1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Thanos from Sideshow today. He’s definitely not going to be the bargain bin figure people think he might be. He’s nearly perfect. I really only have two gripes and both are only things they should have included. It’s rather unforgivable for him to not have a snapping hand. It was THE moment of the film and they had nearly a full year to add it. Or at least have articulated the articulated hand to be able to achieve it. Second, the stones really should have been removable so he could be film accurate for more than just a few brief seconds. This one would have been a little trickier with the interchangeable hands so if they could only give us one look, I’m glad it was the full gauntlet. The snapping hand I cannot forgive its omission... unless the armored version should come with it. If not, double fail.

That out of the way, he is beautiful. I feel the head was improved and looks much less like Rick Harrison now. Both heads are great so I have no problem with them getting reused for the armored version. He just demands your attention on the shelf. A real attention getter and true centerpiece to any marvel collection.

Nice. Thanks for the impressions. You're right, you would have thought they would have made the snap Gauntlet a possibility, however they surely would have investigated it. (unless Disney kept this a secret from them ??). Without seeing it it's hard to see the limitations. I guess articulation of the palm area to get thumb and fingers closer would be the issue.

Personally I did swap to the Armoured version. So I'll need to wait now, however will be very keen to see pics and more reviews of this guy.

That out of the way, he is beautiful. I feel the head was improved and looks much less like Rick Harrison now. Both heads are great so I have no problem with them getting reused for the armored version. He just demands your attention on the shelf. A real attention getter and true centerpiece to any marvel collection.

Congrats Buttmunch! I’d love to see some pictures.
Thanks again for helping me out with ML Comic Version of Thanos! I’m only one more flex payment away from having this Thanos home too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Thanos from Sideshow today. He’s definitely not going to be the bargain bin figure people think he might be. He’s nearly perfect. I really only have two gripes and both are only things they should have included. It’s rather unforgivable for him to not have a snapping hand. It was THE moment of the film and they had nearly a full year to add it. Or at least have articulated the articulated hand to be able to achieve it. Second, the stones really should have been removable so he could be film accurate for more than just a few brief seconds. This one would have been a little trickier with the interchangeable hands so if they could only give us one look, I’m glad it was the full gauntlet. The snapping hand I cannot forgive its omission... unless the armored version should come with it. If not, double fail.

Opened up mine from Sideshow today (friggin DHL held mine for an extra day) & I echo pretty much every thing you had to say. The snap pose would have been easy for HotToys to pull off by just having a swivel joints where the fingers attach to the palm. Don't know if having swappable blanks & removable stones would have been practical with a swivel joint but it could have been done with the straight fist gauntlet offering up better utility between the two.

Also you are totally rite on this guys shelf presence; he is breath taking & an experience akin to opening up your first HotToy. Well I'm off to try & pose him up with my other IW figure in a mash up.

Cheers

Just opened him up he’s absolutely amazing in hand. I tried to do the snap smh but overall great figure the light up gauntlet is great too. Here are a few pics and closest to what you can get snap.
ec59e0132c7c74623b2274c47d56900c.jpg
9cc2066d8a9edb22680c8a126e2c4c60.jpg
8baf7662c66b152fbeb79dbfb85970d8.jpg

Pros
-Awesome
-Looks great with other IW figs
-Would trust him with my life
-Complaints about the bicep sculpt are over-exaggerated, imo
-Lights up good

Cons
-Wish the shoulder gap was easier to close with some wiggling a la Hulk
-Wish the wrist size aligned better with the interchangeable hands (again like Hulk)
-Wish the non-gauntlet fist was in a tighter punching position

does the Gauntlet light up all the stones perfectly?

Yes it does, it lights fully and very bright in the open hand. And it lights very brightly in the closed fist except for the thumb green stone which lights a little bit less, but still very noticeable.

Yes it does, it lights fully and very bright in the open hand. And it lights very brightly in the closed fist except for the thumb green stone which lights a little bit less, but still very noticeable.

any close up pics of the lit up gauntlet? If you can? I just want to see if they've improved it.

Back