smaller next to Hulk than I expected in that second picture you posted.

31778ADE-F229-4EDC-B1EF-3A6AD46CC9A8.jpeg

But as I mentioned, even if GotG Thanos is the only Thanos you have, or not the only one, I think what now makes him unique is his throne, so I’d definitely utilize that. Like I said, I think it’d help mask his shorter height when standing next to other figures. Even with getting the EG version, it’d still be cool to have one version wearing the Infinity Gauntlet, and one on the throne; if you have the room that is. Thanos is a bad ass villain, so there’s no shame in having two.

That height difference is pretty crazy. He’s also a little bit smaller next to Hulk than I expected in that second picture you posted.

View attachment 453699

But as I mentioned, even if GotG Thanos is the only Thanos you have, or not the only one, I think what now makes him unique is his throne, so I’d definitely utilize that. Like I said, I think it’d help mask his shorter height when standing next to other figures. Even with getting the EG version, it’d still be cool to have one version wearing the Infinity Gauntlet, and one on this throne; if you have the room that is. Thanos is a bad ass villain, so there’s no shame in having two.
That's how they getcha!

Might as well just buy the throne parted out as thats the only thing worth it from that release.

I think EG Thanos would probably be too large for it though I’m guessing. Plus, he’s likely got the seamless arms like IW Thanos, so I personally wouldn’t want to bend the elbow joints like that to place his arms on the arm rests and then leave it like that.

View attachment 453699

But as I mentioned, even if GotG Thanos is the only Thanos you have, or not the only one, I think what now makes him unique is his throne, so I’d definitely utilize that. Like I said, I think it’d help mask his shorter height when standing next to other figures. Even with getting the EG version, it’d still be cool to have one version wearing the Infinity Gauntlet, and one on the throne; if you have the room that is. Thanos is a bad ass villain, so there’s no shame in having two.

You mean no shame in having three? [emoji23] I also got the GotG version before IW and will end up with all of them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Might as well just buy the throne parted out as thats the only thing worth it from that release.

Yes the throne is a really cool accessory. But I agree with SilverStar regarding size. I have seen pictures of IW Thanos on the GOTG throne and it doesn’t look very good, it is reminiscent of an adult sitting in an elementary school desk chair during an Open House or something.

It seems that there are so many talented customizers in this forum that maybe someone will make a proper throne/seat based upon the one used in IW and EG ...I’d buy one :)

Anybody with IW Thanos, does he fit on the GoTG Throne? Is there anyway to get him in this pose? I doubt it but it would be great if he could somehow.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back